DISNEY and your DNA

Nubs70

The fingerprint scanner is a bunch of baloney. Last year upon first entry to park, I placed the requisite index finger on the scanner. Each park entry for the rest of the week, I placed a finger other than the initial index finger and I gained entry every time without problem.

bethymouse

The fingerprint scanner is a bunch of baloney. Last year upon first entry to park, I placed the requisite index finger on the scanner. Each park entry for the rest of the week, I placed a finger other than the initial index finger and I gained entry every time without problem.
You mean they didn't stop you?;)

NewtoDisney2009

Um...last I checked...fingerprints are not DNA. And the little old lady working the gate at Magic Kingdom isn't exactly collecting hair samples, skin shavings or pricking fingers to collect blood.
Really? She's not supposed to collet hair samples or prick my finger? Hmmm. She's got a lot of explaining to do...

luv

It's a fingerprint, not DNA.

He doesn't have to go the fingerprint route, either. He can show ID each time he enters. :)

bsiev1977

It's a fingerprint, not DNA.

He doesn't have to go the fingerprint route, either. He can show ID each time he enters. :)
But, wouldn't a conspiracy theorist be against government issued ID cards? I mean, isn't that the first thing they'll use to round us up for the reeducation camps?

topher

I was told by a leader during my CP that those scanners are actually measuring bone density rather than fingerprints.
I am not confirming this is true; only relaying what I was told.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I was told by a leader during my CP that those scanners are actually measuring bone density rather than fingerprints.

This would make sense.

The lights would confirm something like that rather than an actual fingerprint scan, which does not require lights for capture, but does require a touch sensitive pad and software associated.

Ask anyone who has been into a secure datacenter if the fingerprint scanner requires flashing lights... :p

But, I say we kick it up a notch! Lets go IRIS!

luv

They lied.

I am actually having bone problems and have had tests for bone density, etc. They do several things, but the machines that do scans are much bigger than the fingerprint machines, lol.

Disney has finally admitted that they are storing fingerprints, so all that "They're tiny little bone scanners!" stuff can stop now. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They lied.

I am actually having bone problems and have had tests for bone density, etc. They do several things, but the machines that do scans are much bigger than the fingerprint machines, lol.

Disney has finally admitted that they are storing fingerprints, so all that "They're tiny little bone scanners!" stuff can stop now. :)

So, the lights are for Disney Magic? I'm sure if I asked some DC security friends they could probably identify the scanner used, but lights are just another thing to break, and FP scanning doesn't require them.

Though, in afterthought, light based imaging would be better than the, what I assume is, pressure based style I'm referring to...so...

void my last two posts! :p

topher

They lied.

I wouldn't expect the people that are actually employed by Disney to know as much as the guests anyway.
Thanks.

luv

So, the lights are for Disney Magic? I'm sure if I asked some DC security friends they could probably identify the scanner used, but lights are just another thing to break, and FP scanning doesn't require them.

Though, in afterthought, light based imaging would be better than the, what I assume is, pressure based style I'm referring to...so...

void my last two posts! :p
The fingerprint thing I used at work did light up. It also showed us our fingerprint in a little picture and highlighted the spots it used in red (if our fingerprint didn't match the data stored) or green (if it did.)

However, they worked about as well as Disney's and would sometimes not know our fingerprints were really ours. I hope they do this better at the U.S. Mint and Fort Knox. ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom