Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

djlaosc

Original Poster
Universal Orlando Resort Facebook said:
THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES: THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER – DIAGON ALLEY IS COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...51.130990.90867402851&type=1&relevant_count=1

Building on the global phenomenon that is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment today announced an expansion of historic proportion with the entirely new themed environment, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.

Scheduled to open in 2014, the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience expands The Wizarding World of Harry Potter across both Universal Orlando theme parks and allows Universal’s creative team to bring an unparalleled vision to this unique project. The new area will bring to life some of the experiences and places found in and around London in the Harry Potter books and films, offering brand-new adventures for fans and theme park guests from around the world.

Diagon Alley and ‘London’ will be located within the Universal Studios Florida theme park, which is adjacent to Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park, where guests now experience Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. The new area within Universal Studios will be just as expansive, immersive and authentic as the existing themed environment.”

TheDisneyMagic

It is great that they have finally announced this, it was the Theme Park industries most well known secret.

Scheduled to open next year as well, they really don't mess around.

I didn't seen any announcement about Hogwarts express, although to be fair they haven't spoken about specific attractions yet.

djlaosc

Original Poster
I didn't seen any announcement about Hogwarts express, although to be fair they haven't spoken about specific attractions yet.

Yeah, I did notice that there was information on specific attractions - maybe they save that for after a Disney announcement?

Thrill Seeker

Took 'em long enough to announce it... I'm glad they finally did. Now to see specifics to hopefully confirm the rumors we've been hearing for months...

djlaosc

Original Poster
Will we be seeing a rename to the current "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" to "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade"?

Animaniac93-98

2014 opening? Is it possible it could open BEFORE the three-year long project known as the "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?"

Universal is really got it going on striking while the iron is hot. Maybe it is time for a career change...hhmmmmm

Before or after it's going to be tough to hype the Dwarfs ("but..but...it is 3.5 minutes long, we swear!") when Potter phase 2 opens. Fairytale Hall won't help either.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Beautiful piece of concept art
The%20Wizarding%20World%20of%20Harry%20Potter%20-%20Diagon%20Alley%20RenderingLR.jpg

djlaosc

Original Poster
Beautiful piece of concept art

I like the way that it hints at things by showing Hogwarts in the background, as well as showing the Hogwarts Express.

And it's obviously the Gringotts building with the dragon on top, but it doesn't show that it's a ride.

As for that dragon, whether that's "artistic license" by the artist, or not, who knows. But, if they can get a large, fire-breathing dragon to work on top of Gringotts, it would be amazing.

(And a little dig at Disney - yes, you had a fire-breathing dragon for one night, we've got one year round)

Clamman73

Before or after it's going to be tough to hype the Dwarfs ("but..but...it is 3.5 minutes long, we swear!") when Potter phase 2 opens. Fairytale Hall won't help either.

I guess Disney had to have it open in '14 b/c they knew this was coming...I don't there's anything else WDW has opening in '14 that's on any appreciable scale - someone correct me if wrong...

Sue_Vongello

I guess Disney had to have it open in '14 b/c they knew this was coming...I don't there's anything else WDW has opening in '14 that's on any appreciable scale - someone correct me if wrong...

Well they may add those Wall-E themed restrooms to EPCOT ... oh wait if that starts this year it won't be ready until 2015 ... nevermind ... yup, nothing in 2014.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom