Bob Iger in HS

Jimmy Thick

Sorry, but there are things floating around the net that this may have been an elaborate hoax performed by a group of kids to dupe unsuspecting people. If that's really true, I got to give those guys props, bravo!!!

Jimmy Thick- Manti Te'o? Catfish?

PhotoDave219

Sorry, but there are things floating around the net that this may have been an elaborate hoax performed by a group of kids to dupe unsuspecting people. If that's really true, I got to give those guys props, bravo!!!

I would assume thats correct bearing evidence otherwise.

tissandtully

Seeing as that a few weeks back someone randomly tweeted that the Yeti was working and the whole twatter verse went nuts, that's not too surprising. Kinda funny actually. I was at DHS yesterday and handnt heard anything until someone mentioned it to me while I was waiting for the fireworks. I was a bit dubious. The fireworks were worth it for anyone who decided to show up for an announcement though.

Jimmy Thick

Seeing as that a few weeks back someone randomly tweeted that the Yeti was working and the whole twatter verse went nuts, that's not too surprising. Kinda funny actually. I was at DHS yesterday and handnt heard anything until someone mentioned it to me while I was waiting for the fireworks. I was a bit dubious. The fireworks were worth it for anyone who decided to show up for an announcement though.

The real comedy comes from the fact multiple "insiders" from around the net, were discussing "Iger's visit" when apparently he was not even there. Like I always say, believe what you will...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-iger-announcement-20130505,0,6430743.story

Jimmy Thick- Was brilliant... No?

lazyboy97o

AswaySuller

Are we calling 'fantasmic' "fireworks" now?

Why would he have been at DHS to announce something before fireworks when fireworks are at MK and Epcot.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Are we calling 'fantasmic' "fireworks" now?

Why would he have been at DHS to announce something before fireworks when fireworks are at MK and Epcot.

There was a special May the Fourth be with you SW themed fireworks show. The actual show is buried in this thread somewhere. WDWmagic, himself linked to it.

MattM

Apparently you guys don't understand the competitiveness of news. Everyone wants to be the first. But with the immediateness of social media and the veracity of the information it has become a very difficult to be first and correct. This thread is the definition of the problem. How is legitimate media going to be first and correct when the twitterverse is exploding with false/incorrect AND factual information?

Everyone expects legitimate sources to be correct and they log on 20 seconds after they read **** on twitter.

I think there is a place in news for reporting on things you see on social media. Problem is, news report it as concrete fact instead of mentioning that it is a source or a rumor on twitter. Twitter isn't always wrong (though it often is)...it broke the killing of Bin Laden a good hour and a half before any network got wind of it.

Viget

Crazy idea...

But could this have been a deliberate social media "plant" by Disney? Something they knew wasn't true but yet something that sounded plausible and likely to be of interest to many, just so they could gauge the reaction, interest, speed and direction of propagation throughout the twitverse.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities, after all there have been legit surveys about what the public would like to see in a SW land. This is sort of an online survey of sorts, to see how interested people would be in an announcement by Iger, presumably about SW. And we also suspect that "plans" for attractions have been deliberately leaked both here and elsewhere to gauge actual fan interest in the project.

Plus it is a dry run should they ever contemplate ACTUALLY announcing a *real* press event in this manner. They know when and how it would be trending in twitter, what collation sites would pick up on it, and who the initial responders would be and how they are regarded by the WDW online community in general.

Even if nothing ever comes of this, they could have mined a wealth of social media data by monitoring the response Saturday night.

I know, probably just a social media hoax by someone looking to drive up traffic to their site. But I think this could be possible.

tissandtully

Crazy idea...

But could this have been a deliberate social media "plant" by Disney? Something they knew wasn't true but yet something that sounded plausible and likely to be of interest to many, just so they could gauge the reaction, interest, speed and direction of propagation throughout the twitverse.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities, after all there have been legit surveys about what the public would like to see in a SW land. This is sort of an online survey of sorts, to see how interested people would be in an announcement by Iger, presumably about SW. And we also suspect that "plans" for attractions have been deliberately leaked both here and elsewhere to gauge actual fan interest in the project.

Plus it is a dry run should they ever contemplate ACTUALLY announcing a *real* press event in this manner. They know when and how it would be trending in twitter, what collation sites would pick up on it, and who the initial responders would be and how they are regarded by the WDW online community in general.

Even if nothing ever comes of this, they could have mined a wealth of social media data by monitoring the response Saturday night.

I know, probably just a social media hoax by someone looking to drive up traffic to their site. But I think this could be possible.

Or Disney trying to flush out CMs who provide leaks to "media" sources. Apple does something similar to this.

Sue_Vongello

Crazy idea...

If they are still running "tests" to gauge Star Wars popularity then they are dumber than I thought. (Which is bad because my previous thought is their intelligence lay somewhere on the spectrum between a Kardashian and moldy sheet rock.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom