'Disney Springs' - Downtown Disney expansion officially announced

luv

The sky is blue, airplanes go faster than cars, I like to swim and it gets hot in Florida in the summertime. :D
Funny man.

Swear and fight with your women all you want. Just keep your booze, drunkenness and language out of my lovely F&G. Please.

You can have the fall...F&W, HHN...I relinquish it. Just give me my spring. F&G should be about new life, pretty flowers, sunshine, blue skies and happiness. No place for drunks there.

jt04

I agree with all that but it seems like the majority of the "Save Pleasure Island" crowd would be dissatisfied with Raglan Road-y places. They seem to want flat-out night clubs. Maybe I'm mistaken.

On a semi unrelated note, my wife almost smacked a bachelorette party at Flower and Garden yesterday when the bride-to-be was throwing a hissy fit at one of her bridesmaids for not "paying for her own f***ing drinks."

I give the marriage about two years.

PhotoDave219

Funny man.

Swear and fight with your women all you want. Just keep your booze, drunkenness and language out of my lovely F&G. Please.

You can have the fall...F&W, HHN...I relinquish it. Just give me my spring. F&G should be about new life, pretty flowers, sunshine, blue skies and happiness. No place for drunks there.

Does that mean I can still do (Dont Ask) in the wave pool at (I'm not saying)?

luv

Does that mean I can still do (Dont Ask) in the wave pool at (I'm not saying)?
You stay out of my wave pool. You can have the water slides. At Blizzard Beach. And the Contemporary/BLT. And DHS. That's about it.

Dave, soon I will have to ban you from everywhere I go. You will have to live on I-Drive, lol.

jt04

This is the day the Orlando Magic begin to unveil their plan for a new entertainment zone in Downtown Orlando. So, the odds just went up for Disney Springs not becoming Hyperion Wharf.

Irie

This is the day the Orlando Magic begin to unveil their plan for a new entertainment zone in Downtown Orlando. So, the odds just went up for Disney Springs not becoming Hyperion Wharf.
I don't think Disney Springs will go the way of Hyperion Wharf, however it has nothing to do with the plans of the Orlando Magic.

lazyboy97o

Am I the only one saying, "Huh?"
He is operating under the delusion that building of other entertainment offerings since the Pleasure Island clubs were closed have all been in anticipation of Disney's future developments such as Disney Springs and the "pendulum" of spending bringing a massive rebuilding and build out of Walt Disney World that will attract record crowds to the Orlando area.

luv

He is operating under the delusion that building of other entertainment offerings since the Pleasure Island clubs were closed have all been in anticipation of Disney's future developments such as Disney Springs and the "pendulum" of spending bringing a massive rebuilding and build out of Walt Disney World that will attract record crowds to the Orlando area.
I see. Thank you for clarifying. :)

jt04

Uh, no. I am saying that Disney closing PI would lead to others stepping in to capitalize. I Drive Live and the Magic's new offerings are evidence.

I have also surmised that Disney wants to keep people on property by offering options after the parks close. And since Disney is primarily known for family entertainment any build out of the former DTD would largely reflect that.

And since UNI and others were destined to capitalize on the Lifestyle Center trend, Disney could not stand still and developing something like Disney Springs was inevitable. They realized HW just was not enough it appears.

As for the pendulum effect, that is referring to investing in the theme parks. DCA was the first priority and WDW would have been next but then hai happened. While WDW theme parks were largely put on hold, spending on infrastructure continued. Because it will be needed.

I have been saying WDW was due to get more investment in park attractions as part of this cycle. Some now refer to it as 'spirited change'. Whatever. Just glad more and more realize I have been right for years.

71jason

JT, do you have a link to this? Don't doubt you, just haven't heard anything about this yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom