Comparing Disney's Hotels to UNI's latest

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Sounds like serious competition to me. Previously, it has been cheaper to stay at WDW and drive to Uni for a couple of days. Now it looks like a split stay may be in order. 7 days on site at WDW, and 3 at UOR.
Also, rental cars are astoundingly cheap in Florida. I paid less than $200 for a 10 day rental in November. That's $20/day for total freedom! While we didn't go to Uni this trip, we did go to Publix twice, Walgreen's once, and a quickie trip to Old Town. The ability to skip the overtired, under-deodorized masses at the end of the day is priceless.

captainkidd

If Universal takes away the front of line perk they have at their other hotels, this hotel will seem second class. If you have plans to go to Universal and if you don't stay at one of their hotels then your a fool because the front of the line perk is the best perk in the theme park world. Taking that away for a bowling alley and lazy river is rather absurd.

Keeping the front of the line perk at the K-Mart resort, and then you got something.

Jimmy Thick- The K-Mart resort, I kinda like that...

Jimmy's right. If they take away Express, I wouldn't stay there.

awilliams4

I think it will have a much bigger impact than I thought it would originally - a family of 4 can stay onsite at UOR for 7 days (including admission) for $47 a person a night. That's going to hurt Disney big time.

Also, Express Pass isn't included, but it looks like they will be offering 1 hour early admission to Wizarding World.
I doubt it. What the hell are you going to do at Uni for 7 days?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
The parking issue is a problem.. but even paying for parking at Disney AND UNI.. that's like under $35.. if you are saving $100+ for a room.. it still pays for itself. But UNI is farther than I would want to be driving back and forth every day from Disney.

I think this offering looks far more interesting than the AoA launch. Maybe split stays are where this will end up..

Do 5 days at Disney hotels, do 2-3 days at UNI hotels..

decisions.. decisions!!

devoy1701

The parking issue is a problem.. but even paying for parking at Disney AND UNI.. that's like under $35.. if you are saving $100+ for a room.. it still pays for itself. But UNI is farther than I would want to be driving back and forth every day from Disney.

I think this offering looks far more interesting than the AoA launch. Maybe split stays are where this will end up..

Do 5 days at Disney hotels, do 2-3 days at UNI hotels..

decisions.. decisions!!
Uni kind of doesn't have a choice at it's resorts though. They don't have much land at all so they do try to discourage people from parking onsite. That's the impression I got from Royal Pacific anyway. Perhaps they should have a designated floor on a parking garage (or perhaps a new parking garage in the future) for resort guests that they could park offsite and utilize some sort of PeopleMover system to get people to the resorts.

btw, did anyone say where this new resort is being built? Is it on the pad directly behind Royal Pacific or on the one bordering 439? somewhere else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom