The crazys are at Epcot today

sweetpee_1993

Absolutely. Those kids in yellow pay $4,698 in July, $4,996 in December each for their tour. Five thousand dollar per kid, for a Disney trip. These girls each get about the same spending money too. After all, their tour includes four whole days and several evenings for shopping, from malls to perfumeland to a shopping excursion to Miami. So $10,000 per girl.

That's an aspect of what we are dealing with here too. It is not just random 'enthusiastic' teenagers. This is about Brazil's and Argentina's upper class offloading their brats onto un unsuspecting world. And if their screaming and chanting and their intruding on your personal space and private enjoyment bothers you - well sucks to be you, peasant. Or worse, sucks to be you, diabo branco or gringo loco.
We are talking about Paris Hilton and friends here, Valley girls, not third world. (Or, rather, third world par excellence, of which the definition isn't poverty - Brazil is very rich - but gross income inequality, with all the accompanying entitlement and superiority mentality that brings about)

~ Did you spend $10,000 per kid on your last Disney trip? ~

I've spent more than that in a single trip more than once. Didn't have to spend that to send a single kid because I don't like to be around my offspring. Do you see me doing that at WDW now? Nope. There's a list of reasons why but on that list is the x-factor in not knowing if I'm going to be stuck dodging these bands of humanity's worst. No thank you.

I agree, tho. Catering to these groups of animals is bringing tons of money to WDW so don't expect your little complaints to mean anything more than jack sh--. Don't like the possibility of being stuck with the animals? Find other Disney experiences that they aren't doing...yet. o_O If these people are willing to spend these stupid amounts to send their little animals off-leash to other countries it's only a matter of time before they discover other options that become the fashionable thing to do. Could you imagine spending $10k to spend a week on a cruise ship with them??? They don't make cruise ships big enough for that! :mad:

bsiev1977

Here are a few phrases I hope to learn in time for my trip, in ascending order of anger with the people in question:
Could you quiet down, please?= Poderia você quieto, por favor?
Shut up!= Fica quieto!
Shut the @&$& up! = Cala a boca @&@$&

Maybe it's just the translation site I'm using, but there doesn't seem to be a proper translation for the choices words.

ddbowdoin

Here are a few phrases I hope to learn in time for my trip, in ascending order of anger with the people in question:
Could you quiet down, please?= Poderia você quieto, por favor?
Shut up!= Fica quieto!
Shut the @&$& up! = Cala a boca @&@$&

Maybe it's just the translation site I'm using, but there doesn't seem to be a proper translation for the choices words.

I could think of a few more lol

ddbowdoin

Maybe I should buy the Rosetta Stone program for Portuguese...

I used to always say... I'd go whenever I had a chance but honestly after that experience I'll never go in the summer again. Even with the normal crowds that are expected there I can handle waiting in lines etc, but the arm holdings, chanting, whistling, and crap is too much for me. There were a few times where I stormed up to the group leader and absolutely laid a Boston verbal beatdown on him. He must have thought he was in a scene from the Departed.

bsiev1977

I used to always say... I'd go whenever I had a chance but honestly after that experience I'll never go in the summer again. Even with the normal crowds that are expected there I can handle waiting in lines etc, but the arm holdings, chanting, whistling, and crap is too much for me. There were a few times where I stormed up to the group leader and absolutely laid a Boston verbal beatdown on him. He must have thought he was in a scene from the Departed.
I'm just hoping December isn't so bad.

ddbowdoin

I'm just hoping December isn't so bad.

the way I see it my experience in POTC turned Disney into Six Flags... as in, I am in a long line and there are a million screaming kids and as a result zero ambience and mood. When I am stuck in a 30 min line at POTC I often find myself lost listening to the faint music, checking out the surroundings, the small details... it makes the line go by nice and fast. But once you remove that because of the noise, you see where I am stuck in a Six Flags world.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Absolutely. Those kids in yellow pay $4,698 in July, $4,996 in December each for their tour. Five thousand dollar per kid, for a Disney trip. These girls each get about the same spending money too. After all, their tour includes four whole days and several evenings for shopping, from malls to perfumeland to a shopping excursion to Miami. So $10,000 per girl.

That's an aspect of what we are dealing with here too. It is not just random 'enthusiastic' teenagers. This is about Brazil's and Argentina's upper class offloading their brats onto un unsuspecting world. And if their screaming and chanting and their intruding on your personal space and private enjoyment bothers you - well sucks to be you, peasant. Or worse, sucks to be you, diabo branco or gringo loco.
We are talking about Paris Hilton and friends here, Valley girls, not third world. (Or, rather, third world par excellence, of which the definition isn't poverty - Brazil is very rich - but gross income inequality, with all the accompanying entitlement and superiority mentality that brings about)

~ Did you spend $10,000 per kid on your last Disney trip? ~

Yeah, what she said!

$10,000? I haven't spent that on an entire family trip! Good Lord!

Why is it every time I see big numbers like this I just think about my DD's college tuition? Maybe one of these tour groups would like to toss money at my feet, it is a mere $15,000 for this semester, not due until February 28th, there is still time???

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
the way I see it my experience in POTC turned Disney into Six Flags... as in, I am in a long line and there are a million screaming kids and as a result zero ambience and mood. When I am stuck in a 30 min line at POTC I often find myself lost listening to the faint music, checking out the surroundings, the small details... it makes the line go by nice and fast. But once you remove that because of the noise, you see where I am stuck in a Six Flags world.

Hopefully you'll be on the right, in the FP+ lane.

ddbowdoin

Yeah, what she said!

$10,000? I haven't spent that on an entire family trip! Good Lord!

Why is it every time I see big numbers like this I just think about my DD's college tuition? Maybe one of these tour groups would like to toss money at my feet, it is a mere $15,000 for this semester, not due until February 28th, there is still time???

consider yourself lucky... my school was 52K a year.

taz0162

Also I have noticed that they reaaallly like the Nabisco Nilla Wafers they had boxes and boxes with them...Not sure why the obsession of them tho?[/quote said:
Nabisco Nilla Wafers are great. Expecially when made into Bananna Pudding. Hmm now if there is only a way that we can lour them to an area of the parks to consolidate their group so that the rest of the parks would be safe. We need to get a Semi load of the Wafers parked at Universal with a free shuttle <One way> to there.

DfromATX

Each country has it's own choice words. LOL. Sorry you need to learn them from a native. It's always good to insult someone's mother or sister in any Spanish country. lol.

I wouldn't recommend doing that. We don't want any fights breaking out at Disney now... lol

DfromATX

Yes it is because of socialize medicine, all that stuff is covered.

Maybe they just like to look beautiful? ;) Actually, I looked it up (not cause I didn't believe you, I just like to do that sort of thing). I learned they they even offer free cosmetic services to the poor! Wow, I would get some "touch ups" if it were free!

Mrs. Jobson

As long as these groups continue to make $$ for WDW they will never address the problems associated with them.
About two years ago or so Disney did address these problems. It may not have been visible to the average guest but it has been addressed. They enlisted Cast Members who spoke their language to be in key areas to help out with crowd control,language barriers, and line jumpers. Especially at big ticket attractions. Disney also sent out letters to the various tour groups asking them to mind their p's and q's. I think I remember them even sending out video messages. It has been addressed weather they abide by the recomendations is a different story.

Small Note: Try driving a Safari truck full of a tour group chanting.:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom