Twister

JustInTime

I think a Twister ride would have been cool. Imagine punching the core and riding through rain, lightning, extreme wind, hail, and eventually coming face to face with a tornado. Of course I think that time has passed since the movie Twister is a little long in the tooth.

FWIW, I'm an NOAA storm spotter and chaser and I found the Twister attraction laughable at best.

The ride would have been amazing they they would have used Mission Space type technology.

bsiev1977

Original Poster
The ride would have been amazing they they would have used Mission Space type technology.
Or even a Star Tours style simulator ride would be better than what Twister is now. Like something where you are inside a storm chaser vehicle that has to dodge debris before getting sucked into an F5.

robbieports

Twister is good 1st time but even then the infamous cow wow, even if they just replace the wires it would improve the whole thing. Since getting rid of jaws though they need to keep some classics it would be like wdw getting rid of big thunder montain and space mountain imo.

Lexxweb

As much as I love Twister, I'd be totally cool if they replaced it with this:

It combines Twister, Earthquake and JAWS (in terms of effects/scenery/layout) it pulls from all 3. All they would need to do is list the attraction under Production Central instead of NY; the building is already a soundstage so it fits.
Given how small the building is, the fact that there's a rollercoaster all around it making it impossible to expand, and Universal's need for an attraction for non thrill seekers this would be perfect.

AswaySuller

Meh... It would only be a side step if they built that.... Maybe a small step up but nothing worth spending all the $$$ on and having another attraction closed...

It looks like a cross between twister and the first act of the back lot tour over at DHS.

It would be amazing to have something Ghostbusters back.... I would put my house on that not happening though... Nothing on the scale of that attraction building or bigger...

I would love to see a new attraction go in there but as you mention space is limited...

I like the fact that it try's to simulate movie making though... Hanging on to the roots of the park and not just a thrill with a movie tie I'm.... I'd be happy with an updated detailed "universal experience" maybe they could use that to show case upcoming movies with behind the scenes clips and props etc.... As long as it was regularly updated.... I used to love things like that as a kid and then would beg my parents to take me to see the movie I almost felt a part of... When I was a kid I begged my parents to take me to see Casper and the Flintstones because we had been on their "sets" and seen their props before the movie came out.....

Maybe combine that with some classic props and original interviews about Universal classics.... They could possibly have a "one mans dream" type video about Carl Laemmle?

However the above idea probably wouldn't have great repeat value and I think most people would rather have twister in there.....

Maybe they cold work on a fast and furious attraction going in there somehow... Not sure how that would work indoor with that space though.....

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Some sort of "NBC Universal Experience" is definitely needed in Florida. The one in Hollywood is a nice, little diversion with cool props and such from past and recent shows/films. However, I think it'd be better suited taking over Lucy vs. Twister - the Twister building is too big for something like that.

Lights, Camera, Action at USS looks fun. I would definitely love something like that at USF, although it's not exactly an attraction that's gonna pull in the big numbers around here. It's not fair that many of the international "studio" parks have something movie-making themed like that, heh (though it's nice that USF kept something like that in the form of Disaster).

When I was a kid and Twister was under construction, I thought it was gonna be some awesome thrill ride in a Jeep or something where you chase a tornado like in the movie. Imagine my surprise when I first got to experience it. :p But like I said earlier, I enjoy Twister and I'll be very sad to see it go. However, I definitely hope it goes before something like E.T. gets the boot...

bsiev1977

Original Poster
3 Etickets
2 Dtickets
2 New Shows including a massive nighttime spectacular
1 New Parade
2 Massive themed lands
Numerous new shops, stands, and kiosks
Multiple refurbishments and upgrades

And that's just what confirmed so to speak. lol
Can't see how anyone can complain about Uni, considering all that should be complete by the end of next year.

Disneyhead'71

Universal is aggressively expanding their resort offerings while taking care of some of the problem areas in the parks, USF in particular.

While the guys down the road are working on a massively expensive data mining/ vacation micromanagement program.

I can't wait for them to get Cabana Bay Beach Resort up and running.

twebber55

3 Etickets
2 Dtickets
2 New Shows including a massive nighttime spectacular
1 New Parade
2 Massive themed lands
Numerous new shops, stands, and kiosks
Multiple refurbishments and upgrades

And that's just what confirmed so to speak. lol
whats the D tickets

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom