Dumbo Double Dare

Katherine

Hey! So another question I'm hoping someone knows. I'm guessing they will be preregistering people at the WDW marathon for the DLR Half Weekend, does preregistering give you a discount? Has it in the past? Thanks for any help!

Texas84

Yep, the Marathon program says there will be early registration, just like last year. No discount noted.

Dumbo Double Dare
  • $280 by February 19, 2013
  • $300 between February 20 and April 16, 2013
  • $320 on or after April 17, 2013

Katherine

hmm... okay well maybe I'll take a little time to save my pennies if there's no discount. Thanks guys for the info!

Texas84

I registered at the runDisney booth on Saturday. What a fiasco. People cutting in line and laptops rebooting with Windows updates. But I'm in. Also got to see Jeff Galloway there.

Katherine

I registered at the runDisney booth on Saturday. What a fiasco. People cutting in line and laptops rebooting with Windows updates. But I'm in. Also got to see Jeff Galloway there.

I saw the line wrapping all the way around and decided to just wait. The expo is always too busy and a bit overwhelming, I just needed to get out of there.

LindsayLoves

Original Poster
I saw the line wrapping all the way around and decided to just wait. The expo is always too busy and a bit overwhelming, I just needed to get out of there.

I agree with you 100%, my brother asked me if I was going to sign up but waiting in a line that long for maybe some kind of run disney freebie was not enough incentive for me.

Mad Stitch

If you have a Disney Visa card, you can register for the Disneyland Half before it opens to the public. I received an email about it while at WDW.

Texas84

Did anyone stay onsite with the runner discount last time? Wondering what it was so I can budget. Saving the DVC for another trip. Thanks!

Katherine

@Texas84 I can't speak for the runDisney discount but in general the Disneyland hotels are going to be more expensive (even with a discount) then the hotels that are just off property.

LindsayLoves

Original Poster
I'm going to spoil myself this year. :)

I agree! If I am flying across the country for a race I think Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel are a must (not sure how my travel partner feels about that though...)

If you get any quotes on prices let us know, I am definitely keeping my eyes open for a better price than the Disneyland website is showing right now.

DisneyJoe

I agree! If I am flying across the country for a race I think Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel are a must (not sure how my travel partner feels about that though...)

If you get any quotes on prices let us know, I am definitely keeping my eyes open for a better price than the Disneyland website is showing right now.

Disney hasn't released resort rates yet for tour operators/agents; we expect to have them by the end of the month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom