Walls down - Fantasyland soft opening status

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I will be there 11/1-11/10 so I absolutely know your pain in regards to wanting some set information. That said, from everything I have read it seems like this is completely influx and will be changing on a day to day basis. I know we would all like a definate answer, but I just don't think there is a definate answer to be had. Your best bet is to just check the area, twitter, message boards, etc., on the days you are at MK and the days right before for trends. That's my plan.
That is absolutely the case, it always is with these openings. They often don't know themselves until the last minute if they are going to open, and things can also close very quickly.

I will be there 11/1-11/10 so I absolutely know your pain in regards to wanting some set information. That said, from everything I have read it seems like this is completely influx and will be changing on a day to day basis. I know we would all like a definate answer, but I just don't think there is a definate answer to be had. Your best bet is to just check the area, twitter, message boards, etc., on the days you are at MK and the days right before for trends. That's my plan.
I get what you are saying, but if the CM previews are booked solid for the entire week, there won't be room for regular guests to get in. I think at this time, my best shot is to either get in during the 1 night of Extra Magic Hours (if soft openings even happen during EMH), or get in on the MNSSHP, again, sounds like a long shot. There was 1 post that said I may have a shot on the 27th as well (our last day). Hope you have some more answers before your trip, and with a week out from mine, I'm sure I'll get a better idea before we head down, just frustrating to ride the roller coaster of emotions. :confused:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wouldn't be surprised for some days of sneak peeks and then a full closure again before the already scheduled previews. A bit of guest involved T and A.

GymLeaderPhil

Enchanted Tales with Belle is pretty much completed, spare a few tweaks and polishes.

Mermaid still has work being done to it (especially the queue - which is very immersive compared with DCA's version) and is still in test/adjust.

We're not going to see Be Our Guest or Gaston's operating until much closer to the announced soft-opening. I also don't think we will see a connection between Storybook and Mermaid until most of the building is intact and construction vehicle traffic finishes. So there may be a bit of a bottleneck in the area.

Enchanted Tales with Belle is pretty much completed, spare a few tweaks and polishes.

Mermaid still has work being done to it (especially the queue - which is very immersive compared with DCA's version) and is still in test/adjust.

We're not going to see Be Our Guest or Gaston's operating until much closer to the announced soft-opening. I also don't think we will see a connection between Storybook and Mermaid until most of the building is intact and construction vehicle traffic finishes. So there may be a bit of a bottleneck in the area.
Good info. Not as interested at seeing BOG as LM. My girls would love it.

EDIT: Will Enchanted Tales be open during CM previews? Or do CM previews include that area as well?

djkidkaz

Yes.

Gaston's Gastronormous Sweet Rolls: a (slightly stale) sweet roll.

Drinks, drinks, drinks!: (butterbeer) a bunch of crap we rebranded from Carsland.

So if they bring Cars Land over, what will they do to the drinks there? Either have clones at both parks and hope people don't notice or they'll have to come up with something different for Cars Land in Florida and leave the recipes from DCA at Gastons.

Weather_Lady

Today may be a good day to be hanging around the Fantasyland area. Just saying.

Sorry, no can do -- stuck at my desk in Rochester, New York.

It just so happens that me, DH and the kids will be touching down in Orlando before 10am tomorrow, however, to embark on the adventure we booked 10 months ago! How's the outlook for the next six days? ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I get what you are saying, but if the CM previews are booked solid for the entire week, there won't be room for regular guests to get in. I think at this time, my best shot is to either get in during the 1 night of Extra Magic Hours (if soft openings even happen during EMH), or get in on the MNSSHP, again, sounds like a long shot. There was 1 post that said I may have a shot on the 27th as well (our last day). Hope you have some more answers before your trip, and with a week out from mine, I'm sure I'll get a better idea before we head down, just frustrating to ride the roller coaster of emotions. :confused:

Understand... these schedules are based on what THEY need - not trying to include any guest expectations. Their primary purpose is to get the attraction tested and the staff trained. Everything works back from there. They do things like CM and AP previews as ways of 'perks' to those communities and are scheduled ahead of time. What time they are actually open beyond those schedules can vary day to day and will be based on what THEY need -- not trying to accommodate customers. You've said several times 'this would stink...' etc with regards to regular guests being turned away. That is really the wrong mindset and only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Even tho the CM previews are already set... sometimes you see them bringing in regular guests around those times if the CM load isn't enough or there is more time they want to run. Example.. let's say CM previews are 8am-12pm... you might find them running with regular guests from 12-2 that day if they determine they need more running time.

Historically.. they run most adhoc testing in the mornings through mid afternoon (think Banker hours..) because they often have lots of day shift full timers involved. They don't typically do soft-testing during off-beat hours unless there is a special need.

If you want to get in a soft-opening, your best bet normally is to check out the attraction a bit after opening and see what kind of CM presence they have floating around. If you are lucky, you might get them telling you their plans for the day.. but even if they say 'no testing today', there still could be. You just need to keep your ear to the ground (track twitter) and be around at the right time. Things can go all morning.. or they can go for just an hour or two.

You really need to approach this as a BONUS - if you get it, great. But don't EXPECT IT.

Once things get closer to opening, they may be running full time, but in the first two phases of testing typically, it is sporadic and changes frequently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom