What if the Expedition Everest car flew off the track?

rufio

Original Poster
Every single time I go on EE, I freak out at this part:

432096_3260459665790_770187128_n.jpg

My fiance made me ride in the front seat and it really freaked me out. So of course, I wondered, what if the car didn't stop? Would those tracks be strong enough to stop this car? Has anyone else ever wondered about this?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Given the number of safety systems that must be on a roller coaster, you would think that there is some sort of physical stop on the tracks that would prevent this if all the other systems failed.

jlevis

Love the front row of EE; you get a great view as you go over the first drop. Never gave the possibility of the car leaving the track there, or any where else, a thought.

rufio

Original Poster
Well according to the fatal roller coaster rides annual,there is a 1/500 chance of this happening,so if you happen to be on it when the car does come off it's rail just sing this song." come fly with me,come fly let's fly away."

hahahaha! This literally just made me laugh out loud! It's funny because I found out that the day of my Disney wedding is the day the Mayans said the world is supposed to end. I told my fiance that at least we'll be going out at the best place on earth!

real mad hatter

hahahaha! This literally just made me laugh out loud! It's funny because I found out that the day of my Disney wedding is the day the Mayans said the world is supposed to end. I told my fiance that at least we'll be going out at the best place on earth!
Well there you go,congratulations on your big Mayan wedding,:) As long as the Yeti is not your best man then everything will be fine.:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just like your Tower of Terror elevator can't fall through the bottom of the shaft, your Everest car can't shoot of the broken "track".

Plus of course, that isn't real track in the photo. It's a show prop.

Lee

Adventurer
Well according to the fatal roller coaster rides annual,there is a 1/500 chance of this happening,so if you happen to be on it when the car does come off it's rail just sing this song." come fly with me,come fly let's fly away."
Not sure where you get those odds.
Tha actual odds of dying in a coaster accident are 1/300,000,000. Actually less, if you are in good health when you get on.

disney1077

Every single time I go on EE, I freak out at this part:

432096_3260459665790_770187128_n.jpg

My fiance made me ride in the front seat and it really freaked me out. So of course, I wondered, what if the car didn't stop? Would those tracks be strong enough to stop this car? Has anyone else ever wondered about this?

My mom worries the same thing every time we ride EE. I always have to reassure it is not going to happen.

DisneyDebNJ

Whelp ..... there goes my trying to get the nerve up to ride EE in October!! :p

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Given the number of safety systems that must be on a roller coaster, you would think that there is some sort of physical stop on the tracks that would prevent this if all the other systems failed.

This. Independent braking systems with stand alone power sources. Never happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom