New FL Restrooms / Walkway

Tom

Beta Return
Will the HM show building be visible on this walkway?

No. There have a temporary retaining wall in place right now, because they're going to be building up the earth to create a new hill behind the new restrooms. It will have a waterfall that starts at the top and flows down into a pond, which will be recirculated by a new pump house sitting on the old pump house's foundation.

Between the hill and new trees and plantings, you will not see the HM show building.

Atomicmickey

No. There have a temporary retaining wall in place right now, because they're going to be building up the earth to create a new hill behind the new restrooms. It will have a waterfall that starts at the top and flows down into a pond, which will be recirculated by a new pump house sitting on the old pump house's foundation.

Between the hill and new trees and plantings, you will not see the HM show building.

Between this area and the new FL--I am so stoked for the addition of more trees, and more WATER features. This sounds all good to me.

It ain't an E ticket. But if you're going to do this sort of thing, sounds like
it's being done properly thus far to me.

Tom

Beta Return
Between this area and the new FL--I am so stoked for the addition of more trees, and more WATER features. This sounds all good to me.

It ain't an E ticket. But if you're going to do this sort of thing, sounds like
it's being done properly thus far to me.

Based on all the site plans I've seen, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with the end result of these projects. We may have lots hub trees, but they're bringing back much needed "kinetics" like waterfalls and rivers. Plus trees!

Communicore

Great, thanks for the reply! It's gonna be great! We're spared a wallpaper and/or murals!

dreamscometrue

Based on all the site plans I've seen, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with the end result of these projects. We may have lots hub trees, but they're bringing back much needed "kinetics" like waterfalls and rivers. Plus trees!

Thanks for this info. I'm really excited about this. I love water features anywhere (that's one reason I like AK so much), but it'll be nice to add some to MK, where they are very much needed (along with trees of course).

Tigger#1

What is the timeline on this project? We have a trip planned for the end of May and it doesn't look like it will be anywhere near done by then.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What is the timeline on this project? We have a trip planned for the end of May and it doesn't look like it will be anywhere near done by then.

Haven't heard a timeline but it definitely won't be done by the end of May. I would think sometime around the end of the year.

Timon

You do realize The Hub is also above the Utilidor, just like Fantasyland.

From the Castle to the corner of main street is just a straight tunnel about 18 feet wide including wall mounted pipes and concrete thickness. So the old huge trees at the hub were in real dirt next to the tunnel.

WED Purist

From the Castle to the corner of main street is just a straight tunnel about 18 feet wide including wall mounted pipes and concrete thickness. So the old huge trees at the hub were in real dirt next to the tunnel.

We can actually put trees on the tunnel, most of the ones planted south of Enchanted Tales with Belle are on the tunnel. It just takes a little more planning, and maintenance is harder. The fact that Bill Evans pulled of the Liberty tree still blows my mind though, that man had a gift.

Tom

Beta Return
We can actually put trees on the tunnel, most of the ones planted south of Enchanted Tales with Belle are on the tunnel. It just takes a little more planning, and maintenance is harder. The fact that Bill Evans pulled of the Liberty tree still blows my mind though, that man had a gift.

As long as there is a few feet of soil, that's all most trees need. The only ones that wouldn't work are the ones that send off a deep trunk-root.

MissM

Pics from Saturday evening:

mk-newpathway1a.jpg

mk-newpathway1b.jpg

jmuboy

Original Poster
If the area looks as good as the new RR in the Circus area, and if the HM is properly "rehidden" once final landscape is installed, then I will be happy.

Scuttle

Thanks. My Tangled crazed five year old will love that...

A Tangled Potty. Princess Potty? Funny.

Wait to you see how well themed the bathrooms are! They look awesome. The pavement plaza designs look great to. Think something like the hidden characters in the Grand Flo on the marble floors in the lobby. :animwink:The entire area looks like it's going to be an amazing addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom