How much do you usually tip Mousekeeping per day?

G00fyDad

$2 per person per day. But if you can, then tip more. It is a hard job and the Mousekeeping staff deserve it. We usually put a $10 bill in a Mousekeeping envelope each morning. Having the money already sorted in envelopes labeled for each day of the trip is really nice. That way I keep them in the safe and pull out one each morning and lay it on the table. Be sure to put the little blue folded card on top of the envelope so it is clear to them which money is theirs.

By the way, congrats on the wedding! :D

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Don't give the tip till the end! I gave a tip once at the beginning and the service was terrible after... and we gave more than 2 per person per day. Do it at the end based on how good they were. Generally, 2 $ per person, per day.

Upvote 0

gardenia

You may wonder why you get a different answer from each poster.

Housekeepers at WDW are not in a "tipped" position. Anyone who does not believe that, contact guest services and they'll tell you.

If you want to leave a tip for some reason, it's up to you. Leave whatever you want. There's no requirement.

Upvote 0

gators11

Don't give the tip till the end! I gave a tip once at the beginning and the service was terrible after... and we gave more than 2 per person per day. Do it at the end based on how good they were. Generally, 2 $ per person, per day.

That may not work because you may not have the same individual each day.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

I usually tip $4 a day for 3 people.
The one time I didn't tip by the day at POP and was going to wait until the end, I got a knock at the door from some man who didn't seem like a mousekeeper wanting to know if everything was okay with the room. Don't know if that was related or not.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

My tip is included in the room reservation!

Exactly.

$2 per person per day. But if you can, then tip more.

Sorry, but that's crazy. There are 5 of us. Granted, this time, we're staying DVC, so we don't get housekeeping, but normally, we'll stay 16 nights at a regular resort. You're saying I should tip them $160?

I don't think so.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

We are 2 adults and now leave $5 per day. We do not wait until the end of the week as there may be a different person each day or a switch during the week.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Where does tipping end? Should we tip the bus drivers every time they drop us off somewhere? How about the front desk every time we ask them a question?

I'm not trying to sound cheap, and believe me, I'm not. But these people DO get paid. They're not waitstaff who work just on tips. I think having to tip limo drivers 20% is ridiculous, but most companies add it in automatically.

Upvote 0

kucarachi

we used to give 25 dollars for a week in one envelope but now that we are in the vacation club...hate to say it but we don't tip. Just because we don't get our room cleaned but 1 time maybe 2 during the trip and have no idea if the person that actually cleaned it will get it...

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Exactly.

$2 per person per day. But if you can, then tip more.

Sorry, but that's crazy. There are 5 of us. Granted, this time, we're staying DVC, so we don't get housekeeping, but normally, we'll stay 16 nights at a regular resort. You're saying I should tip them $160?

I don't think so.

Thanks for calling me crazy. :rolleyes: But $2 per person per day is the norm. If you don't want to leave a tip, then don't. I think everyone here is fully aware that you don't believe in tipping Mousekeeping. We're not not vacationing together so I don't care. And if I were staying 16 nights with 5 people I would definitely tip the $160. As it is I only end up tipping somewhere around $90 to $120 anyway for our 9 day 8 night trips.

The main reason we tip is because I had a chance one time to get to talk to a Mousekeeper as we were leaving for the park in the morning. She was the sweetest thing in the world. Tipping was never brought up but I got a chance to see into the room she was getting ready to clean. Good God! Those people were pigs. Dirty underwear on the floor, food all over the place, etc... She said that it is sometimes like that for her. What a thankless job. I originally started talking to her because I was trying to inquire about a vacuum for our Space Bags. I ended up learning a lot from her. Tipping will always be something I do for any cleaning staff.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
We are 2 adults and now leave $5 per day. We do not wait until the end of the week as there may be a different person each day or a switch during the week.

Which is why you never know who will get your tip.

Are you tipping for the service you got yesterday? Or are you tipping for the service you are about to get?

Why tip before you get the service? Isn't the tip supposed to be to reward good service?

Say no to blind tipping!

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Where does tipping end? Should we tip the bus drivers every time they drop us off somewhere? How about the front desk every time we ask them a question?

I'm not trying to sound cheap, and believe me, I'm not. But these people DO get paid. They're not waitstaff who work just on tips. I think having to tip limo drivers 20% is ridiculous, but most companies add it in automatically.

I totally hear what you are saying and do agree that tipping has gotten out of hand.

With that said, there is something about "taking care" of the person coming into my personal area to clean and tidy. I just can't help but think that if I leave mousekeeping a few bucks everyday, my "house" will be in order when I return and my things won't be messed with. I know that sound a bit crazy but, it is the way my mind works.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Thanks for calling me crazy. :rolleyes: But $2 per person per day is the norm. If you don't want to leave a tip, then don't. I think everyone here is fully aware that you don't believe in tipping Mousekeeping. We're not not vacationing together so I don't care. And if I were staying 16 nights with 5 people I would definitely tip the $160. As it is I only end up tipping somewhere around $90 to $120 anyway for our 9 day 8 night trips.

Sorry, didn't mean to call you crazy. Just your idea.:animwink:

For the record, I DO tip Mousekeeping. I always leave $20 at the end of the trip.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Which is why you never know who will get your tip.

Are you tipping for the service you got yesterday? Or are you tipping for the service you are about to get?

Why tip before you get the service? Isn't the tip supposed to be to reward good service?

Say no to blind tipping!

LOL...I am tipping for a job that is going to be done...I know, I know...I elaborate a bit more in the previous post.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom