Big Top Removed?

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Just a heads up, I drove backstage today and noticed the red circus tent has had it's outer skin removed now... Not sure why they installed it only to remove it a few days later.... Test fit maybe? I don't know, but it was disconnected from the outer-perimeter of the tent and gathered at the top..

Straaaaannge.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just a heads up, I drove backstage today and noticed the red circus tent has had it's outer skin removed now... Not sure why they installed it only to remove it a few days later.... Test fit maybe? I don't know, but it was disconnected from the outer-perimeter of the tent and gathered at the top..

Straaaaannge.

Was it removed, or just bunched up at the top? If it's just bunched at the top maybe they pulled it back to install the side walls.

I don't think this would be related to the delayed opening since in the latest aerials you can see new construction walls blocking off that entire area so it doesn't look like they plan to open the tents in the first phase anyway.

Dan

WDW1974

A friend told me that word going 'round was that the top was 'severely' damaged upon installation (or attempted) and will have to be replaced.

~Living in a circus!~

Frances728

Thanks for posting!

Biff215

That's a shame. While it won't affect the March partial opening, they certainly don't need any other setbacks in that area. It would be nice to see Storybook Circus get completed soon as so much of it will be in the direct view of guests.

devoy1701

A friend told me that word going 'round was that the top was 'severely' damaged upon installation (or attempted) and will have to be replaced.

~Living in a circus!~

Just throw a strobe on it.

Or put a bird on it.

bahaha..

well I guess that's it for the Big Top. Tried once...failed...TDO's response: "oh well...we never got it opened so guests won't know the difference anyway."

mickey2008.1

why are they pushing to open half an attraction, being dumbo, one small coaster, and a train station? Seems pointless to me, who wants to walk around with a bunch of red walls and see all that construction. It ruins the experience. At least get that whole section done first and have walls on one side only, not a hallway of red. I want to see it too, but would rather wait than see it half a--ed.:shrug:

ToTBellHop

why are they pushing to open half an attraction, being dumbo, one small coaster, and a train station? Seems pointless to me, who wants to walk around with a bunch of red walls and see all that construction. It ruins the experience. At least get that whole section done first and have walls on one side only, not a hallway of red. I want to see it too, but would rather wait than see it half a--ed.:shrug:
Ever been to WDW during the week of Easter? People will be eager for anywhere to walk, even if it's surrounded by walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom