Disney reservation glitch

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
ooooh. i would be soooo mad! :fork:
Yeah. I would not wan to be working at the DRC this week. In the nearly 3 years that I have been a TA I have only once had to make the "I screwed up" call once. I would have rather slammed my junk in a car door than make that call. I can not imagine making 42,000 of those calls.

NYwdwfan

If you have your confirmation information and made payment (at least a deposit), wouldn't they be able to recreate the reservation?

Just checked and mine is there...incidentally it is 250 days until my next Disney vacation. :sohappy:

aladdin2007

Is the dining reservation system also having problems? I tried to make a reservation for Yak and Yeti for lunch this week and its booked. Does it usually book out for lunch just for two people?

sarajo

I think the system is still glitchy, as of late this afternoon. My TA made a package ressie this morning- that shows up when I call it up on the website, but if I try to make ADR's associated with my confirmation number (proof of dining plan) it shows that my reservation can't be confirmed and won't let me book-- AND we're 180 days out today, so I was hoping to get all the ADR's made... oh well! Guess I'll be trying again later :) I'm just glad the trip is booked... I can worry about dinner reservations later!

sarajo

Is the dining reservation system also having problems? I tried to make a reservation for Yak and Yeti for lunch this week and its booked. Does it usually book out for lunch just for two people?

On our last trip, we never could get ADRs for Yak and Yeti (tried for 3 months!), but on the day we were at AK, walked up and got a great seat. That might be your best option if you aren't ever able to secure an ADR.

aladdin2007

On our last trip, we never could get ADRs for Yak and Yeti (tried for 3 months!), but on the day we were at AK, walked up and got a great seat. That might be your best option if you aren't ever able to secure an ADR.

Thanks, will def give that a try if I cant get ADR in next day or so. :wave: It is practically the parks only sit down so I can see why it would be booked often.

RSoxNo1

There was definitely something going on this morning. I'm 180 days out today and couldn't link my room reservation with dining online. I had to call to get my reservations today.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
There was definitely something going on this morning. I'm 180 days out today and couldn't link my room reservation with dining online. I had to call to get my reservations today.
That seems to be pretty common. I have all but given up on 180 day out dining reservations online. The system always locks up and I just end up frustrated for an hour. As soon as the phones open up it goes smoothly.

TOTGuy

Thanks, will def give that a try if I cant get ADR in next day or so. :wave: It is practically the parks only sit down so I can see why it would be booked often.

Because Yak and Yeti is an operating participant they can decide how many tables to give Disney to put in the reservation system. Sometimes Operating Participants hold them back on purpose to hopefully attract walk-ins who are less likely to be on the dining plan.

WDW1974

Apparently, this was more than just a small 'glitch' ... the number being bandied about of false reservations is over 40,000. That's a lot of boo-boos ... from what I understand Disney's answer has been to turn guests away and send them to Guest Relations for $50 gift cards and free PhotoPass packages.

I don't find it entertaining ... but I was ROTFLMAO last night in the Twitverse watching old pal Merfie (who I agree with completely here) calling Ricky Brigante out for not covering stories like this or anything negative involving Disney (which of course guarantees that Ricky gets free trips and swag from the Celebration Place Social Media Cabal). Merfie nailed him and I give him props.

~Paris. Booked!!!~

asianway

Merfie has been ruthless the past 24 hours, but seeing Ricky called out in particular makes we want to go buy a dozen copies of a certain book.

wilkeliza

Apparently, this was more than just a small 'glitch' ... the number being bandied about of false reservations is over 40,000. That's a lot of boo-boos ... from what I understand Disney's answer has been to turn guests away and send them to Guest Relations for $50 gift cards and free PhotoPass packages.

I don't find it entertaining ... but I was ROTFLMAO last night in the Twitverse watching old pal Merfie (who I agree with completely here) calling Ricky Brigante out for not covering stories like this or anything negative involving Disney (which of course guarantees that Ricky gets free trips and swag from the Celebration Place Social Media Cabal). Merfie nailed him and I give him props.

What is so wrong if Ricky (and Lou from wdwradio for the most part) only want to cover positive stories from the parks? There are enough other blogs and websites full of all the negative so why do there need to be 2 more?

On topic I would hate to be one of the families. There were 3 table service reservations we made in our 8 day trip that had we been told Disney goofed we would have been very upset. However we do call a week before our vacation and ensure everything is indeed in the Disney system and write down all our confirmation numbers ahead of time. Not saying that I feel entitled to more but I don't think 50 dollars and a photopass package would have made me feel any better about the situation. If I got to the parks and discovered I had no table service options to eat at that night even though I booked in advance because Disney made a goof I would be pretty upset. I know the 50 dollars is generous because they really don't have to do anything other than say sorry our bad but in some cases (CRT or Contemporary Fireworks time) I would have a hard time just letting it go if that makes any sense.

Were most of the people turned away last minute bookings?

DisneyJoe

Question - when you speak of false reservations... entire trips? Or Dining? And what sort of time frame are we looking at for the data loss? Ressies made in the last 3 weeks, 3 months, other?

Knowing the time frame will help folks that MADE reservations durring the data loss window - all of them should CALL, and re-confirm any reservations against the working internal system.

They were not trips, they were ADR's, tours, recreation bookings made around Feb 26, per http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/03/05/disney-reservations-glitch-causes-erroneous-bookings/

I believe that was one of the days of them making a system change.

WDW1974

Merfie has been ruthless the past 24 hours, but seeing Ricky called out in particular makes we want to go buy a dozen copies of a certain book.

I don't want to buy his book (but if I see it and think it is quality, then I'll advise others to do the same) as everyone seems to think they can write these days. :rolleyes:

But I absolutely loved Merfie taking shots ... and landing them all. He spoke the truth and should be praised for it ... I just wish he weren't so angry!

~Coming Soon: A Spirited Look at Mental Health and the Disney Fan Community!~

WDW1974

What is so wrong if Ricky (and Lou from wdwradio for the most part) only want to cover positive stories from the parks? There are enough other blogs and websites full of all the negative so why do there need to be 2 more?

The problem as I've stated many times in many threads is that fans view these wannabe pseudo online celebs as being the same as them. And because of that, their followers tend to believe that if they say everything at WDW is MAGICal, then everything must be.

The issue is these folks are all feeding at the whoring trough of Disney Social Media. And Disney only pays to those who tend to ignore the bad and praise anything (even crap that doesn't deserve it).

It's very easy to tell folks they should stay at the GF or Poly when you aren't paying for it. It's very easy to ignore UNI or SW, when Disney is inviting you to parties and lavishing you with free rooms, food, booze, tickets, swag and chances to mingle with Imagineers, low level execs and C-List celebs.

I'm not saying Ricky or The Mongello or anyone should be negative ... but selectively choosing to only write news about WDW when it is a positive makes you a shill for the company and invalidates just about everything you say.

Those dudes know it, but they don't care ... they're at the front of the trough and are fed well. :wave:

~RIP: Robert B. Sherman~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom