Disney reservation glitch

WDW1974

Wow... it one post you managed to detail why most other disney / wdw fan websites get along together and this one sits alone on an island because of the attitudes here..

Really? 'Cause I see most other Disney sites either dying or simply turning into mindless cliques were people shut off their brains and engage in groupthink. ... I once thought this was one of the most closed minded sites and now I realize it's almost the only truly open one ... because people can and moan and talk about Disney without putting it on some pedestal.

It's funny... WDWMagic didn't report ANYTHING about the reservations glitch either.. I don't see you raking Steve over coals.... I guess you don't crap where you live, eh?

I don't know whether Steve opted to report it or not, but it still is here and being talked about and that's good enough for me.

Honestly, the problem here is that you feel that YOU are more important than Ricky, Lou, Kevin, etc... and you aren't getting any attention as a so called disney expert/lifelong fan/insider..

Get over yourself.

OK, so who are you pals with ... not Kevin ... because he and I actually know and respect each other ... so are you one of Lou's mindless minions ... or a Ricky fan? You are so beyond clueless it isn't even funny (btw, I didn't think your little childish PM a while ago was very funny either ... if the best you've got is obscenity, then usually you have nothing!)

As to attention, I'll take being known by executives (including the ex head of the entire company), Imagineers, animators and other industry folks over being known for having a Disney Lifestyle site.

WDW1974

So you have no personal knowledge at all if he presents anything even near a balanced view of Disney?? Who is discrediting themselves now?

The man tweeted that he chooses what he covers and he says he chooses NOT to cover anything negative.

That fact is from the man's mouth/keyboard and doesn't require me to listen to him whatsoever to know he isn't being balanced.

Think about it!

Cosmic Commando

And inability to act? What would you like me to do ... get Meg Crofton on the phone and suggest she keep folks like Lou Mongello, Tom What's His Face, Ricky Brigante, Jeff Lange and about 200 others out of the parks? Disney likes what these folks are doing ... whoring for the company.

Hey, I'd hardly call Tom What's His Face a for Disney. He is certainly not as bad as Lou, who will tell you how MAGICal Dino-Rama is.

~are we talking about the same guy?~

jakeman

I never complain about the liberal media. I don't think they're nearly liberal enough ... if they had been doing their jobs right, then a lot of what went down in the last decade might not have.
Before you use this as an opportunity to get this thread deleted by yet again violating the rules on political discussion, it was an analogy to illustrate how your comments about what websites should be covering mirror those who claim the media don't cover what is important either.

It was an illustration, nothing more.

Jake, you care or you wouldn't waste your time posting about it. I'd say you have an unhealthy obsession about something that is simply a concern of mine and a very small one in the fabric of my life.
Yet you spend 1-2 hours every night posting about it and attempt to weave it into every conversation you have here.

And inability to act? What would you like me to do ... get Meg Crofton on the phone and suggest she keep folks like Lou Mongello, Tom What's His Face, Ricky Brigante, Jeff Lange and about 200 others out of the parks? Disney likes what these folks are doing ... whoring for the company.
I stated quite clearly what actions you could take below.

Jake, anyone can challenge me on anything I post. That's what DISCUSSION boards are for. I have no desire to start a blog, anymore than I have to be on a podcast (and believe me, I know you'll say you won't, but I'd have all sorts of very important folks listening if I ever opted to tell some tales about what Disney doesn't want its fans and consumers to know).
So you have the ear of the company to influence change and you choose not to?

I'm not looking to do anything more than stimulate discussion, interest and thought. It's very simple.
So again, you really aren't interested in correcting the problem or making any sort of effort to provide a balance viewpoint in the same format that others are getting their misinformation?

And the only thing I really see from you is complaining about my complaining.
Who does that?

~I got nothin~
There it is. I actually do present an opinion and discussion that challenges you to act on your long winded diatribes about the evils of social media, and the only thing you can do ultimately is pigeonhole.

I don't see is as complaining about your complaining, I see it as a question as to why do you choose not to act on something that you clearly see as a problem?

The tools are available to more effectively present your case to the public than you are doing now, yet you choose not to use them. It's like you are holding a bucket of soapy water, standing in front of a dirty car and yelling that the people washing it are doing it wrong.

aladdin2007

Back on topic, the reservation system is still messed up as of this morning. You cant retrieve or cancel ADR'S, online anyway.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Back on topic, the reservation system is still messed up as of this morning. You cant retrieve or cancel ADR'S, online anyway.
It would not surprise me if that was just business as usual. The online dining system has been buggy since the day it launched.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's funny though, I've never had trouble with the mobile dining site.
For normal daily use it is fine. I use it myself when I am looking for day of, week before, etc reservations. However, it tends to go bonkers from about 6-8 AM which is when I and most others really need it to work.

Lee

Adventurer
So you have the ear of the company to influence change and you choose not to?
Here's the thing...while I have no doubt that '74 could get someone like Meg on the phone, I sincerely doubt he has the power (sorry, pal...) to influence the company to discontinue a practice that they like and approve of.
jakeman said:
So again, you really aren't interested in correcting the problem or making any sort of effort to provide a balance viewpoint in the same format that others are getting their misinformation?
No need to do it in the same format when his posts here are seen by as many people as almost blog you can point to.

jakeman

Here's the thing...while I have no doubt that '74 could get someone like Meg on the phone, I sincerely doubt he has the power (sorry, pal...) to influence the company to discontinue a practice that they like and approve of.

No need to do it in the same format when his posts here are seen by as many people as almost blog you can point to.
So the alternative is to make no effort at all and just grouse on the internet?

It seems that if someone were as passionate about a problem as '74 lets on then he or whoever is interested would want to seek any sort of action beyond posting on a website.

Why aren't these websites listed as gaining access they shouldn't have? Why aren't rebuttals posted on their websites and linked elsewhere to demonstrate their bias? Why aren't these concerns being address using other social media platforms with more market penetration (twitter, Facebook)? Why is absolutely nothing being done for a problem that occupies a majority of a person's complaints?

I am genuinely curious at the mindset that something can be talked about endless, interjected in to conversations that have nothing to do with the topic, and decried as the smothering of critical thought, but at the end of the day when someone says, "Do something/anything about it", the response is "meh..." :shrug:

disneyflush

What I wouldn't give to have dinner with both Lee and '74 to go over all things Disney related and pick their brains.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom