AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

RadioHead

+1. Zero interest in this movie.

I don't get this logic.

WHY in the hell must you be a fan of the theme in order to love the ride? Seriously? If the ride is incredible, an E-Ticket extravaganza, that is revolutionary and different than why should the theme of the movie collide with the enjoyment of the attraction.

Honestly, do you have to enjoy Aerosmith to enjoy the Rockin' Rolla Coaster? Do you have to enjoy POTC to enjoy the dark ride? The logic behind this is baffling.

Honestly, it sounds more like the fact that some people really hate the movie with a passion.

MickeyMind

should have known that by jumping to the last page of this thread there would have been arguments.. seriously if a thread on wdwmagic is longer than a couple of pages (unless its the picture of the day thread) that usually means its a thread full of arguments over he said she said, and people trying to outwit each other.. sigh

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
symbolism and messages are purely subjective. There are insane symbolism and messages in The Teletubbies if you're gonna go by that.

According to the wife of a well known planet saver, there are insane messages on my Judas Priest and maiden albums.

So Planet saving and mental messages seem to be linked at many levels.

menamechris

symbolism and messages are purely subjective. There are insane symbolism and messages in The Teletubbies if you're gonna go by that.

I have to agree with a previous poster. You are clearly upset with this decision. However, this has potential to be a global phenomenon - and it is at the AK. Even if you don't buy the connection between Avatar and conservation - why not be happy that maybe it will bring in guests to the AK who otherwise would not go - and they, in turn, may hear and learn that message. Even though this project may not be your cup of tea - why not try to find ways to be more positive about it?

stitchcastle

I don't get this logic.

WHY in the hell must you be a fan of the theme in order to love the ride? Seriously? If the ride is incredible, an E-Ticket extravaganza, that is revolutionary and different than why should the theme of the movie collide with the enjoyment of the attraction.

if that's the case then what makes Disney any different than your average run of the mill Six Flags?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
So, the Finding Nemo, Tough to be a Bug, and the Lion King, attractions have no place in DAK because they are based on movies about animals that talk (fictional).

But ancient civilizations wrote.. err… drew about visitors from another world and believed in that. That would run parallel to the occupants of the Himalayas believing in Yeti, no?

stitchcastle

I have to agree with a previous poster. You are clearly upset with this decision. However, this has potential to be a global phenomenon - and it is at the AK. Even if you don't buy the connection between Avatar and conservation - why not be happy that maybe it will bring in guests to the AK who otherwise would not go - and they, in turn, may hear and learn that message. Even though this project may not be your cup of tea - why not try to find ways to be more positive about it?

I'm a Disney nerd, that's like asking for a silver lining to the holocaust.

andre85

I don't get this logic.

Honestly, do you have to enjoy Aerosmith to enjoy the Rockin' Rolla Coaster? Do you have to enjoy POTC to enjoy the dark ride? The logic behind this is baffling.

Honestly, it sounds more like the fact that some people really hate the movie with a passion.

Exactly. I really detest Star Wars, but Star Tours (the old one) is one of my favorite rides.

RadioHead

how am I contradicting myself? Unicorns and Dragons have been a huge part of ancient western culture. They used to kill Narwhals and slice their horns off and parade them as Unicorn horns. Every culture has their own version of a large fire breathing reptile. You're assuming that I'm contradicting myself with no real grounds for it.

What you said;

yes because the people of the himalayas have belief systems devoted to the Yeti and to them its a real animal that has shaped their way of life. It's not the same as animals in a movie that are explicitly known to be made up.

Last I checked these animals were made up.....or maybe I'm wrong and there used to be Dragons back in the day...:lol:

JustInTime

how am I contradicting myself? Unicorns and Dragons have been a huge part of ancient western culture. They used to kill Narwhals and slice their horns off and parade them as Unicorn horns. Every culture has their own version of a large fire breathing reptile. You're assuming that I'm contradicting myself with no real grounds for it.

All you have to fall back on is this vague message of "conservation" and you try to attack anything I like just to prove a point that's flimsy to begin with.

You even start denying that Beastlie Kingdomme is a fit for the park, which mind you, it was part of the original plans. I even say "yeah sure, let's pretend that the aliens fit in with the theme of animal kingdom, that means Stitch works within the theme too right?" and yet there you are contradicting yourself saying "no! stitch has nothing to do with animal kingdom". Then neither does Avatar.
This statement is contradictory. Aliens work in the park for the same reasons unicorns work. In fact, Aliens have been a part of culture and myth as long as fantasy has. If you don't like it, don't go. But I assure you there are imagineers that have this covered and are way better at this then you. So let them do their jobs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom