Anyone else hate Captain EO?

celluloid

Take away the personal preference of theme and nature of the show to what it could of been before or replaced with and even then I find I don't care for it a whole lot.

It is a huge piece of Disney Theme Park History. I respect it in that sense but...

Because someone died should never be a reason that Disney makes a cheap change to bring back an old film to an attraction. It is kind of gross to glorify that.

The print quality itself is horrible. Not the 3D or effects for their time, they have their charm but really the 3D quality is horrible becuase the print is awful. Very blurry and faded.

As stated previously the lack of in theater effects, (even less than the attraction originally had when there was no 4D common term in theme park shows) is pretty sad.

Overall not Disney quality theme park attraction standards where at least if they sharpened those things up it could be a bit.

C&D

I saw it when it was out originally (and remembered it as being pretty good), when I went to see its encore appearance, didn't like it as much as I thought I remembered it.

majorrfb

This is an easy one!

Personally, I like EO. However, don't waste your time if you don't like EO, if you do, go see it again. I will!!!:hammer:

IXray

Saw it for the first time in Sept '10. It was OK. I'd see it again, however the wife and kids would rather get a root canal.

Slipknot

Hate is a strong word. Lets just say that I wasn't interested in the show long before HISTA replaced it. Only reason I've seen it since its return was to see what "new effects" they used... :rolleyes:

NewfieFan

Yes, hate is strong word... but I HATED it! My whole family thought it was the most bizarre thing they had ever seen.

The Duck

When Eo was in it's first run, I avoided it at all costs. I couldn't stand Michael Jackson then as I do now. Last February, I was at Epcot with a friend who shared the same dislike for Michael Jackson as I do and since neither of us had seen Eo the first time, we thought that we would give it a try. Five minutes into the film, my friend fell sound asleep (even with the noise) and I felt no emotion whatsoever. That said, I think that I can safely say that Captain Eo stinks on ice.

Lucky

HISTA is nowhere near as good as the 3Ds at MK, HS and AK, so at first I was glad to see it replaced. But Capt. EO is worse. And they should call the "pre-shows" what they are: "extremely long advertisements".

LowesChevy

I came out when I was a kid, so seeing it again last year was pretty sweet. Maybe it was that nostaligic feeling that came back after watching it.

No it is not the most technologically advanced show, but it was made in the 80s. Notably directed by Francis Ford Coppola and ex prod. by George Lucas.

Perhaps I enjoy it for the same reason I like to get out the old Nintendo or Super Nintendo now and again-sometimes you do not alway need all of the high tech advanced graphics to be entertained.

Scuttle

Well I read the first page and it's safe to say you either love it or hate. I haven't seen the show in over 15 years, but next time I go to WDW in September I'm doing it. I remember loving it, but that could be skewed because of nostalgic memories.

cblodg

I'm in the "hate it" group. I thought it was a bad show when I was kid and thought so even more when I saw it in December... and I didn't want to see it in December.

7thton

EO is terribly outdated. I saw it for the first time in September of 2010. The whole thing was just lame.

HISTA was much better, IMHO.

hansel1

whether you love it or not, the past few visits I've seen had larger crowds than the previous movie.

If you enjoy MJ prior to his flakeout, you will enjoy the show. If not then you won't.

Like, if a person doesn't like ELLEN they probably would be annoyed in her universe of energy. Or, if a person doesn't like aerosmith, they would be annoyed with all the music on their rock-n-rollercoaster.

Laura

Premium Member
Yes, hate is strong word... but I HATED it! My whole family thought it was the most bizarre thing they had ever seen.

That was my initial reaction when it came back. Then I was dragged on it multiple times over the past year and it's grown on me, simply because it's so ridiculous. It reminds me of that awful movie Spaceballs.

disneygirl1

I wouldn't exactly say hate. I will sya that I am glad I finally was about to experience the show, but I'm all for brining back Honey I Shrunk the Audience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom