Peter Pan

docdebbi

just want to add my opinion.........praying for an interactive queue.
we usually hit winnie the pooh late at night with our little guy (he's also a night owl) when there are NO lines. but it still takes us 20 minutes to get through the queue. he finds the interactive queue more fun than the ride itself. on peter pan however, standing in a long line with a 2 year old is torture! give us interactive queues and you'll hear no complaints from me about how long the line is. the kids are still having fun!

baanman

Love Pan as it is. Yes, there is some dust and we did notice a spider web or two. Interactive queue would be great. Although, just think what it could be if they had more robust AA figures.

Neverland

There is no way this is accurate. Pooh has to have a higher capacity than Pan. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but if I had to guess it would be something like Pan at 900-100 and Pooh at 1100-1200

I have the numbers. Pan is more than that and Pooh is hundreds less than that. Teacups often has higher numbers than Pooh. Pan is a continuous loader and has over twice as many ride vehicles as Pooh does. Even though Pooh's honeypots can seat two more guests than Pan's pirate ships, the fact that Pan has double the vehicles and loads much, much faster really boosts its numbers. The highest OHRCs in Fantasyland are Small World, Philhar, and, surprisingly, Pan. Pooh doesn't have a low OHRC (that would be Dumbo), but Pan's is higher.

AEfx

Consider us lucky at WDW: In DL, every boat has to come to a complete stop to be loaded: No escalator-type continuous loading mechanism in place. As a result, the lines are ALWAYS long, and there's no FP. Then again, PPF is one of the original attractions at both parks, and clearly remain a favorite of many, many park visitors on both coasts.

That's just how it is, here, as well. Difference is, at Disneyland, the ride is accessible.

I'm really hoping once FLE is done, then they'll go for a total rebuild. It hasn't happened yet because of capacity issues, but once the Mine train and Mermaid are open, Fantasyland would still be +1 if they took Pan down and really redid it.

Add new AA's, like Paris has, and fiber optics like Disneyland has, really spruce the whole place up - and take care of the load system while they are at it.

Spike-in-Berlin

Consider us lucky at WDW: In DL, every boat has to come to a complete stop to be loaded: No escalator-type continuous loading mechanism in place. As a result, the lines are ALWAYS long, and there's no FP. Then again, PPF is one of the original attractions at both parks, and clearly remain a favorite of many, many park visitors on both coasts.

And isn't the DL-version one of the original rides? One that is open since 1955? That's a long time.

RSoxNo1

I have the numbers. Pan is more than that and Pooh is hundreds less than that. Teacups often has higher numbers than Pooh. Pan is a continuous loader and has over twice as many ride vehicles as Pooh does. Even though Pooh's honeypots can seat two more guests than Pan's pirate ships, the fact that Pan has double the vehicles and loads much, much faster really boosts its numbers. The highest OHRCs in Fantasyland are Small World, Philhar, and, surprisingly, Pan. Pooh doesn't have a low OHRC (that would be Dumbo), but Pan's is higher.

I never would have expected that. Thanks for the info.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm all for some new character AA's and audio. When peter pan and captain hook are sword fighting on the ship, they should make new AA's and have them talk. All of the AAs should be replaced, the dolls I'm not sure what to do with. :dazzle:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

Glasgow

I find it very hard to believe that something isn't in the works for the ride itself. Seems like there would be a fairly drastic quality change between the beautiful new interactive queue and the ride so I would think they'd at least do a minor interior refurb, if nothing else but to maintain some consistency between the outside and inside.

I would expect to hear something right around when FLE opens

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I'm all for some new character AA's and audio. When peter pan and captain hook are sword fighting on the ship, they should make new AA's and have them talk. All of the AAs should be replaced, the dolls I'm not sure what to do with. :dazzle:

Ya it would be similar to the sword fighting aa's at POTC in Paris would be the highlight of the ride

Scuttle

The new interactive queue -- assuming the rumor is true -- is such a great idea. I haven't done Peter Pan's Flight without a FastPass since the system was introduced. I have such vivid memories of enduring the boring line of PPF as a kid. Never again!

I agree, but I really hope they keep the shields on the railing. I love those things and everytime I see them I think back to when they towered over me as a child.

EPCOTCenterLover

Peter Pan's Flight should be rebuilt from the ground up in a new location and turned into a stunning E ticket experience- at least on par with Ariel's new attraction. Then, Disney can increase capacity greatly. Later, they can reuse the old location for a new C ticket dark ride.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I agree, but I really hope they keep the shields on the railing. I love those things and everytime I see them I think back to when they towered over me as a child.

hmph, y'know I've never waited in line for Peter Pan without seeing at least one shield written in pencil/marker: Someone's name, or a doodle. Of course that's just me being bored waiting in line finding something to complain about. :animwink:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

Mimi

It at least needs a paint job! When I rode it in November I was so disappointed because we could barely see anything. I'm not asking for a complete refurb, which I would love to see, just touch up the paint to brighten it up a little.

Kirk88

Agreed! The ride is still great and some 'classics' need to remain that way. A spruce up is in order but, I hope they don't change the ride. I can see cleaining, new audio, possibly improving the overall technology (without replacing animitronics with video screens like Journey Into the Imagination @ EPCOT). Careful about adding characters.....I really don't want to see Jake and the Neverland Pirates show up in there! :eek: The interactive queue would be GREAT! I'm glad we had Fast Passes. Our kids would have gone nuts in that line. There's nothing but chains and B.O.! :ROFLOL:

GatorGuy

I agree, Peter Pan is a classic attraction but seems a bit outdated. Some simple solutions to improve this already popular ride would be giving the figures a new paintjob, adding special effects, and enchancing the audio.

Since they will be expanding the queue, I have been wondering if the exterior of the attraction will be transformed from that *cough* hideous medieval fair theme to the beautiful European Alps Village they have at DLP and DL. Considering that would interfere with the present queue, and the exterior was recently done, I highly doubt it, but fingers are crossed.

RSoxNo1

Peter Pan needs a drastic overhaul upon completion of the Fantasyland expansion. It's inexplicably the most popular attraction in Fantasyland and is in desperate need of a freshening up. It could easily be a solid D-Ticket attraction but given how much it shows it's age, it's barely a C-Ticket.

My biggest beef is how primitive everything is. Now certainly scenes like Flying over London can accomplish an impressive scene with primitive technology, but the scenes that are driven by animatronics fall very short.

Horizonsfan

I find it very hard to believe that something isn't in the works for the ride itself. Seems like there would be a fairly drastic quality change between the beautiful new interactive queue and the ride so I would think they'd at least do a minor interior refurb, if nothing else but to maintain some consistency between the outside and inside.

SPACE MOUNTAIN.

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom