Switching resorts

ArtieJim

My girlfriend and I are all booked up for our trip in December, have been for months and are paying for it in the installments that they allow. We're excited to get back there and are planning on staying at POR, now we're just waiting out the next two days before we can book our ADRs.

Up until today we were all set with everything until we started fooling around looking at other resorts. Now we're debating whether or not we actually want to stay at POR or switch to Caribbean Beach. I'm just wondering how easy it is to switch resorts when you've already booked. Turns out it's actually cheaper at CB than POR, but that doesn't really matter to us really.

Also, if anyone has stayed at both which do you prefer?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
If you decide to change resorts, you shouldn't have any trouble calling and switching. Its not the same thing as switching resorts, but I called a month ago to apply a new discount code to our reservation and they just applied the new code. It was very easy. I didn't have to cancel and rebook. I would assume that it would be as easy to change the resort.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It's very easy to do. Just call them up and ask them to change it. If the price comes out to be less, they'll refund you the difference (unless it's part of a package and you're in the no change window). If you end up owing them more, you'll just pay the balance by whatever the due date is (depending on if you have a package or room only).

Upvote 0

durangojim

I know I'm in the minority, but I really dislike PORS. The worst part was the buses and they were awful, during a slow period like the end of September. After waiting nearly an hour for a bus to MK we wound up getting a cab. I also did not care for the layout of the resort. I'd rather stay in Pop or the deluxes we frequent.

Upvote 0

tjkref418

My girlfriend and I are all booked up for our trip in December, have been for months and are paying for it in the installments that they allow. We're excited to get back there and are planning on staying at POR, now we're just waiting out the next two days before we can book our ADRs.

Up until today we were all set with everything until we started fooling around looking at other resorts. Now we're debating whether or not we actually want to stay at POR or switch to Caribbean Beach. I'm just wondering how easy it is to switch resorts when you've already booked. Turns out it's actually cheaper at CB than POR, but that doesn't really matter to us really.

Also, if anyone has stayed at both which do you prefer?

As others have said the switch should be pretty easy.

Personally, I prefer CBR, but in my mind it is pretty close.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

I just did it yesterday not a problem one, in fact she looked up to see if we had a pin code and we did. Saved us lots of money.. NOW waiting on FREE dining for Dec!!!! If that comes out we loose the room discount but ok with us dining is fr the better deal.

Upvote 0

ArtieJim

Original Poster
Thanks all, my girlfriend switched today while she was at work. Said it took her fifteen minutes over the phone. Ten on hold, five talking to someone. Womp womp, but she got it done. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom