Epic Mickey on Wii

loveofamouse

Original Poster
I know someone posted about the music but I want to say that THE GAME IS AWESOME!! I LOVE the way they mixed the old Disney stuff in. I love seeing all of the "forgotten" characters. They even mixed original Tron in with Tomorrow "City." (I wonder if that was a hint *wink wink* lol). I love how the game is placed in Magic Kingdom but with a dark twist. Every part of the game is somewhere in the park. Even the central hub is in it. The old B&W cartoons are all over the place. I'm not finished with the game, though. I just finished the "lonesome" mansion and the Mad Doctor. I'm heading up mickey junk mountain again. I'm having some difficulty with certain quests and they have gone undone for now. I still haven't figured out how to get back to the "fantasyland" area as I left alot of quests incomplete there as I was still figuring the game out. :/

To make it even better, I got the new Wii Glow controller and nunchuk. They look AWESOME. I was REALLY tempted to buy the new Tron Controllers, too. Those look sweet!:sohappy:

*can you tell I'm a complete nerd? lol*:p

DisneyMusician2

FANTASTIC musical score, and very inventive.

Gameplay is good, but I do think it can get bit repetitive. They could have been more creative with the quests and incorporated more stuff to unlock as you go along.

It's at least a game that is worthy after so many very weird Disney failures.

Now we just need to get the WDW Explorer back and we'd really have something going...

EPCOT.nut

I wish I were more skilled with the video games but I'm really not all that good with too many buttons, evidently. :dazzle: At least I can play EPIC Mickey pretty decently, and I don't mind dying and repeating scenes because it's just so creative. What a great game!

loveofamouse

Original Poster
same for me! lol normally, if a game requires use of both nunchuk and controller for more than just punching or whatever, I suck. I die ALOT in Epic Mickey. I also swear alot hahahaha

EPCOT.nut

same for me! lol normally, if a game requires use of both nunchuk and controller for more than just punching or whatever, I suck. I die ALOT in Epic Mickey. I also swear alot hahahaha

I die lots, too, but I don't care. I do get a little frustrated when I can't figure out what to do.....:eek:

EPCOT.nut

That;s what internet walkthroughs are for lol. I do google when I just cant figure out what is next and Ive died 18x

I'm too lazy to do research! LOL!! Isn't it enough that I know all the Disney abbreviations? (Geekyness doesn't help as much in the game as I would like.)

:lol:

britlightyear

Try as hard as I can and no matter what, I cannot beat Captain Hook! This game is too hard for kids under 8 (or "kids" under 28 for that matter! :ROFLOL:)

lilfritzy

I got mine for Christmas from the hubby. I also have died a lot I do get a little frustrated myself but I'm still enjoying it. Thanks for the tip about googleing walkthroughs I never thought to do that. With my Kindom Heart games I have the books so I use them as I'm going through the game it helps when I'm stuck on something.

loveofamouse

Original Poster
I bought it as a late christmas gift for myself.

To beat hook, I chose to free tink. I definitely tossed out alot of swear words for that one. I got TO tink several times but couldnt get her out before he killed me. The last time, I used a clock sketch so I could have time to spin several times to connect and get her out.

The PITA one was Mad Doctor and his machines. I about cried on that one. lol. DH was like turn off the stupid game lol but I perseverated and finally got it. The "lonesome" mansion was pretty easy but i didn't complete 100% of the extra quests. I assume that, once the game is beaten, I can go back and work on those.

jonnyc

What is the multiplayer like on this game? I only ever really play the Wii with my sister, and we are running out of Lego based games :lol:.

thelookingglass

As a tribute to Disney history and nostalgia, its awesome. It has great visuals, music, cutscenes, and a compelling story.

As a video game, though, its... mediocre at best, and at times, terrible. What could have been an incredibly innovative play technique - creating and erasing things in the environment, is actually more of an afterthought in this game. Instead, most of what you do involves running back and forth doing boring and repetitive "fetch quests", and the platforming (controlling Mickey in the actual levels) is hard because of the awkward, sluggish controls and camera movement.

Basically, this game was a huge letdown for gamers because it had so much potential. Its worth playing through if you love Disney (so obviously everyone here would enjoy it anyway), but if you don't play many modern video games, don't let this sour your opinion of them.

echovictor

I love the game and sadly have been sending my daughter off to bed early so I could play. :lol:

I admittedly know very little about Disney history so this may be a stupid question. Is there any significance of the date and time (March 25 2:00) displayed in the beginning video when Mickey goes through the mirror and causes the mayham?

loveofamouse

Original Poster
As a tribute to Disney history and nostalgia, its awesome. It has great visuals, music, cutscenes, and a compelling story.

As a video game, though, its... mediocre at best, and at times, terrible. What could have been an incredibly innovative play technique - creating and erasing things in the environment, is actually more of an afterthought in this game. Instead, most of what you do involves running back and forth doing boring and repetitive "fetch quests", and the platforming (controlling Mickey in the actual levels) is hard because of the awkward, sluggish controls and camera movement.

Basically, this game was a huge letdown for gamers because it had so much potential. Its worth playing through if you love Disney (so obviously everyone here would enjoy it anyway), but if you don't play many modern video games, don't let this sour your opinion of them.

I can totally see your point. I'm not a devote gamer but I have seen better games. Also, there have been several instances where I couldn't complete something simply because the stupid camera angle wouldn't allow me to see what I needed to see.

I love the game and sadly have been sending my daughter off to bed early so I could play. :lol:

I admittedly know very little about Disney history so this may be a stupid question. Is there any significance of the date and time (March 25 2:00) displayed in the beginning video when Mickey goes through the mirror and causes the mayham?

That's a good question. There has been several little "things" Ive noticed in the game that I wondered if they hinted at something.

ABigBrassBand

For your camera angle problems, if you need to aim at something just press 1 to see it properly...it is annoying, but it does have a fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom