Epic Mickey on Wii

loveofamouse

Original Poster
I BEAT THE GAME :D

Pressing 1 doesn't always work. Certain parts won't allow camera changes. Now that I've beaten it, I wonder if I can go back and finish quests. I never did find every single body part for Donald, Daisy, or Goofy

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, no offense, but that isn't saying much. Disney's video game titles have never really been all that good.

Well as they say "To each there own" But, yes there are some and then there are ones that worked...My favorite ones..

Toy Story Mania for Wii
Kingdom Hearts franchise
Hercules PsOne
Donald Duck Going Quackers for Dreamcast The gameplay is similar to Crash Bandicoot
Mickey Mania for Genesis or SNES
Ducktales for NES
and as I mentioned before WDW Quest Magical Racing Tour

loveofamouse

Original Poster
I have Toy Story Mania on Wii and it's a family fav. Grandparents and the kids can play on almost even ground. The 3D part is kinda crappy but the game is fun

loveofamouse

Original Poster
I love the game and sadly have been sending my daughter off to bed early so I could play. :lol:

I admittedly know very little about Disney history so this may be a stupid question. Is there any significance of the date and time (March 25 2:00) displayed in the beginning video when Mickey goes through the mirror and causes the mayham?

Also, I beat the game using primarily paint. When Mickey was sent back through the mirror, the date on his calendar was Nov 18th. I wonder if that signifies anything

MAF

I also love this game, I'm on the last "level" where you are in the Blot's stomach and have to free your heart. I will definately agree that the camera is HORRENDOUS and the controls sometimes make you want to throw them through your tv screen. The game definately became a lot easier and more enjoyable for me once I started using a walkthrough I found on the internet.

Oh and someone was wondering if you could go back to complete quests you didn't finish, well you can't. The game automaticaly saves and won't let you go back to finish unfinished quests. Before I found the walkthrough I missed so many things that I wish I could have done. Oh and I did the primarily paint route as well. Anyone doing the thinner route?

lisacraft

Banned
Epic Mickey is up there among the best gaming platform. Warren Spector and Junction Point has managed to create a game that is well balanced, well made and visually stunning. It's a game that should be in all meetings fan platform, or even on the set of each player.

Fashionista007

I just beat Epic Mickey a few days ago and I thought the story was awesome. Gameplay I thought could have benefited from a bit more work on the camera angles and general controls. Overall this is a great game and it has replay value - when you beat it you are able to start over again but with all of your reels and items (except for e-tickets). I would compare this to the Super Paper Mario franchise which is a favorite of mine :) My favorite Disney game is still Kingdom Hearts 2.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've been playing it for a few days now, I'm up to trying to reach Captain Hook and fighting the first pirate.

So far I'm very impressed with how much is involved and the uniquely Disney touches they have in the game (collecting E-tickets, and using the side scrolling parts which are themed to the original cartoons is very cool)

I agree the gameplay isn't the greatest, it's also very dark in some places where I practically have to increase my TV's brightness to see anything.

novawildcat18

This is a real big bump (last post was in February '11) but I just finally picked up this game and I am enjoying it thus far, even if it is a bit tedious. The one thing that I thought was great was the fact that on Mean Street, there was a guy named Jack Kelly selling you the news. Jack Kelly is the main character in Disney's Newsies and this game was developed before Newsies became as popular as it is now. Great insight by the developers!

brb1006

Concept art for the never made "Epic Donald" game has just been up on Ebay.
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/epic-donald-sequel-to-epic-mickey-series.62755/
s-l1600.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom