"Dirt Mountain"...gone!

RunnerEd

I WANT A NEW ARIEAL SHOT! AHHH! Will it hurry up?! LOL I miss them! LOL But everything seems to be going fast!

It does seem to be moving quickly but when they get the exterior done, it will seem to come to a halt as they begin interior work. I think with these projects and all of the eye candy on the outside, that effect won't be as bad as with a "normal" (non-magical) building.

jt04

Two more shots from yesterday.

picture.php

picture.php

I'm especially amazed that the mystery poject has still not even broken ground as there is a vast area between the Carosel and the BatB and LM areas. Surely that won't be left void until 2012 or 2013 or even 2014 :shrug:

I mean that might look cool for awile but they must have some kind of temporary filler in mind.

I am certain it would involve a tent :lol:

tirian

I'm especially amazed that the mystery poject has still not even broken ground as there is a vast area between the Carosel and the BatB and LM areas. Surely that won't be left void until 2012 or 2013 or even 2014 :shrug:

I mean that might look cool for awile but they must have some kind of temporary filler in mind.

I am certain it would involve a tent :lol:

Leaving that area for Phase II is starting to look pretty short-sighted. Right now, BATB and TLM sections will open, with massive construction areas in front all the new additions. :hammer:

jt04

Leaving that area for Phase II is starting to look pretty short-sighted. Right now, BATB and TLM sections will open, with massive construction areas in front all the new additions. :hammer:

Personally I would not mind that as these type projects qualify as E-Tickets in my book.

I more entertained by the process than the final result most of the time. :lol::lookaroun

cbconglom

This is all too exciting. But the picture cbconglom posted I still see some dirt mountain, albeit smaller.

Yeah I could tell the pic was kinda old but still newer than the last aerial pic from Scott keating. the guy posted it on his site on the fourth. I'm just hoping he will keep taking them

BriEcho3194

It does seem to be moving quickly but when they get the exterior done, it will seem to come to a halt as they begin interior work. I think with these projects and all of the eye candy on the outside, that effect won't be as bad as with a "normal" (non-magical) building.

So true! HAHAHA Once they finish the exteriors and do more on the inside it will look as if they had stopped working HAHAH But I think the new theme and name for Fantasyland will make it differ from other Fantasylands I hope!

Tom

Beta Return
Not to bump this thread, but I just thought I'd throw in a piece of useless construction knowledge here.

Dirt mountain disappeared because they used most of it to backfill around the new basement of BatB, since it's new concrete basement walls are done. They were applying the waterproofing last week, and then they placed all the dirt back around them.

The rest (or at least whatever else they took from the pile to date) was used to backfill the excavations from new storm sewers and utility piping in the areas just beyond the construction walls.

For those who say the mountain of earth was WAY more than they needed to fill in around BatB, I will add that when soil is excavated (dug up), it expands. And it compresses even more when used as backfill. They place it in lifts (a few feet at a time) and compact it using rollers. Depending on the type of soil, it can reduce in apparent volume by 50%.

Whatever is left will be used to re-grade the area and bring it all up to FL elevation. They may even need to import soil when it's all said and done.

jt04

Not to bump this thread, but I just thought I'd throw in a piece of useless construction knowledge here.

Dirt mountain disappeared because they used most of it to backfill around the new basement of BatB, since it's new concrete basement walls are done. They were applying the waterproofing last week, and then they placed all the dirt back around them.

The rest (or at least whatever else they took from the pile to date) was used to backfill the excavations from new storm sewers and utility piping in the areas just beyond the construction walls.

For those who say the mountain of earth was WAY more than they needed to fill in around BatB, I will add that when soil is excavated (dug up), it expands. And it compresses even more when used as backfill. They place it in lifts (a few feet at a time) and compact it using rollers. Depending on the type of soil, it can reduce in apparent volume by 50%.

Whatever is left will be used to re-grade the area and bring it all up to FL elevation. They may even need to import soil when it's all said and done.

I think some of it may have been used for grading also. The area is massive and you can't really appreciate that from the normal pics we have been getting. An aerial shot would really be nice at this point :lookaroun

NewfieFan

I think some of it may have been used for grading also. The area is massive and you can't really appreciate that from the normal pics we have been getting. An aerial shot would really be nice at this point :lookaroun

Sooooo, is it true... that a certain someone is not allowed to take aerial shots anymore!?!

jt04

Sooooo, is it true... that a certain someone is not allowed to take aerial shots anymore!?!

I suspect that is true due to someone complaining it was a safety issue. I doubt it is but it makes a good excuse for management to shut down aerial pictures. Notice they did not shut down the Fun Wheel at DCA which provides equally revealing views.

Mouse shenanigans. :brick::lol:

Atomicmickey

Seems like lots goes on here at WDW Magic behind the scenes, where did this info come from, that there can't be any aerial pictures any more?

And yeah, Juan hasn't been posting, but, you know, real life interferes with internet posting sometimes for some people, lol. I'd assume something like that rather than some sort of conspiracy. Not that I know anything at all . . . .

Captain Chaos

Considering the last one was over two months ago I am afraid that is the only possibility. :(

Could be, but how do we know the person who has been taking the ariel shots hasn't had some sort of personal issue and hasn't be ABLE to get photos taken??

There are many possibilities... Assuming makes, well, you know..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom