What I think...as of today...for now...

Skyway

Maybe I'm wrong, but could a conceptual painting of the Seven Dwarves Mine have been right under our noses this entire time?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cXDwJoIBmhU/TFDeBWqNHmI/AAAAAAAAEho/qk0-KUaqanw/s1600/302.JPG

Notice the rocky and wooded hill formation on the left. Although it does not scream "mine ride", the odd nature of this rocky hill in the painting taking up so much space seems more than just coincidence.

Clearly these murals are exaggerations of the FL project (the Mermaid mural shows a castle very similar to the actual show building, but sitting along an impossibly large, full-sized ocean)

Even if the mural does not depict the actual mine ride, I would imagine the look and feel of this rock formation will be similar.

SeaCastle

Maybe I'm wrong, but could a conceptual painting of the Seven Dwarves Mine have been right under our noses this entire time?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cXDwJoIBmhU/TFDeBWqNHmI/AAAAAAAAEho/qk0-KUaqanw/s1600/302.JPG

Notice the rocky and wooded hill formation on the left. Although it does not scream "mine ride", the odd nature of this rocky hill in the painting taking up so much space seems more than just coincidence.

Clearly these murals are exaggerations of the FL project (the Mermaid mural shows a castle very similar to the actual show building, but sitting along an impossibly large, full-sized ocean)

Even if the mural does not depict the actual mine ride, I would imagine the look and feel of this rock formation will be similar.

Interesting point, especially since Snow White's castle looks a bit like this...

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1145938414014602787yIzHow

However, that image is supposedly concept art for Beast's Castle and the Be Our Guest restaurant. The problem with that is that Beast's castle really looks something like this:

Image_Resize_Medium.asp

And even odder, the originally released concept art show's Beast Castle like this:
Beast%20Castle_thumb%5B4%5D.png

The concept art was not put up until May 2010, several months after the Snow White ride was supposedly green lit.

So it appears they put the wrong caption on the concept art, intentionally or unintentionally? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

ryno1982

No, that's pretty much a direct screen shot from Beauty and the Beast.

BrerFrog

I don't think so. Putting the mine in there would still leave a big gap between FLE East and FLE West. Besides, the restaurant is going under the castle.

BriEcho3194

I wonder when they are going to release the concept art for the new ride! LOL I wonder what it will look like from the outside. Other then knowing it's a mountian but maybe it would be a cross between Big Thunder and SWSA. That would be cool to see! lol Anything you can tell us Lee?! or Juan!? ANYBODY?! I'm dying to know! It's killing me! lol jks. :ROFLOL:

aladdin2007

I wonder when they are going to release the concept art for the new ride! LOL I wonder what it will look like from the outside. Other then knowing it's a mountian but maybe it would be a cross between Big Thunder and SWSA. That would be cool to see! lol Anything you can tell us Lee?! or Juan!? ANYBODY?! I'm dying to know! It's killing me! lol jks. :ROFLOL:

Word is some new information is going to come out this week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom