Frontierland Expansion Rumor

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I dont know about a frontierland expansion..i'm still having chills from the fantasyland expansion :lookaroun All they'll have is a new E-ticket ride and a whole new land for toy story meet and greets and cafes. :hurl:

Not to mention, isn't there already a rumor on an Adventureland expansion? I think they should just do one expansion at a time. :lol:

Krack

I dont know about a frontierland expansion..i'm still having chills from the fantasyland expansion :lookaroun All they'll have is a new E-ticket ride and a whole new land for toy story meet and greets and cafes. :hurl:

Not to mention, isn't there already a rumor on an Adventureland expansion? I think they should just do one expansion at a time. :lol:

It's a D Ticket.

floridabill

No more magic kingdom expansions!!!!

:fork: magic Kingdom will simply always be the most popular and fantasy land will be a good enough and big enough expansion to bring even more people in!!!! On the other hand what you have are 3 very cool but neglected parks!! epcot with various empty buildings and plenty of land for a country! the studious which needs a new land with a couple of rides! And my personal favorite Animal kingdom, which has the potential to be awesome....so put the money to those places no more to the magic kingdom!!!!:fork:

Krack

Yes, but the rumors are about re-purposing already existing infrastructure rather than expanding into a previously undeveloped area.

Delightful. Why build new attractions when you can just get rid of old ones instead? That'll give us all something to complain about for the next decade.

Next Big Thing

frontierlandexpansion_plots.png

From that image above, there are 3 possible expansion plots. The Blue area is the most easy to access. Then there is the red one (TSI), which if used could cause trouble with getting people to the island. Would they need to build a permanant bridge? If so, the Liberty Belle's route would most likely have to change. The Yellow plot is the biggest, but would be extremely inconvienient (and it's actually closer to LS/FL than it is to FrL). However, they could possibly create a walking path from FrL to get there and also train to tranport people back and forth.

newRoAroute.png

you'll notice in the image above that the ROA has been rerouted to fill in parts to connect it in with parts of TSI. I'm not gonna sit here and say it's the best option (or easiest to execute), but it would definitely make getting to the expanded area a helluva lot easier and would still leave the Yellow plot open for potential future expansion on LS or FL. I know that that's very far fetched and will likely never happen, just thought i'd throw that out there.

Image Source: exprcoofto

trr1

From that image above, there are 3 possible expansion plots. The Blue area is the most easy to access. Then there is the red one (TSI), which if used could cause trouble with getting people to the island. Would they need to build a permanant bridge? If so, the Liberty Belle's route would most likely have to change. The Yellow plot is the biggest, but would be extremely inconvienient (and it's actually closer to LS/FL than it is to FrL). However, they could possibly create a walking path from FrL to get there and also train to tranport people back and forth.

newRoAroute.png

you'll notice in the image above that the ROA has been rerouted to fill in parts to connect it in with parts of TSI. I'm not gonna sit here and say it's the best option (or easiest to execute), but it would definitely make getting to the expanded area a helluva lot easier and would still leave the Yellow plot open for potential future expansion on LS or FL. I know that that's very far fetched and will likely never happen, just thought i'd throw that out there.
where are the photos?

Krack

If they build in the blue, they could probably have at least one attraction on the north end where an elaborate extended queue crosses over the river into the forest (where they would have a ton of room to build and hide a show building).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So there is a possibility it could be an actual big expansion... with a ride? Maybe I'm just jaded, cuz I thought it was going to be really, really small, the way it was being talked about...
Possibility? Yes.

But so is Imagination 4.

FutureWorld1982

What about doing this (I Did all this just for fun, nothing serious, but I like the idea):

16ghaty.jpg

33xzuqs.jpg

The idea is very expansive, but we would gain more walking space...

Spike-in-Berlin

Er..of course its onyl rumors and I am very cautious about believing rumors but WHY Frontierland? If there is really some truth in this rumor I cannot fathom why they want to invest money in the land that, at the moment, is by far the one with the fewest faults and problems! Tomorrowland is much worse and Adventureland saw its last real expansion (i don't count this stupid and ill-placed carpet ride) in the seventies with PotC! If I would have to chose a land to be expanded, refurbished or changed, Frontierland would be my last choice.

jt04

Rainbow Cavern Trainride? Thunder Mesa? Maybe it's just a Woody & Jessie meet and greet.... I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out the "wannabe" rumors, and my nose is running on this one. Too much infrastructure would need to be moved for any real major expansion in that area of the park, and there is no good circulation route there as it is, let alone adding another D or E ticket to that area that is already a congested dead-end. The drainage canals are back there, along with a major part of the area that was designated as permanent preserve as part of the original 1965 agreement with Orange/Osceola counties for Reedy Creek, so any major ANYTHING would have to be within existing borders, and I don't see the Splash exit and train station being re-re-done.

I think I have an idea of what this could be but I'm afraid to say for fear of guessing correctly. But I do believe the rumor has merit.

newRoAroute.png

Is the area north of the blue outline (top picture) just outside the tracks possibly able to be used as an expansion pad? Because that is a big chunk of land.:D

I like the photoshopped diagram. Very very interesting concept and well done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom