What is up with Peter Pans Flight?!

wdwfan94

Original Poster
So, the facade for Peter Pans Flight has been under refurbishment for over two months. Does anyone know why it is taking so long? Is it possible that we are getting Disneylands facade?

SeaCastle

I'm not sure what they are working on, but keep in mind there could have been other issues they had to deal with, perhaps water damage, replacement parts for the facade, etc. Not to be pessimistic, but what they're working on is anyone's guess right now.

Rob562

I'm not sure what they are working on, but keep in mind there could have been other issues they had to deal with, perhaps water damage, replacement parts for the facade, etc. Not to be pessimistic, but what they're working on is anyone's guess right now.

If I recall, when the adjacent facade (by the bathrooms between Pan and CHH) was under refurb a year or two ago for what was just supposed to be a quick paint job, they found a lot of wood rot that required extensive work.

-Rob

HMF

Peter-Pan%27s-Flight-web.jpg

Please let it be!!!!!!:lookaroun

FutureWorld1982

I hope it will be something like that, but I'm sorry to tell you that the medieval tent are staying. I would LOVE to be wrong, but I've seen a bit what's under the tarps, and it's nothing exciting.

But, the thing that leaves me with a doubt is: What are they doing with...

THIS??????:

f09754.jpg

k2xn51.jpg

(MORE PICTURES OF MK ARE HERE)

This tower has been repainted just two or three months ago, and it looked GREAT!! Why spend again money on something that's already good???

Azerin

I wish they would spen this long working on the actual ride.

LOL, I agree >_< While I would love for them to change the tent facade to something better... the inside by far needs the most work :(

Both DLs and DLPs are much nicer:

Along with the much nicer facades:

Figment1986

As others have said: Disney has been working extensively on the facades around the park recently as it has been a long time since they completely removed the older facades on the attractions, restaurants, and shops and then rebuilt them with newer construction materials which can stand the time and Florida weather much better.

BrerFrog

Wow, was I right on that wild guess? :lol:

How long is the NexGen project supposed to take? Are we talking about not getting an overhauled Pan until 2012 or 2020?

I have got no idea, but I am sure Martin, Lee, Raven and others may have an approximate window for the project to be completed. Last thing I heard, if I remember correctly, they were using the old WoL building to test it.

Horizonsfan

I have got no idea, but I am sure Martin, Lee, Raven and others may have an approximate window for the project to be completed. Last thing I heard, if I remember correctly, they were using the old WoL building to test it.

Never heard that about WOL before, cool. Maybe they could kill two birds with one stone and refurb WOL with NexGen Cranium Command and Body Wars...:lookaroun

It's obvious that it will be a long process to get the NexGen project integrated into all (practicle) WDW attractions. However, will the project debut on certain attractions in the next 1-2 years, or are they going to try to have a bunch of attractions come online at once. If they are waiting on unveiling this for another 5-10 years, then it's ridiculous that Disney wouldn't go ahead and overhaul PP. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom