People Waiting at WDW for Harry Potter?!

NOLADisneyFan

Original Poster
I hope this is in the right area.

A friend of mine was at WDW today and said there were a lot of people waiting in line at one (or more) of WDW's parks to get in to see the Harry Potter rides and world.

Can anyone confirm this?

Talk about not knowing where WDW begins and Universal ends!

Johnny

lazyboy97o

There are a lot of people out there who, if they realize there is more than once Disney park, think that the Disney parks in Florida are Disneyworld [sic], Epcot, Universal Studios and Animal Kingdom.

hrcollectibles

They are probably the same people that thing that the Wizardig World of Harry Potter is a whole theme park. Some of the Local news stations here in Orlando were calling it the new Harry Potter Park and also encouraging people to sign up on their website to win tickets to the new Harry Potter park. Also one local station said that this new park could push attendance to the same level as Magical Kingdom :brick:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wouldn't be surprised. CBS News thought it was a Disney attraction:

wizardingworld_web.jpg

http://progresscityusa.com/2010/06/18/media-fail/

hazelrah

How maddening does this have to be to Universal? Spend years in development, untold dollars in construction, launch a massive ad campaign ... only to have people show up at the competition.

Universal has had problems from day one, defining themselves as a separate entity. Disney management can at least take a little comfort in this. It might help ease that nagging concern that in recent years, they haven't built anything that draws the kind of intense public interest that Potter land seems to inspire.

raven

How maddening does this have to be to Universal? Spend years in development, untold dollars in construction, launch a massive ad campaign ... only to have people show up at the competition.

Universal has had problems from day one, defining themselves as a separate entity. Disney management can at least take a little comfort in this. It might help ease that nagging concern that in recent years, they haven't built anything that draws the kind of intense public interest that Potter land seems to inspire.

That was expected when Universal decided to open a park in Orlando though. They took a pretty bold step and they're obviously still trying to pull attention away. But if the media keeps advertising it as a whole "new park" the guests are going to loose faith in these kinda of future announcements from Universal. Just saying the media isn't doing them any favors. :rolleyes:

RobGraves

im so sure they were very bothered by that while having a 16hour wait....

when was the last thing something Disney opened had a 16 hour wait? I think it was more Disney losing sleep and deciding who should be fired for failing to keep this project with Disney.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Im not one to call "photoshop" when I see an unbelievable picture, but come on... I would have had to seen this with my own eyes to believe that CBS would have run this. Nothing against danlb_2000 nor am I insinuating that you did this, but I just cant believe this one is legit.

EDIT: I do believe that people would show up at DHS and ask for Potter. Very plausible.

Duckberg

when was the last thing something Disney opened had a 16 hour wait? I think it was more Disney losing sleep and deciding who should be fired for failing to keep this project with Disney.

J.K. Rowling wanted a LOT of control & a LOT of $$$$ from DISNEY for Harry Potter & they said NO! Duckberg :rolleyes:

Kamikaze

The last time Disney opened something with a 16 hour wait was a week or so ago.
World of Color.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom