Questions about booking with a Pin Code

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I just received my very first pin code for the dates of our Honeymoon in September. (Whoo! :D)

We're looking to book our trip in the next 2 weeks and were really holding out for the Free Dining Promotion to be announced. The offer I was given the code for is 20% off Value, 30% off Moderate and 40% off Deluxe. Since I'm giddy with excitement at this point, I wanted to do some number crunching.

My question is, when I'm playing on WDW's website, how far do I have to go before I enter the Pin Code to see how much it will effect each resort? I don't want to have to actually BOOK the trip before I see what the savings would be for each resort.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks! :wave:

lilclerk

With a pin, you usually have to book over the phone or with a travel agent. I've only gotten a pin with an online booking link once unfortunately. Though with a % off, I suppose you could just go through the site and get the total then subtract off the % savings.

And hey, congrats! On the pin and honeymoon :lol:

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Thanks for the info, lilclerk. :wave:

I've been doing the number crunching the long way like you suggested waiting on a reply to this thread. It looks like the only way we'd get a better deal than free dining is if we booked a Deluxe Resort. (We want the dining plan regardless.) The only issue with that is, we'd still be spending more than I'd originally intended at POR.

Though, this pin code is amazing, especially if Free Dining doesn't pan out this year. Time to give KK my pin code and get some numbers working. We're really excited! :D

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

I rec'd the same pin code for September, called Disney and the lady quoted me a price. If you book with the pin code and the free dining does become available, you can switch promotions as long as it is before the 45 day mark of your arrival. I had her quote me another price with the free dining plan, but for just me and DH, it would be best to stick with the pin code since we're staying in a deluxe and upgraded to Magic Kingdom view.

Wishing you a magical honeymoon!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Just thought I would throw this out there.. I have looked up prices online and then booked with the free dining over the phone with a pin and it is cheaper when you call and book. I ran prices without dining or any type of discount.. just room and tickets then when I got the pin with the dining it was 200.00 cheaper to add free dining. (it should not have changed the price on tickets/room but it did) I am also holding out for free dining and kicking the crap out of myself for not booking bounceback in November!! Hope you have a great honeymoon!

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
I've got Richard of Kingdom Konsultants running some numbers for us. Maybe if we book within the next few weeks, free dining will be offered and we can see which is the better deal. Thanks for the heads up on everything!

Also, thanks for the well wishes everyone. DF hasn't been to WDW since 1997 and is looking forward to me showing him why I adore the place so much. What a great way to start off the rest of our lives together... :D

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Oh! By the way... After looking over the email with the Pin Code offer again, I do not see a 'book by' date before the offer expires. Is this normal?

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I've got Richard of Kingdom Konsultants running some numbers for us. Maybe if we book within the next few weeks, free dining will be offered and we can see which is the better deal. Thanks for the heads up on everything!

Also, thanks for the well wishes everyone. DF hasn't been to WDW since 1997 and is looking forward to me showing him why I adore the place so much. What a great way to start off the rest of our lives together... :D

You need to convert that boy asap so you can get your Figgies back! :lol:

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
You need to convert that boy asap so you can get your Figgies back! :lol:
I know, right!? Baby steps, though. I'm already bugging him daily and nightly about wedding/honeymoon details as it is. If I ask for my Figments back at this point, he might move out until September. :lol:

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

I think that needs to be in the vows: To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish Disney 'till death do us part :p

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I know, right!? Baby steps, though. I'm already bugging him daily and nightly about wedding/honeymoon details as it is. If I ask for my Figments back at this point, he might move out until September. :lol:

I think you need to launch a subliminal message campaign then. He won't even know you are brain washing him that way. :lookaroun :drevil:

Note: I, um, have no experience doing this whatsoever. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
I think you need to launch a subliminal message campaign then. He won't even know you are brain washing him that way. :lookaroun :drevil:

Note: I, um, have no experience doing this whatsoever. :lookaroun
Should I take a cue from Zach on Saved by the Bell and put the messages in a song that I can play over the intercom system at school? :drevil:

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

As far as i know, you can not use the pin code, which is % off rack room rate and free dining at same time. It is better to pay for dining and take % off room. We just booked for december and asked if free dining would be cheaper, and they said no way, and they evn quoted us with free dining for the same time.

Upvote 0

ShadyLady

PIN Code vs Free Dining

We booked 12/09 with a PIN code, Value Resort, tix & Deluxe Dining. 2 adults & 2 kids under 9. This past Friday, I called to modify our reservation with a code for VISA free dining & tix.

We did not have Park Hopper originally (dont have a clue how that happened), so we added that for 8 days of tix and still saved $30.

I just called the Disney Reservation line & the guy I talked to was very helpful and willing to run the numbers to try to find me the best deal.

Not sure how much the Park Hopper would have been when we arrived & realized we didnt have it on 4 tickets!

We had water park fun & more, but not park hopper.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We booked 12/09 with a PIN code, Value Resort, tix & Deluxe Dining. 2 adults & 2 kids under 9. This past Friday, I called to modify our reservation with a code for VISA free dining & tix.

We did not have Park Hopper originally (dont have a clue how that happened), so we added that for 8 days of tix and still saved $30.

I just called the Disney Reservation line & the guy I talked to was very helpful and willing to run the numbers to try to find me the best deal.

Not sure how much the Park Hopper would have been when we arrived & realized we didnt have it on 4 tickets!

We had water park fun & more, but not park hopper.

The hopper option is a flat rate per ticket regardless how many days you have. $55.26 whether adult or child. So it would cost you an extra $121.04 to add it to your four tickets once you arrived or at any point while you were there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom