Should Pinocchio get more love in Fantasyland?

mharrington

Yes... Hmm, do you happen to be "Big Disney Fan" from the Visions Fantastic forums? I know he did a lot of that. Very talented fellow.

Yes. Yes, I am.

Now, about the whole Tokyo think I agree. I think it should also have full 3D everything. NO MORE painted stuff on wood. It should be in 3D IMO. This goes for all FYL attractions. They should all get a refurb making it get a 3D upgrade.

Yes, they should. It's just too bad that the people in charge of WDW are notorious for putting the almighty dollar in front of everything else.

DisneyParksFan1

Yes. Yes, I am.

Yes, they should. It's just too bad that the people in charge of WDW are notorious for putting the almighty dollar in front of everything else.

Oh well hello there! Haha

Yes I agree, they have to put money first. If only they could go back to the times when they put the quality first:cry:

EPCOT Explorer

Go look at that concept art again and tell me WDW is getting the shaft! :lol: And this is a D64 issue? :ROFLOL:

oh my! :lol:
I meant on that issue....Don't mislabel me.:wave::lol: Fantasyland is going to be fantastic.

The D64 refference was a joke....chill!:p:lol:

Not getting Pinocchio is a blessing, not the shaft.

If they cloned Pinocchio this site would implode with the compliants.
There goes you over estimating the small, vocal, minority.

On the contrary, I think that populous would be pleased. :) I would be.

mikeb_86

I agre Pinocchio should get a ride. But that might not happen or alot of backstage will have to be moved if it was to happen. But i love to see it happen but not as a clone of DL!!!

EPCOT Explorer

*Looks at average ratings per age group in Unofficial Guides to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris*

:lookaroun

Uhhhh, I think Jake may have a point.
Key word, unofficial. :lookaroun:lol: And if it were tagged into something like the CURRENT FL Expansion, it would pacify those that think it's just a bunch of Meet and Greets.:shrug:

The Empress Lilly

I really like Pinocchio.

A beautiful movie, instantly recognisable characters, great timeless storytelling in there, a true Disney classic. And what is more Disney than Jiminy Cricket and 'when you wish upon a star'?

I know only the Pinocchio ride in Paris. A good, solid darkride, but not a Peter Pan.

Whether WDW needs more Pinocchio - I can live without it, I am also always excited about anything Pincocchio.

_Scar

I really like Pinocchio.

A beautiful movie, instantly recognisable characters, great timeless storytelling in there, a true Disney classic. And what is more Disney than Jiminy Cricket and 'when you wish upon a star'?

I know only the Pinocchio ride in Paris. A good, solid darkride, but not a Peter Pan.

Whether WDW needs more Pinocchio - I can live without it, I am also always excited about anything Pincocchio.

Disney doesn't own the rights to that song... :lol: So, anything Disney is more Disney than that :p

What about the other European classic Disney movie that wasn't a flop?

101 Dalmations!

Pumbaa

Disney doesn't own the rights to that song... :lol: So, anything Disney is more Disney than that :p

What about the other European classic Disney movie that wasn't a flop?

101 Dalmations!

It's a travesty that considering all the attractions we have in Disney Parks worldwide based on Disney's Animated films, one of its greatest treasures, 101 Dalmatians has been featured so little. I would love to see a great attraction based on it one day.

DisneyParksFan1

It's a travesty that considering all the attractions we have in Disney Parks worldwide based on Disney's Animated films, one of its greatest treasures, 101 Dalmatians has been featured so little. I would love to see a great attraction based on it one day.

Now that I think about it, it would be interesting to see 101 Dalmations have a nice attraction for themselves. Of course, i'd rather they do a Pinocchio ride.

TP2000

Pinnochio's Daring Journey is remarkably similar, and to the average person identical, in all three of the parks that it's in; Tokyo 1982, Anaheim 1983, Paris 1992.

I won't try and use Tokyo as an example, as everything in Tokyo has a line. :lol:

But it's a fairly popular dark ride in Anaheim. From my experience at Disneyland lately, Pinnochio has a longer line than Snow White, and about as long as Mr. Toad. But Pinnochio doesn't have as long of a line as Peter Pan's Flight or Alice In Wonderland.

I think Pinnochio gets its relative popularity from a decent ride length and some nifty special effects, even if Pinnochio isn't the hippest and hottest property in the Disney empire.

For fun, here are the ride times of the Disneyland Resort and WDW Resort Fantasyland/Toontown dark rides;

Disneyland
Alice In Wonderland 3:40 minutes
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin 3:35 minutes
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh 3:20 minutes
Pinnochio's Daring Journey 2:55 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight 2:15 minutes
Snow White's Scary Adventures 2:15 minutes
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride 2:10 minutes

WDW
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh 3:00 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight 2:50 minutes
Snow White's Scary Adventures 2:40 minutes

And for those keeping score at home, the Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley To The Rescue Fantasyland-esque dark ride in Anaheim has a rather long ride time of 3:50 minutes.

jakeman

There goes you over estimating the small, vocal, minority.

On the contrary, I think that populous would be pleased. :) I would be.
No, it wouldn't be the small, vocal, minority. It would be many, many people, me included.

The ride is bad. I've had first hand experience with it. It is substandard in almost every area.

*Looks at average ratings per age group in Unofficial Guides to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris*

:lookaroun

Uhhhh, I think Jake may have a point.
Yep. It is my personal opinion, but it seems to be one shared by many.

Key word, unofficial. :lookaroun:lol: And if it were tagged into something like the CURRENT FL Expansion, it would pacify those that think it's just a bunch of Meet and Greets.:shrug:
I disagree. It would be held up as a pinnacle of cost-cutting and cheapness. "They spent too much money on X. They should have spent it on Pinocchio" would be the complaint.

A Pinocchio dark ride would be great. A clone of what is out there would not.

mharrington

For fun, here are the ride times of the Disneyland Resort and WDW Resort Fantasyland/Toontown dark rides;

Disneyland
Alice In Wonderland 3:40 minutes
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin 3:35 minutes
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh 3:20 minutes
Pinocchio's Daring Journey 2:55 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight 2:15 minutes
Snow White's Scary Adventures 2:15 minutes
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride 2:10 minutes

WDW
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh 3:00 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight 2:50 minutes
Snow White's Scary Adventures 2:40 minutes

While we're at it, why don't we add the ride times in the overseas parks, too:

Tokyo Disneyland
Pooh's Hunny Hunt: 4:00 minutes
Pinocchio's Daring Journey: 2:47 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight: 2:30 minutes
Snow White's Adventures: 2:30 minutes
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: 3:35 minutes

Disneyland Paris
Les Voyages de Pinocchio: 2:00 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight: 3:00 minutes
Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains: 2:00 minutes

Hong Kong Disneyland
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 4:00 minutes

Anyway, getting back to WDW and Pinocchio, I honestly think that a Pinocchio ride needs to come to WDW. As I said before, it doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the ride in Disneyland, it could be better than that, like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, except with Pinocchio.

EPCOT Explorer

No, it wouldn't be the small, vocal, minority. It would be many, many people, me included.

The ride is bad. I've had first hand experience with it. It is substandard in almost every area.

Yep. It is my personal opinion, but it seems to be one shared by many.

I disagree. It would be held up as a pinnacle of cost-cutting and cheapness. "They spent too much money on X. They should have spent it on Pinocchio" would be the complaint.

A Pinocchio dark ride would be great. A clone of what is out there would not.
Wow! Talk about role reversal. :lol:

If it were brought here, I'm sure it would be brought up to standard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom