Alien Encounter??

bellablue450

Original Poster
Hiya! I was browsing through some old Alien Encounter concept art :(, and it got me thinking, how in the world did they create the illusion of the main teleportation glass breaking over and over again????:confused:

Rob562

It was a clear tube twice as tall as what is visible. When it was in the start position, the solid part of the tube was visible, with an identical stretch of "broken" tube up in the ceiling.

Once the alien "smashed" the tube (which was simulated with air and water spray just as the lights went out), in the darkness the tube slid downward, moving the "broken" part of the tube into view, and the solid part of the tube down into the basement. When the lights came up, voila, you have a smashed tube. Because you didn't see the switch, your mind just assumes it's the same tube and it's been smashed.

In many of the effects in Disney, the simplest explanation is usually the reality. :)

-Rob

bellablue450

Original Poster
Hey thx Rob! And wow your right that is pretty simple. I never got a chance to ride it :mad:, but i had seen clips of the effect and thought it was magic, perhaps pixie dust.:rolleyes:

KerrriK85

talk or not, im not sure, but would be funny

dunno how true it is, but a cm told me they used to have cms sit in on the show and release their seats so they can walk away when the alien was eating people

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom