Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Here is where I think the "FL makeover is very narrowly targeted" argument fails. Fantasyland is not losing any attractions and nobody made the complaint before. The original FL will still be there. I really believe that this is the only complaint the doomers could come up with. An extremely weak argument. Extremely weak.

:snore:

It will be the World Showcase model in many respects. Very awesome! :)
Ohh dear, at the risk of giving your inane ramblings the attention you crave, I again notice that you use your usual style of twisting and ignoring what actually been raised, so you can wear your Ubber Loyal Disneyite badge with pride.

But lets stick with the facts:

1. Whats been debated is the new area to be added, sort of confirmed in the title of the thread by the use of the word expansion.

2. The criticisms, when on topic and ignoring other parks etc, have been related to the nature of the new additions.

3. Even in your own normal talking bollocks posts you have stated that the new area is aimed at younger guests, and you have been at pains to explain why this is wonderful and the Disney way

4. I could ride all the existing attractions in Fantasyland if I choose, they are by and large dark rides of one form or another, the new area, is generally supped up meet n greets, even fan boys cant honestly count that sort of experience the same as Snow White, Pooh or IASW. Who am I kidding, you’ll say any sort of pish to justify talking mince.

5, There must have been a recruitment campaign for the Doom army, given the number of posts expressing the same theme, but how do you react, oh much the same as usual by making derogatory comments like the one above. As I said in the posts that got deleted, seems some folk dont like being confronted by the truth, the people who have expressed some sort of disappointment have clearly expressed it as an opinion of the plan as presented, it seems its the fan boys who have to resort to abuse of posters to deflect from the issues raised.

can%27t+handle+the+truth.jpg

Alternative to smiley inserted above. titter titter

Atomicmickey

It would require a lot of humanoid animatronics. Disney hasn't made an attraction with such in a very long time.

Well, you do raise a good point with me, there. Can never have enough Animatronics. And there has been a tendency to design attractions these days without 'em. That having been said, I know friends that came back from Disney World saying they were sick of the "moving dioramas" and really enjoyed some of the more electronic/next gen type rides.

I wish there were, for instance, more animatronics in Toy Story Midway Mania. I can't shake the feeling that I'm riding in a car past some video games. The attraction is FUN, I have to admit, but I wished there were animatronics. So maybe it's me--I didn't see many other people complaining about that (and I'm not complaining, really).

I like animatronics, I like miniatures, and it is true that there is less of that these days. Little Mermaid looks to be a big one of those, so yay!

RadioHead

4. I could ride all the existing attractions in Fantasyland if I choose, they are by and large dark rides of one form or another, the new area, is generally supped up meet n greets, even fan boys cant honestly count that sort of experience the same as Snow White, Pooh or IASW. Who am I kidding, you?ll say any sort of pish to justify talking mince.

No offence but I think if they do the meet and greets to the degree that the concept are shows, than yes it very may well be better than a dark ride. I can just imagine entering the Pixie Hollow late at night, with the stars up about. I see lavish green palm trees, I see sparkling lights everywhere, I see lanterns, and hear various tunes. I'm acutally in Pixie Hollow, very different than a simple tent, and much more larger than a 2-3 minute speedy dark ride. I'd much rather enter Auroras cottage with the lavish green gardens, and enter inside and make her a birthday card and interact with her (not me, but my daughter). It's VERY different than what a simple dark ride can do. My children generally don't like dark rides. It may be because really it's a dark enviorment that is generally to fast for them to notice anything, or understand any story. But when there with Mickey, or Minnie....it's like they entered in Heaven.

Remember the reason why Walt Disney built DisneyLand was when he went to the local fair, and having nothing that his daughter could ride. This will be something special to my daughter, something VERY special...A supped up Meet and Greet maybe nothing for you, but just wait in the next 5-10 years and you have a daughter/son of your own........

SirGoofy

Remember the reason why Walt Disney built DisneyLand was when he went to the local fair, and having nothing that his daughter could ride.

Actually, it's the other way around. He would take his daughters to the park, and there was a carousel that only they could ride, and he saw all the parents sitting there waiting.

He wanted a place where they could all ride and have fun together.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No offence

Meet and Greet maybe nothing for you, but just wait in the next 5-10 years and you have a daughter/son of your own........

But dont presume...............................................

I can guess that when your daughter/son reaches the ages of mine you wll bebetter placed to comment on their expectations.

EPCOT Explorer

And on the 3rd day that the expansion was still a hot topic, the negativity arrived...:lookaroun

Whaaa?

No he's not. Fitzgerald had nothing to do with SSC as far as I know.
I would think not...

So is new Fantasyland just a bunch of really detailed meet n' greets for little girls?
No, it's a experience. Think of it as a WS for MK.

Who suggested dreamlights for the new FL environments? Not me. I'd like to see them extend from the castle down Main Street USA. That would work. But the area outside the castle walls should receive an entirely different lighting design that evokes olde world holiday magic. The new Jim Carrey Scrooge movie should have an example of what I'd imagine they would do for those areas. The new FL lighting should be be amazing. Especially during MVMCP.

By the way Goof, Liberty Square is lit up quite well with electric lights if you need to see how an era that didn't have electricity can still be themed with it. And I love how the jungle cruise looks at night. That is another example. Perhaps you have seen it. :lol:
Yeah, that would be me!:wave:

Honestly, if you are worried about brightness, they can be toned down...they ARE LED.
Why does it not surprise me that she finds something wrong with this? She didn't think it was coming, now she doesn't like it.

Some people are never happy and happy that they aren't.
Heh.
I`m sure the plan will allow for further northern expansion, even if takes another 40 years. The area north of the cast access road to the railroad is undeveloped though; despite being classified for expansion it would need a lot of heavy engineering, like 1969, to use it as a park area.
MK at 80. Interesting though. Hope it's sooner...but honestly, Fireworks? The launch site must be WAY farther than I think it is...
I'll admit the Alice ride would be an incredible addition. I loved Mr. Toad, but putting him back at this point would just be looking backward. If you were going to go through that much effort, put something brand new in.

My point is that you still need the meet-and-greets for kids, and I understand that. I just hope that they are different and unique, something even adults could get excited about seeing in the parks.

I suppose only time will tell to see how this is executed.

But I think this is a step in the right direction, and I welcome it.
Well said...
If Carsland comes, apparently it will be without Radiator Springs Racers, which makes it a waste to bring it here.
As Steve said, that would make no sense...Isn't that ride essentially the land?
In my opinion, I would love to see more atttractions built, less meet and greets, and more unique theming and landscaping....

20'0000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA PLEASE DISNEY!!!!!!!?????
Like we have said...WS for MK. This is a experience. You explore it, you walk around it. You enjoy it. :D

And it's always good to see another passionate 20K fan. ;)
You do realize if they did a new 20K ride that it would probably be based on that remake/prequel thing, right?

Besides, bigger priority is the second coming of Dreamfinder.
Not in TDS...

And love how refereed to DF as a second coming.:lol:
Wait, who says there's no other planned attractions with the phase 2? I'm pretty much sure there will be some TYPE of attraction in Pixie Hollow, wether it'll be a dark ride, or show....Next I'm pretty sure with the phase 2 in Dumbo that another attraction will be constructed down the road, perhaps Casey???

Finnaly I believe that in the next 10 years that there will be a BATB dark ride....
That's the plan...Hopefully it uses that tech that showed a interactive Tink.

_Scar

But dont presume...............................................

I can guess that when your daughter/son reaches the ages of mine you wll bebetter placed to comment on their expectations.

All the meet and greets are unique. It seems like the fairies clean up the house when you are in it, Cinderella gets nice decor and we see her transform right before your eyes, you get a souped up storytime with Belle, Belle's provincial town with Gaston, Ariel gets an E-ticket, we may be getting an e-ticket of restaurants (I can't wait to see the West Wing, I too am a 17 year old male), Dumbo with no queue.... ect.

All of these things I'm interested in. I'm a fairly young male and I can't wait to see how this stuff gets pulled off. You can't deny they will use state of the art effects to make a great show. I also have a couple of neices who would love this when it is over and they'll be 4.

EpcotServo

I don't think anyone is being negative towards this...Being "Ennnnnhhhhhh..." about it isn't necessarily negative.

Plus Star Tours is where it's at.
:D

Animaniac93-98

Oh how a Mary Poppins ride would be wonderful, and long overdue since she was supposed to be there at opening day!! But it doesn't matter how well the movie and it's soundtrack (never gone OOP in 45 years) have done over time. She can't push the kind of merch the princesses or add capacity for an existing ride so she doesn't belong.

As for the boy related elements added to the proposals it seems odd nobody thought up the no brainier Prince Phillip approach to knight training, especially since merch for him waw sold to boys during the last re-release for his respective movie.

SirGoofy

As for the boy related elements added to the proposals it seems odd nobody thought up the no brainier Prince Phillip approach to knight training, especially since merch for him waw sold to boys during the last re-release for his respective movie.

You know what would have been terrific?

Instead of Pixie Hollow being the meet and greet and the humongous play area, why not have made it Neverland/Peter and the Lost Boy's home? THAT would have been spectacular.

_Scar

Instead of Pixie Hollow being the meet and greet and the humongous play area, why not have made it Neverland/Peter and the Lost Boy's home? THAT would have been spectacular.

I kinda like the knight thing better. I would of loved to of had that when I was wittle.

Animaniac93-98

Our own version of Adventure Isle (minus the Robinson's treehouse)? Sounds good to me!

A Return to Oz boat ride would have been neat, but that's way out there. And would probably scare the S*it out of kids! :lol:

SirGoofy

Our own version of Adventure Isle (minus the Robinson's treehouse)? Sounds good to me!

A Return to Oz boat ride would have been neat, but that's way out there. And would probably scare the S*it out of kids! :lol:

Or it could have been Sherwood Forest.

Oh wait, Disney forgot it made a Robin Hood movie.:rolleyes:

_Scar

We should get an interactive talk session with Gaston or a face character Gaston doing shows. Plus they need a Pinocchio area!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom