Will Guests Ever Be Allowed To Ride In The Front Seat Of A Monorail Again?

Will Guests Ever Be Allowed To Ride In The Front Seat Of A Monorail Again?

• Yes

Votes: 148 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I just love it how any accident at a Disney park will make international news but if it happened anywhere else no one cares

No other company in the world has a squeaky clean image like Disney's.

That's why.

wdwfan22

I never say never, but I do believe it's going to be quite some time before Disney allows Guests to ride in the front cab again.

Bluewaves

Working at an amusement park you'd be amazed the things that happen all day long and never make it in the press, hen one stupid incident does and everyone thinks that the park is unsafe or dangerous etc.., if this had happened anywhere else no one would have paid any notice, just think of this if you used the same mentality no one would be riding the subway in DC right now after the crash, some safety mechanism broke down or someone wasn't paying attention to what they were doing and tragedy happened. I'm sure after this they'll install more sensors upgrade safety systems and all that good stuff, if my car can figure out its about to hit something and put on the brakes and tell me someone is in my blindspot and send me a warning I'm sure Disney could add a sensor that slams on the brakes if it detects something that close as it could cause an impact, I'm sure at 2 am this poor man was tired and had many other things on his mind or fell asleep at the controls, as soon as they figure out what happened I'm pretty sure things will be back to normal pretty quickly.

nemofinder22

Im sure they'll still allow guests to sit in the front, but for the immediate furture probably no. DL's Thunder still lets u sit in front and you can also still ride the Columbia...

DisneyPhD

I'd feel much safer riding in the front of the monorail than I do standing up on a bus going 50 mph. Not that I don't feel safe on the busses its all those other drivers on the road I worry about.

NewfieFan

I'd feel much safer riding in the front of the monorail than I do standing up on a bus going 50 mph. Not that I don't feel safe on the busses its all those other drivers on the road I worry about.

True that... holding onto the rail with one hand and holding onto my two children with the other hand isn't my idea of a safe ride!

I would have no problem riding in the front of the monorail! And I do hope that this little extra is not taken away b/c of this sad turn of events!

EPCOT Explorer

37 Years, 9 Months and 3 Days is one heck of a safety record!

That said, it will re-open, and this nightmare will fade into the past...
Right...Like the Mono Fire of 80.:shrug:

Was speaking with my parents today, and both said they would be nervous about riding in the front of the car.

I suppose I will ride alone next time.:cool::D To me, it's the least we can do to honor the life lost today.

WishIwasThere

I certainly hope so. There have been other accidents with cars hiting tugs and other cars too...so I don't think this will stop the practice of allowing guests to ride the front car. My kids love to ride up front and this accident will not deter me or my wife from going up there...the view is incredible.

Spyne

I certainly hope they still let guests ride in the front. This is basically an isolated incident, and the monorail is usually considered one of the safest forms of transportation. Probably after the heat dies down from this, I guess it's still the decision of the higher-ups on whether they still can or not.

LowesChevy

Yes, there will probably be more rules set in place-no riding at night or near closing times perhaps. I think it will take a time frame before we will be back to riding up front, but I think eventually it will be allowed again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney is quite reactionary when something bad happens on their property. They want to make the public feel comfortable, and shield themselves from any impending lawsuits.

Not only do I believe no guests will ever ride in the front again, I believe there will be upgrades and changes among the existing monorail fleet, and changes in pilot training and hiring standards.
I tend to agree but I see this as a double edge sword. If Disney does not allow guests to ride in the from it implies that they are unsafe. If they continue to allow guests to arrive up front and something like this happens again with guests in the front then Disney will be facing as many as 4 8 digit lawsuits that they will have little defense against.

What I do see is Disney modifying the front and rear cars with some impact protection. Right now is seems like the speed of this crash occurred at 15 mph or less and I think we all could agree that if that was the case far too much damage occurred for such a low speed.

JiminyandTink

What I do see is Disney modifying the front and rear cars with some impact protection. Right now is seems like the speed of this crash occurred at 15 mph or less and I think we all could agree that if that was the case far too much damage occurred for such a low speed.

Very interesting, you're probably right.

Either way, thankfully there weren't more people riding in front in the crash and God rest the young man's soul and see his family through this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom