MNSSHP Costumes

wdwfan100

Original Poster
For those that wear costumes to MNSSHP, do you bring them with you, or find a place locally to rent? Is there somewhere in WDW that we could rent a costume from?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
From what I saw most people just bring thier own Disney costumes...

Rarely do you see people dressed as something not to do with Disney.

Cmdr_Crimson

Which is no big deal really. The 3 times I went I was Link from Legend of Zelda, Great Sayinman from Dragonball Z and Edward Elrich of Fullmetal Alchemist...However this year I'm doing a crossover so I'm going as Sora of Kingdom Hearts 2.:D

But getting back to the OP Unfortunatley they do not have any rental costumes..You can bring your own costume to dress up. Since they allow guest for the parties at 4pm you can take the time to get yourself ready prior to getting to MK since the party actually starts at 7.

SeaBreeze

For those that wear costumes to MNSSHP, do you bring them with you, or find a place locally to rent? Is there somewhere in WDW that we could rent a costume from?

When I went, I figured out a costume from everyday clothes I had in my closet. My two friends just got cat ears and the tails which were easy to bring but I went as Kim Possible. Such an easy costume and very comfortable! I had to get the gloves and I dyed my hair red rather than get a wig but man was it fun! The CMS (and Minnie haha) flipped out over it and I had an absolute blast :)

However, I'm sure that there are plenty of rental places around Orlando, if you have a car to get your there.

wesTcoastY

You probably don;t want anything too elaborate...afterall, you'll be walking around the park, riding rides etc.

Here's an example of fantastic costumes I spotted at MNSSHP!

IMG_0802.jpg

Tiggerfanatic

Which is no big deal really. The 3 times I went I was Link from Legend of Zelda, Great Sayinman from Dragonball Z and Edward Elrich of Fullmetal Alchemist...However this year I'm doing a crossover so I'm going as Sora of Kingdom Hearts 2.:D

Ha!Ha! DD19 just went to a Comic Con (sp?) here in Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago as a Kingdom Hearts character (not sure of the name - blonde, spiky hair, carries a big key with Mickey on a chain on the handle). She got so many compliments and is on a lot of FaceBook pages now!!

We've already got plans to attend the MNSSHP in 2010 and that's what she's planning on wearing. Me, I'm going as Cruella simply because I already have the black & white cigarette holder!!

kitten2299

I was wondering are there restrictions on costumes? If so does anyone know what would be considered to scary? A coworker wanted to go for Halloween and wants to know if she or her child could dress up as Jason? :shrug: I think that would be better at Universal but she doesnt want to take her daughter since she thinks it would be to scary for her :hammer:so dont ask me why she would want a scary costume at Disney. Thank you for any info that I can pass along!

coolmark18

Coolest costumes:
mnss08_1.jpg

My favourite charcater is the Donald one where he is dressed up as a pumpkin but I cant seem to find that image.

Cmdr_Crimson

I was wondering are there restrictions on costumes? If so does anyone know what would be considered to scary? A coworker wanted to go for Halloween and wants to know if she or her child could dress up as Jason? :shrug: I think that would be better at Universal but she doesnt want to take her daughter since she thinks it would be to scary for her :hammer:so dont ask me why she would want a scary costume at Disney. Thank you for any info that I can pass along!

There are a few guidlines once you get your tickets here's what it says.

-Costumes should not obstruct the guest's view or interfere with their ability to board/unload from attractions and/or Walt Disney World Resort Transportation system (including monorails, ferry boats and motor coaches).

-Drag on the ground.

-Be offensive to other guests.

-Contain sharp or pointed objects or material that may accidentally strike another guest.

-Contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon

hardcard

From what I saw most people just bring thier own Disney costumes...

I don't agree with this at ALL.... I see a variety of costumes at the parties.. not everyone is dressed as a disney character... sure, there are a lot of them.. that onl.y makes sense.. but there are a LOT of other things.. including competing characters, shrek, spiderman.... you name it... saw about 20 bees last year ...

really, it's a complete mix.

Omnimover

this year I'm doing a crossover so I'm going as Sora of Kingdom Hearts 2.:D

I've had that idea to do that myself next time I'm around for the MNSSHP. I'd love to get some photos with Donald and Goofy in costume (especially if Donald is in his wizard getup) and then photoshop them together for the ultimate in geekiness (note: I am way too old to want to do this, but will anyway).

-Contain sharp or pointed objects or material that may accidentally strike another guest.

-Contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon

I was wondering what the WDW stance would be on carrying a Keyblade? It doesn't necessarily look like a weapon, but could be seen as one, and definitely has the potential to accidentally knock into some people. Technically it is just a giant key, but might still appear threatening. It wouldn't feel much like Sora without his signature prop....

Post pics whenever you do get the costume together, though.

Tiggerfanatic

I was wondering what the WDW stance would be on carrying a Keyblade? It doesn't necessarily look like a weapon, but could be seen as one, and definitely has the potential to accidentally knock into some people. Technically it is just a giant key, but might still appear threatening. It wouldn't feel much like Sora without his signature prop....

Post pics whenever you do get the costume together, though.

When DD went to her Comic Con here in Pittsburgh last month, they were allowed nothing metal in their props, so DH made her keyblade out of plastic pipe and styrofoam. If you want I can have her send you a picture of it. She got all kinds of compliments and people wanting to take her picture.

Bluewaves

When my wife and I went 2 years we went as Cinderella and Prince Charming, it was funny all night long when ever a cast member would see us on a ride or just walking around being called your Majesties or Prince and Princess. Also alot of not that crazy costumes as well alot of simple costumes the whole night everything from just cat ears to people who went all out.

wdwfan100

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great feedback. It looks like we need to plan our costumes prior to heading down there. Thanks again for the input

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Other thing to keep in mind (besides mobility and general comfort) is temperature. Many nights during Sept. and even into Oct. are quite warm and humid.

I still remember a family dressed as Pooh characters that looked great, except dad had the full Pooh costume on and was sweating like he was in a sauna, even before entering the park. :(

Cmdr_Crimson

I've had that idea to do that myself next time I'm around for the MNSSHP. I'd love to get some photos with Donald and Goofy in costume (especially if Donald is in his wizard getup) and then photoshop them together for the ultimate in geekiness (note: I am way too old to want to do this, but will anyway).

I already did...Well, Back in 2004 when Chain of Memories came out for GBA. They had a meet & Greet in the que line area that is the laugh floor today..That's me as Sayinman..
sora1.jpg
sora3.jpg

I was wondering what the WDW stance would be on carrying a Keyblade? It doesn't necessarily look like a weapon, but could be seen as one, and definitely has the potential to accidentally knock into some people. Technically it is just a giant key, but might still appear threatening. It wouldn't feel much like Sora without his signature prop...

It's a huge prop and frankly it would be a nusance to deal with in crowds..And Considering that Sora had his during the meet and greet. I Do however have an alternative set instead and that's the Chain Cards from Chain of memories I created...And here's the Other pic of me and Sora.
sora2.jpg

Post pics whenever you do get the costume together, though
I am hoping to get a Ton of character shots together that would make a KH fan go OMG that is freakin sweet!

Dragonrider1227

OH MY GOD! WHY THE **** DON'T THEY DO THAT MORE OFTEN?? My sister would FLIP over that! :mad::(
Anyway, I brought my own costume last time (Pirate) and plan to do the same this time. I'm going as Indiana Jones

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom