What is it about Toy Story Midway Mania....

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
....that continues to inspire a mad, frantic dash by the myriads who arrive at the Hollywood Studios park first thing in the morning as it approaches a year since the attraction opened? I just got back from a trip 1/24 - 1/31 and on one particular morning we arrived for the opening of the park. When the word "go" went down, the huge herd of people stormed forward to the ride itself and right to the Fastpass machines for it too. I heard a nearby CM say that it's been like that at the park EVERY morning for a good 7 months straight. We were fortunate enough to get two fastpasses that day for it, which worked out quite well. But every other time we passed through Pixar Place, the wait was 60-70 minutes.

I admit it's a fun, enjoyable ride, but it's not something super thrilling by any means.

I also didn't care for how the CMs in the Studios would block people from going certain ways to get to the ride, forcing everyone to go through the arches and turn left.

klineski96

It's still new, it's very entertaining, and it's competitive, there's alot to look at in line and while on the ride, it's not the exact same thing every time you ride, and it's interactive.

It's also something fun to do at DHS. My wife and I sometimes find ourselves bored with Hollywood Studios once we've done ToT and RRC. She doesn't really like the GMR and I'm not a huge fan of the Muppet 3D show. We don't like Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Sounds Dangerous, Little Mermaid, Playhouse etc... and rarely ride the Backlot Tour and rarely see Lights Motors Action. So for us, the Toy Story ride is one of the few things we enjoy at that park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s new, it wasn`t designed to accommodate FP hence the queue chaos, and people got bored of running down Sunset at rope drop :D

Chape19714

It's new, and has a huge re-ride factor. People want to do it more than once.

As far as blocking certain paths, it's the only way to keep it fair AND, it's for Saftey. Could you imagine all those people going down the stairs. Trust the CM's, we know what we're doing. ;)

And yes, it's been that way each morning since TSMM opened.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Maybe until the next Studios E ticket....
even then, as someone said, with the points competition, it has a high re-ride factor.

Just look how long Soarin' has held on to a similar response.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
It's nearly a year old already......surely some of the novelty has to wear off by now. I also think those "daily high scores" or "weekly high scores" are a bunch of bull......you're not sitting at each station long enough to rack up scores like they have listed. Must be just a gimmick to get people to ride over and over and try and better their scores, IMO.

Chape19714

It's nearly a year old already......surely some of the novelty has to wear off by now. I also think those "daily high scores" or "weekly high scores" are a bunch of bull......you're not sitting at each station long enough to rack up scores like they have listed. Must be just a gimmick to get people to ride over and over and try and better their scores, IMO.
Nope, they're real. There's no way to insert a false score into the computer system.

rictusred

the same Reason you were on a mad Dash down there with the rest of them it is new and the limited amount of rides at DHS makes it the must see of the day for most people not to mention the hype put on it. LOL was there in January and rode it twice with fastpasses. that game/ride is a lot of fun.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its such an awe inspiring ground breaking attraction that is beautifully themed, exquisitely constructed and presented, and fully captures the essence of 21st century Disney that people are naturally drawn to it.

Pioneer Hall

I don't buy that.

There are certain ways to unlock very high point targets while you are playing (just check guides online). If you do that, it is very possible to get a high score. I almost became high score of the month when I was there in Jan because I unlocked a few extra 2,000 and 5,000 point targets. However, I also feel like I am developing carpal tunnel when I play since I fire so the cannon so quickly.

Eyorefan

Like Soaring everyone can do it. Not everyone likes thrill rides and little kids can't go on RRC or TOT. When my parents come with us they don't ride RRC but they love TSM and Soarin'.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.

I think TSM is probably the only ride at DHS that EVERYONE can do.

There hare height restrictions on RnR, ToT, and ST.

The alien part in TGMR is a yawner for most people, but its enough to scare little kids into never wanting to ride it again.

And how many people want to ride BLT more than once?

So yeah.. that would be why people run to TSM.

thrupaytonseyes

Since it is not even a year old and most people don't go to Disney more than once a year, it is still new to the vast majority of visitors. And as others have said, DHS does not have much for the younger set so that makes it a big draw too.

EpcotServo

I don't buy that.

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom