Giving Thanks for Magic Friends

nibblesandbits

Let's see...play in the snow or go to polo?
I wonder which one won...

037.jpg

039.jpg

036.jpg
BTW...still not here, but love the pics Nicole!!!

Pongo

Original Poster
Speaking of Christmas gifts...

Do you all know what PostSecret is? Well if you don't... www.postsecret.com

I bought one of the books for my best friend and I'm going to write some of my own secrets and put them in there. BUT I opened the book tonight to read it, and a napkin with a secret fell out! I know someone's secret! Me and only me! How weird!

Nemo14

Not quite.
I have very little shopping to do in the first place, since we give cash or gift cards to the few people we do give gifts to.
I got my mom a gift, so that's done.
Same here - I bought my mom's gift and MIL's and I have a few small things for the kids. Everthing else is baked goods and gift cards or cash.

Uponastar

Speaking of Christmas gifts...

Do you all know what PostSecret is? Well if you don't... www.postsecret.com

I bought one of the books for my best friend and I'm going to write some of my own secrets and put them in there. BUT I opened the book tonight to read it, and a napkin with a secret fell out! I know someone's secret! Me and only me! How weird!

Lauren has one of those books.
Fascinating to think what goes into writing one of those.
Deeply personal thoughts being expressed, probably for the first time. Even with the security of anonymity, I'm sure some of those were very difficult to write.

Nemo14

We had the neatest experience yesterday at school. Normally the kids draw names out of a hat and do a Secret Santa thing with their classmates, culminating with the purchase of a $10 gift for their person.

Well, our 8th graders asked if they could pool their money instead and spend it on something more worthwhile. So they voted, and unaminously decided to send the money they would have spent to WorldVision to purchase farm animals for underprivaleged families in Africa.

So, I mentioned it to our 6th and 7th graders, and they all decided to do the same thing. It felt so good to see this come from them - made my Christmas! :sohappy:

Uponastar

Same here - I bought my mom's gift and MIL's and I have a few small things for the kids. Everthing else is baked goods and gift cards or cash.

We've really cut back the last few years. It's so easy for Christmas to get out of hand. We've started really budgeting for it and sticking to it. Works for us!

Uponastar

We had the neatest experience yesterday at school. Normally the kids draw names out of a hat and do a Secret Santa thing with their classmates, culminating with the purchase of a $10 gift for their person.

Well, our 8th graders asked if they could pool their money instead and spend it on something more worthwhile. So they voted, and unaminously decided to send the money they would have spent to WorldVision to purchase farm animals for underprivaleged families in Africa.

So, I mentioned it to our 6th and 7th graders, and they all decided to do the same thing. It felt so good to see this come from them - made my Christmas! :sohappy:

Yay!
That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom