Gas Prices near WDW insane

paige1217

Original Poster
Hey, I am just looking out for my fellow Disney fans, but if you are coming down to Disney and are driving your car or a rental, stay away from the gas stations near the entrance to Disney World by Downtown. There are a couple of gas stations near there that do not have their prices on their signs. Then you roll up to the pump and the prices are $.40 more / gallon then the national average price. Gas is actually cheaper in the WDW at the Hess then it is outside WDW.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
It's always been like that. AVOID the Exxon station outside of Hotel Plaza Blvd - it's ALWAYS at least $.25+ per gallon more than driving on property.

Hrudey3032

It's always been like that. AVOID the Exxon station outside of Hotel Plaza Blvd - it's ALWAYS at least $.25+ per gallon more than driving on property.

My dad who lives on SR 27(Highlands reserve) between I-4 and 192 said gas in Florida was cheaper than here in Indianapolis and we dont have a amusement park.

WDWFigment

My dad who lives on SR 27(Highlands reserve) between I-4 and 192 said gas in Florida was cheaper than here in Indianapolis and we dont have a amusement park.

I don't think having an amusement park is the determining factor for gas prices. That said, I got gas for $3.65 on Wednesday at the Thornton's near Keystone and I was pretty pleased. That pretty well beat the national average.

hrcollectibles

Hey, I am just looking out for my fellow Disney fans, but if you are coming down to Disney and are driving your car or a rental, stay away from the gas stations near the entrance to Disney World by Downtown. There are a couple of gas stations near there that do not have their prices on their signs. Then you roll up to the pump and the prices are $.40 more / gallon then the national average price. Gas is actually cheaper in the WDW at the Hess then it is outside WDW.

I would never go to a gas station where the prices were not posted

Joepic

It's slowing decreasing here in NY. Cheapest I saw was $3.89 yesterday. That's a big fall from $4.35 three weeks ago.

WDW Monorail

It's slowing decreasing here in NY. Cheapest I saw was $3.89 yesterday. That's a big fall from $4.35 three weeks ago.

I drove westbound on I-76 yesterday. At several of the Sunoco stations in PA, the price for a gallon was $3.89 at about 10:30 in the morning. On the way back, the same Sunoco stations lowered their price to $3.86 at about 6:30 in the evening.

Prices are certainly falling.

mainstreet1997

I checked the Hess station on EPOCT Resorts Blvd. (just outside Boardwalk) and its at 3.75. Thats cheap! I live the suburbs of Chicago and were still waiting to drop below $4 again! Yesterday it was $4.09!:sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Hess on property always do a great job. Its really good to see a company not fleecing the tourists and offering the best price and service in the area.

tigsmom

Gas prices here in the mid Hudson valley in NY are falling as well, I paid $4.05 the other day. You have to go to NJ to find prices below $4 (and they are not that far below). Using the link SpongeScott posted it seems just about all the stations are cheaper than around here. :shrug:

LudwigVonDrake

When I was in WDW in the beginning of July, gas on Long Island was $4.35 and the Hess in WDW was $3.94. Now gas on Long Island is $3.95 so happily the price is slowly going down. I hope it continues :)

Montyboy

Gas prices here in the mid Hudson valley in NY are falling as well, I paid $4.05 the other day. You have to go to NJ to find prices below $3 (and they are not that far below). Using the link SpongeScott posted it seems just about all the stations are cheaper than around here. :shrug:

I think you meant $4.

smk

I don't think having an amusement park is the determining factor for gas prices. That said, I got gas for $3.65 on Wednesday at the Thornton's near Keystone and I was pretty pleased. That pretty well beat the national average.
I am only close to a BP and a Marathon and I paid 3.85 on Thursday....

I am going to WDW in October and driving from Indy, I am curious how the gas prices will be then. I have looked around for cheap airfare and found only AirTran cheap and I can't handle that airline! I am going for a confernece in Orlando so I will need a car anyway, this way I don't have to rent one.

cheapest gas i've seen on Long Island was 3.81 (Valero, but they add 6 cents if you use a credit card) on CR-51 between Eastport and Center Moriches, 3.95 behind Tanger Outlets in riverhead (thats the hess station) and its around 3.80 in Shirley and Mastic, but then if you go to the Mobile station by exit 70 off the LIE its a whopping 4.29 a gallon. But then Mobile is always expensive but thats the only station that hasn't dropped it's prices since the gas started plummeting pennies each day.

coasterphil

It really is crazy how bad the stations are right near the Hotel Plaza gate. The Chevron there is usually 50-75 cents more than the Hess stations on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom