Disney getting into Wedding Business

CaptainQueenJ

Original Poster
I was reading the newspaper when I came accross an article describing the new line of wedding dresses Disney's introducing which are based on classic princess dresses.

I thought this was a pretty inventive thing to do dconsidering many women have been dreaming of a princess-type wedding their whole lives. What do you think?

WDWFREAK53

I was reading the newspaper when I came accross an article describing the new line of wedding dresses Disney's introducing which are based on classic princess dresses.

I thought this was a pretty inventive thing to do dconsidering many women have been dreaming of a princess-type wedding their whole lives. What do you think?

Awesome thing if they don't make it toooooo "princess-like"

Who wants to get married in a costume?

But, it will be very good if it's done "right." (Which I'm sure it will)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
And a wedding dress isn't a "costume" ? :animwink:

Its a natural extension being as they have the wedding and reception business in full swing, have a wedding shop on site, may as well add the dresses.

k.hunter30

There was a post about this around a week or so ago. It had a link to sketches. Not to froo-froo "fairy-tale" at all, I thought...

Teenchy

Interesting....but it will still be about price. We just got married at WDW in December and my wife had a "Cinderella type" dress....sparkley & big and poofy, but she found it here locally in Washington D.C.
But then again Disney is trying to make it a one stop shop for everything weddings....I bet if this had been offered my wife would have considered it beacuse everything else we picked through Disney was perfect.
I'm sure some of the local merchants (www.carolynallens.com) will not be real happy to hear this as they are part of the recommended people in Disneys official wedding packet.
I wonder if Disney will also do grooms tuxedos, I got mine from Carolyn Allens (just a few minutes from WDW) becuase of convenience and they also had an exclusive(subtle) Mickey print vest and bow tie.

You can see a full wedding report and pictures in the link of my signature.

ALso here is the link to the other thread with drawings of dresses
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=150766&highlight=wedding+dresses

typhoonguy

Interesting....but it will still be about price. We just got married at WDW in December and my wife had a "Cinderella type" dress....sparkley & big and poofy, but she found it here locally in Washington D.C.
But then again Disney is trying to make it a one stop shop for everything weddings....I bet if this had been offered my wife would have considered it beacuse everything else we picked through Disney was perfect.
I'm sure some of the local merchants (www.carolynallens.com) will not be real happy to hear this as they are part of the recommended people in Disneys official wedding packet.
I wonder if Disney will also do grooms tuxedos, I got mine from Carolyn Allens (just a few minutes from WDW) becuase of convenience and they also had an exclusive(subtle) Mickey print vest and bow tie.

Actually Disney is not designing these or selling these. A local woman from Ocala is designing them. If you have any questions, feel free to call Disney Weddings or visit the website at http://www.disneyweddings.com/ .

Her name is Kirstie Kelly. As far as price, the dresses will range from 1100 to 3000. This information is available online through the Wall Street Journal. WSJ.com . It also talks about the David Tutera line. :)

ALso here is the link to the other thread with drawings of dresses
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=150766&highlight=wedding+dresses

little side note:

just the pics alone of your wedding made me want to punch my husband. my thoughts are-you could propose to me at wdw, but not marry me there? whatever!

just kidding, love my hubby. had a cindy themed wedding and everything.

sorry to be off topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom