HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

In the Parks
Yes
I always thought midway mania would work real well in HKDL.
Some part of me want HKDL to fill up the gap between Toy Story Land and World of Frozen with Toy Story Mania and Alien Swirling Saucers (two indoor attractions coz TSL is basically completely outdoor right now but it rains often here)
But at the same time I'd wonder if the plot can be used for another small yet impressively immersive themed land rather than just clones

PiratesMansion

Like I said, the similarity. Especially given how… wanting HKDL is for more attractions. I’d prefer the money be spent on something totally different.

DCA is hardly a model of how to do a park right.
I'm just saying that those two attractions are far more similar than TSM is to Antman in my view.

I definitely would be happy with something better, but they could do worse than putting a Toy Story attraction in the Toy Story Land.

DisneyDean97

Potential clash with Ant Man ? Given the similarity I’d prefer a good Peter Pans flight
I would love to see PPF at this park, do you think Disney would actually build an old school fantasyland attraction so late after the park has been open. I feel like they would go for a newer IP.
Also, why does it seem like current Disney has an aversion to building smaller scale fantasyland style C-Ticket dark rides... so many of their parks could benefit from these filler attractions, including HKDL

ThemeParkTraveller

I believe there were rumors that SDL was also planning on adding a Midway Mania to their TSL, so I wouldn't be surprised if HKDL wanted to go in a different direction. Their TSL really needs something though, as it's by far the most lacking and skippable land in the park. Fantasyland at least has IASW as a headliner even if it's missing almost all the dark rides found at the other castle parks.

Supersnow84

I would love to see PPF at this park, do you think Disney would actually build an old school fantasyland attraction so late after the park has been open. I feel like they would go for a newer IP.
Also, why does it seem like current Disney has an aversion to building smaller scale fantasyland style C-Ticket dark rides... so many of their parks could benefit from these filler attractions, including HKDL
I’d argue HK is the park least in need of c tickets considering its entire lineup is functionally c tickets (FEA is a strong D, mystic manor, runaway mine cars and space are E everything else is a C or a B)

HK desperately needs a top of the line “come halfway around the world” for this because right now it offers precious little that you can’t get from going to another park, it’s reached the point where it’s not an active waste of time to go but it still really isn’t actually attracting anyone from another park

Totally agree! Peter Pan could be a captivating addition to Fantasyland. Disney has also at least shown a willingness to further develop rides based on classic IP with new technologies. With Pirates and Peter Pan at SDL being prime examples. (But Peter Pan in HK could potentially clash with Shanghai? Regardless, I personally would like to see it at the park in the future)

donaldduckno1

I’d argue HK is the park least in need of c tickets considering its entire lineup is functionally c tickets (FEA is a strong D, mystic manor, runaway mine cars and space are E everything else is a C or a B)

HK desperately needs a top of the line “come halfway around the world” for this because right now it offers precious little that you can’t get from going to another park, it’s reached the point where it’s not an active waste of time to go but it still really isn’t actually attracting anyone from another park
Epcot’s FEA might be a D, but HKDL one is definitely an E.

DisneyDean97

I agree HKDL needs a big headliner, but I argue many have visited the park because Mystic Manor has gotten so much praise, but on a whole, Mystic Manor isn't enough. I was arguing the park still needs more attractions in general, its still lacking rides for being a castle park. A huge E-Ticket will draw people, but they still need more supporting attractions. HKDL was so under built, adding something like PPF is a no brainer and should have opened with the park.

Asa

I will reiterate what I want for HKDL: An Aladdin magic carpet ride using PPF technology.

If we get Toy Story Mania, then I'd prefer it to be themed to another Pixar property, maybe Monsters or Inside Out.

Sir_Cliff

I agree HKDL needs a big headliner, but I argue many have visited the park because Mystic Manor has gotten so much praise, but on a whole, Mystic Manor isn't enough. I was arguing the park still needs more attractions in general, its still lacking rides for being a castle park. A huge E-Ticket will draw people, but they still need more supporting attractions. HKDL was so under built, adding something like PPF is a no brainer and should have opened with the park.
They should learn from the fandom that has developed around Mystic Manor that there is a value in original, unique attractions and characters for the park. One thing they do seem to understand in Hong Kong and Shanghai is the value of unique attractions in specific resorts.

I have a trip to Hong Kong planned for January 2025, so looking forward to finally getting to HKDL!

Supersnow84

I think mystic manor shows that HK really needs a top of the line E ticket, if mystic manor was at any other park it would basically just be that parks haunted mansion, e ticket with a dedicated fanbase and absolutely nobody dislikes it but it’s not exactly the parks headliner of headliners

Mystic manor kinda just fills that niche by nature of there being nothing better than it at HK, not saying a second attraction at the level of mystic manor wouldnt be fantastic but I do think they need a bit more oh the top end over more filler attractions (not that the park wouldn’t benefit from both)

Timothy_Q

Using the plot between TSL and Frozen for MORE Toy Story would be a big waste of space
It's such a small park, it doesn't need 4 attractions based on a single IP

Hopefully that the area gets used for another "Fantasyland expansion" mini-land like Frozen

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Using the plot between TSL and Frozen for MORE Toy Story would be a big waste of space
It's such a small park, it doesn't need 4 attractions based on a single IP

Hopefully that the area gets used for another "Fantasyland expansion" mini-land like Frozen
My vote would be use it for a good PPF linked to Fanland (there’s the fire lane to also consider)

Hkayer

Google earth just updated.

The land between TSL and Frozen has been cleared. It seems that part of the land is now backstage facilities and I think toy story mania is the best suit for this. It is too small for even a mini land and the transition will be bad. It is better to expand TSL and make it a more complete land. I love how you go under the train track and up to enter TSL. It feels more immersive. Making it a mini land themed to (e.g. Peter Pan) may not have the same effect as the lands are too small.

No progess on the land for Marvel E-ticket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240417-024015_Google Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417-024015_Google Earth.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 83

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom