News Former Walt Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde to be honored as a Disney Legend at D23 2024

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Downgrade.

1712845674272.png

1712845724725.png

yensid1967

I would love to be in his head when he saw Epcot for the first time! He probably thought, "What the Hell!!?? They tore down a building to build another building in its place and add in a water feature and some trees and a statue? And it took them 5 years!?"

bpiper

In the original post look at the 2 imagineers following behind with glum faces dragging their feet I don’t think it was a really good day. But I don’t see any car or optimism in their faces at all. They don’t even look like they like their jobs.

They look like security to keep the groupies away.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We all rue the concretification of the hub. But before that happened, what in the walt disney world was it necessary for all this concrete?...

1712873605170.png

People love to post pictures of the other side with reasonable walkways past green and blue spaces. They seem to forget to post this concrete bakery.

Oh, the FoN puts on fountain shows? Great! Where is there some seating to watch it?

TrainsOfDisney

We all rue the concretification of the hub. But before that happened, what in the walt disney world was it necessary for all this concrete?...

View attachment 778710

People love to post pictures of the other side with reasonable walkways past green and blue spaces. They seem to forget to post this concrete bakery.

Oh, the FoN puts on fountain shows? Great! Where is there some seating to watch it?
Wide open walkways at a busy area of a theme park could be seen as a luxury! I always kinda liked that area - not that it didn’t need an update of decor, but it wasn’t that bad and I really do miss the fountain.

I would have voted for a best of both worlds…. Take down the info / pin trade booth and build something version of dreamers point overlooking the fountain.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wide open walkways at a busy area of a theme park could be seen as a luxury! I always kinda liked that area - not that it didn’t need an update of decor, but it wasn’t that bad and I really do miss the fountain.

I would have voted for a best of both worlds…. Take down the info / pin trade booth and build something version of dreamers point overlooking the fountain.
That wide open concrete area remained after they concreted up the fountain and put in a stage show.

After the new concrete and before this refresh, I tried to watch one of the shows there, but... no shade, plants, or ironically, nearby water feature (since the stage pushed people away from the FoN). I was baking, so, I never finished watching the show.

Isn't the persistent critique of the forums "no shade!"? Well, that side of FoN could be it's poster venue.

sedati

View attachment 778710

Yes, as someone who remembers waiting outside for Energy, Motion, and Imagination during their peaks it was horrid

Incomudro

I would love to be in his head when he saw Epcot for the first time! He probably thought, "What the Hell!!?? They tore down a building to build another building in its place and add in a water feature and some trees and a statue? And it took them 5 years!?"
Tearing down a building to build another building is quite routine.
The new building is far superior to what was there.
I agree with you on the lack of a water feature - that's a glaring issue for me.
I agree with you on the ridiculous time frame even considering COVID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom