News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Casper Gutman

Perlmutter, to his credit, actually did launch the MCU. He was willing to invest in some of my favorite movies. I don’t know everything about his style or leadership, though there is a lot of hearsay and insinuation. I’m not saying he’s a creative, but he never oversaw a bomb like the Marvels. And even Disney internally now acknowledges that many of Perlmutter’s critiques were correct in regards to the bloated spending on Marvel films.
This isn't going to be a fruitful conversation. You refuse to inform yourself of who Peltz is or to engage meaningfully with what he actually plans to do. You continue to project your fantasies onto him.

I will address this absolutely mad passage. Perlmutter did not launch the MCU, Avi Arad did. You don't know abut Perlmutter's style or leadership because you don't want to. His behavior has been documented by multiple reputable sources. There are books and many, many articles you could read. I suspect, based on your behavior on these boards, that you will reject any of the copious negative information you will find about the man as personally inconvenient.

Perlmutter oversaw Inhumans, which is infinitely worse then Marvels. He was not calling for reasonable budgets, he was trying to cut costs to the extent the MCU would have been strangled in its cradle. When he made his critiques, the budgets of the MCU films were entirely reasonable. No one is acknowledging he was "correct."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
. Meanwhile, Iger will stick around a bit longer and then retire, handing it off to someone we all hope is more competent than the last attempt.
There’s a bit of a concern there

As for Iger, the only way he pulls another extension without Wall Street and most of the fan base immediately turning on him is if the company is doing absolute gangbusters. Even then, I’m not sure he wouldn’t just leave as it would be the perfect time to walk away as “the hero” which seems like something he would very much like to do.

And that’s where it gets sketchy…and I hope I’m wrong there.

Casper Gutman

I think this sums up a big part of your problem. As far as you're concerned, anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid or evil. To you this is an objective reality. And you'll come up with reasons to explain why in fact the people who disagree with you are evil and stupid.

But on the issue of Wakanda Forever.

Wakanda Forever grossed $913 Million in 2024 dollars. By contrast, the original film grossed $1.658 Billion in 2024 dollars. The sequel grossed 55% of the original.

That was not the gross they were hoping for.
Its not people disagreeing. It's a steadfast refusal to offer evidence or to engage with offered evidence. Even then, I don't think most folks who disagree with me are stupid or evil.

As to this post... take this post. Raleigh alluded to the incredible circumstances surrounding the production of Panther. No reasonable observer expected it to come close to its predecessor. You know this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disstevefan1

As for Iger, the only way he pulls another extension without Wall Street and most of the fan base immediately turning on him is if the company is doing absolute gangbusters. Even then, I’m not sure he wouldn’t just leave as it would be the perfect time to walk away as “the hero” which seems like something he would very much like to do.
If the company is doing absolute gangbusters for whatever reason (meaning to me, I can enjoy a trip to WDW) then I am happy.

Lilofan

lazyboy97o

I think we all would be.
No, we wouldn’t and most here are lying if they make such claims. We know this because we can go dig up our complaints from when Disney was making a lot of money and the stock was going up. It’s exactly why so much of the “just business” concerns are a load of crock.

Dranth

No, we wouldn’t and most here are lying if they make such claims. We know this because we can go dig up our complaints from when Disney was making a lot of money and the stock was going up. It’s exactly why so much of the “just business” concerns are a load of crock.
I took the company doing well comment to be from both a financial and fans point of view as you really need both for Disney to be healthy. If that were to happen, the only people who would still be upset would be the legit trolls or people with agendas to push.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom