D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

BrianLo

I actually really like how they're doing this. I'm sure it will be a logistical problem, but still.

Transport is going to be messssyyyy. They are seemingly going to offer shuttle buses back and forth…

But otherwise it is fixing way more complaints about the event then I anticipate it is causing.

The first panel is always a complete gong show every year because all historical memory is lost by the convention employees. Honda Center has staffing and facilities that know what they are doing and regularly handle far bigger crowds than the modified stadium does. Not needing to arrive 4+ hours early, even with a stage pass, is a huge improvement in my books. Often with a single coffee stand in the waiting area that took 90 minutes to get anything. Then the added room for the show floor and separate shopping facility really spreads things out better as well as sizing it up. Expectancy is also set up from the initial purchase of tickets and the ability to resale set seats prevents people from being utterly locked out.

Downside is the conference is definitely more expensive for a majority of guests attending the panels… the cheap seats are going to be the real lottery.

DonniePeverley

If any of them execs get up and try to fog you all off with a 'Beyond the blue sky' or a 'Oooooh this is what we might built if you are good' then it's imperative fans walk out whilst humming slowly. The humming part is optional.

Do not accept anymore of these nonsensical 'we might build' announcments. I can imagine events gone by fans may have been mislead or surprised this was now 'a thing', but rest assured thee 'we might build beyond' announcements are horse manure and just glorified imagineering pipe dreams that we can all play at home on Theme Park tycoon. Further more it also just encourages 100 pages of waffle on this forum of people playing imagineering.

Either we get concrete projects, with a time scale - or you walk out. It's about time those of who visit the park were given some credit. When the movie division gets billions spent, there needs to be equal love for the parks who have consistently shown they do make Disney money WITHOUT RISK - albeit not the smexy money a movie can make.

Any attendee who starts soiling themselves or cheering like they just seen Elvis when they announce a 'beyond the toilet' project needs to be called out.

Indy_UK

IMG_1823.PNG

So we plan to just go on the Sunday. It says in the chart we have 'Access' to the Legends ceremony but I assume that will entail a 3 hour wait or so to get into the hall? Anyone know if they make adjustments for those with Kids who would normally need DAS in the parks?

BrianLo

View attachment 773926

So we plan to just go on the Sunday. It says in the chart we have 'Access' to the Legends ceremony but I assume that will entail a 3 hour wait or so to get into the hall? Anyone know if they make adjustments for those with Kids who would normally need DAS in the parks?

Legends is at Honda Center this year. Unfortunately no DAS historically, the only thing they had was one elevator that looks miserable to wait for if you couldn’t handle the escalators. Probably the opposite of what you’d want for autism.

But the good news is the seating is assigned so you can probably show up pretty close to start time now. If you figure they could handle a typical sports game experience. I don’t think I’d have recommended the old panel experience for you, it was a lot, a lot of waiting.

If a sports game or concert wouldn’t seem doable for your kids (not just because of disinterest), I’d suggest just getting the convention tickets without the panel.

Last edited:

Andrew25

What's with "insiders" on Twitter and other sites claiming to know what is being announced at D23? Did they not learn their less from the last one?!? 🤣

Not saying they may know about a project or two... but it's March and Disney is more than capable of backtracking on stuff.

Indy_UK

Legends is at Honda Center this year. Unfortunately no DAS historically, the only thing they had was one elevator that looks miserable to wait for if you couldn’t handle the escalators. Probably the opposite of what you’d want for autism.

But the good news is the seating is assigned so you can probably show up pretty close to start time now. If you figure they could handle a typical sports game experience. I don’t think I’d have recommended the old panel experience for you, it was a lot, a lot of waiting.

If a sports game or concert wouldn’t seem doable for your kids (not just because of disinterest), I’d suggest just getting the convention tickets without the panel.

Thanks for that. Allocated seating sounds appealing. I think if we could get a guarantee of seating, Don't suppose you have a link to info on that?
The little one could probably wait up to 45 mins or so if we had to. we've got gold membership so will be booking on 26th.

We are staying 10 minutes away so Honda Centre isn't far and I would like to see the event.

BrianLo

Thanks for that. Allocated seating sounds appealing. I think if we could get a guarantee of seating, Don't suppose you have a link to info on that?
The little one could probably wait up to 45 mins or so if we had to. we've got gold membership so will be booking on 26th.

We are staying 10 minutes away so Honda Centre isn't far and I would like to see the event.

1710946916436.png

1710946940965.png

Here’s the two relevant slides. You’d be looking at buying one of the 1 day ultimate fan passes for Sunday. Pricing starts at 20$ extra per ticket over the 1 day fan pass (which would not allow you access to the Honda Center). Depending on your spend you’ll get assigned seats at time of purchase. Floor seating can only be bought in the three day package.

Also to note the panels are in the evening this year, if that’s important for your kids.

Indy_UK

Ah ok. Should have known that they would charge extra. I guess it guarantees it for people. I'll have a think as the extra may not be worth it for us. Would rather put the extra $$ towards some extra merch.

Think I'll watch some YouTube's of the show floor so get an idea on what to expect. We are contemplating to dress up as a family but don't want to look silly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's with "insiders" on Twitter and other sites claiming to know what is being announced at D23? Did they not learn their less from the last one?!? 🤣

Not saying they may know about a project or two... but it's March and Disney is more than capable of backtracking on stuff.
Indeed, even our own insiders whose track record shows they know their stuff are often in the dark about what will be announced for the parks at a D23 event, because that's more of a marketing department thing. And at these events, there adding and removing powerpoint slides at the last minute.

People who 'know' what's going to be announced are often recycling other real insiders info, what Disney has said, and their own wishful thinking based on "surely, Disney will announce X, Y, and Z!" assumptions.

And their followers eat it up with nary a critical neuron firing in their brains.

BrianLo

Ah ok. Should have known that they would charge extra. I guess it guarantees it for people. I'll have a think as the extra may not be worth it for us. Would rather put the extra $$ towards some extra merch.

Think I'll watch some YouTube's of the show floor so get an idea on what to expect. We are contemplating to dress up as a family but don't want to look silly.

It’s been a big change this year. Money trade off for guaranteed access. Probably worth it to Disney for the money and fans in terms of less dissapointment.

The show floor should be up scaled this year in a big way since hall D will be enveloped into it.

Go ahead and dress up to your hearts content. You won’t look silly, lots of cosplayers are present.

BrianLo

Screw it, let's start the betting ring.

DO I HEAR $100 ON IMAGINATION 4?

$150 ON DINOLAND USA BEING BLOWN UP WITH THERMITE?!

DO I SEE $700 ON VILLAINS LAND BEING ANNOUNCED?!

1) Avatar at DCA
2) Avengers for HK and DCA
3) Tropical Americas*
4) Commitment to one of DHS or MK
5) Bluesky non-committal to DHS or MK
6) Shanghai’s Project
7) WDSP Lion King
8) At least two musical numbers people complain about followed by a close out with DLR cast members singing and dancing
9) Something completely unexpected that people like
10) Something completely unexpected that proves incredibly controversial
11) Entertainment announcement for WDW, probably liked
12) DCL taking up 15 minutes and posters here having a melt down. Maybe even a DCL investment in another class announced.
13) DVC taking up 5 minutes and full temper tantrums achieved
14) Epic Games taking 10 minutes. End of days declared.
15) Blue Sky session on Disneyland Forward that I’ll enjoy and everyone else will complain about for two years. Until it actually starts to happen in a similar fashion as spelled out.
16) roll a D-20 and determine which of the above is randomly cancelled last minute. 16-20 is rollers choice.

*Model to be featured on the show floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom