Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve said it before, and I know I’m in the minority here, but I consider Disney excellent value for money considering what it gets me. The enjoyment I feel from spending a day at the Magic Kingdom more than justifies the cost—for me. And that last bit is important: if people are paying those prices for an experience they don’t enjoy, of course they’re going to view it as a bad deal. Yet this forum is apparently full of such people.
Well the marketplace has begun to reject wdw for the money. That’s not in dispute at current press date. So they have an issue to solve. It isn’t to increase the prices and have more after hours. The jury is in.

As far as “value”…or personal opinions may be at odds with the consensus. As is often the case on fan forums.

I have enjoyed it…even with dangling plexiglass period included…more in the last 5 years than the previous 5

But as I’ve stated…I have low expectations and most of the US travel market - the oniy way they succeed - doesn’t.

For me it’s an escape and family time away from the hellscape…I mean…”fine” land of New Jersey.

So I don’t expect “magic”…because it’s not gonna come and it doesn’t phase me.

To others who don’t go often…who expect $7,000 - $10,000 a week to get you more than 3 rides sandwiched around $300 meals a day…the value is not there.

Andrew25

Well the marketplace has begun to reject wdw for the money. That’s not in dispute at current press date. So they have an issue to solve. It isn’t to increase the prices and have more after hours. The jury is in.

As far as “value”…or personal opinions may be at odds with the consensus. As is often the case on fan forums.

I have enjoyed it…even with dangling plexiglass period included…more in the last 5 years than the previous 5

But as I’ve stated…I have low expectations and most of the US travel market - the oniy way they succeed - doesn’t.

For me it’s an escape and family time away from the hellscape…I mean…”fine” land of New Jersey.

So I don’t expect “magic”…because it’s not gonna come and it doesn’t phase me.

To others who don’t go often…who expect $7,000 - $10,000 a week to get you more than 3 rides sandwiched around $300 meals a day…the value is not there.
I don't disagree with you that the value isn't there... but the market has "shifted" from the typical summer months to October-March now.

Parks haven't stopped being busy since the holidays. Same for Universal, it's been bizarre

LSLS

I don't disagree with you that the value isn't there... but the market has "shifted" from the typical summer months to October-March now.

Parks haven't stopped being busy since the holidays. Same for Universal, it's been bizarre
Q1 was down in attendance, and even in revenues for WDW. We don't know about Q2 yet, but that would be for October/November/December.

Andrew25

Q1 was down in attendance, and even in revenues for WDW. We don't know about Q2 yet, but that would be for October/November/December.
Q1 is Oct-Dec for Disney, Q2 has been busy, wouldn't be surprised to see them claim attendance is up a bit (cause it certainly appears that way).

Attendance is down, but it hasn't fallen as far as people think it did. Orlando as a whole was flirting with a price ceiling for years now, so thankfully they're realizing now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

That’s been a trend for 20 years…it’s still down on the whole

Ride lines are 100% managements fault…they caused it…they encouraged it…now they can’t fix it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Q1 is Oct-Dec for Disney, Q2 has been busy, wouldn't be surprised to see them claim attendance is up a bit (cause it certainly appears that way).

Attendance is down, but it hasn't fallen as far as people think it did. Orlando as a whole was flirting with a price ceiling for years now, so thankfully they're realizing now.
Lot of people go there. It’s not gonna be empty

They’ve never had an attendance drop without a recession or amateurs piloting Jets

Never

Andrew25

Ride lines are 100% managements fault…they caused it…they encouraged it…now they can’t fix it
Yes, didn't argue on that issue lol

The lack of investment into the parks is now getting back to them.

Lot of people go there. It’s not gonna be empty

They’ve never had an attendance drop without a recession or amateurs piloting Jets

Never
Some people on here are making it sound like WDW is a ghost town, it's been busy. I don't want to sound like I'm defending WDW as they've made terrible decisions, but let's also not go to the extreme that the company is about to file for bankruptcy lol

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
...and they enjoy profiting from it now - keep the lines long and the people annoyed at waiting in lines so they pay to get to ride quicker.

Step1 create the problem
Step 2 profit from it and don't care about resolving it
Step 3 make sure everyone knows they are the magic :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, didn't argue on that issue lol

The lack of investment into the parks is now getting back to them.

The reason I bring up lines is because people post screen caps of that stupid app and say it equates to “mobs”. They don’t know what they’re looking at
Some people on here are making it sound like WDW is a ghost town, it's been busy. I don't want to sound like I'm defending WDW as they've made terrible decisions, but let's also not go to the extreme that the company is about to file for bankruptcy lol
It’s never a ghost town…but I’ve been there in the proclaimed “busy” times in the last few years a lot and the foot traffic is as light as I’ve witnessed overall since probably 2004 ish?

But it’s been 2 months 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
...and they enjoy profiting from it now - keep the lines long and the people annoyed at waiting in lines so they pay to get to ride quicker.

Step1 create the problem
Step 2 profit from it and don't care about resolving it
Step 3 make sure everyone knows they are the magic :)
Yes…but they’re miscalculating how bad of a turn off it is and it’s hurting booking…therefore revenue

Bad management can be counted on to be…well…bad

Andrew25

The large price increase announcement for 2025 would like to have a word with you…
I know, it's stupid, but hotel pricing and some other things around Orlando have stopped getting greedy and taking advantage of post-Covid demand.

The reason I bring up lines is because people post screen caps of that stupid app and say it equates to “mobs”. They don’t know what they’re looking at

It’s never a ghost town…but I’ve been there in the proclaimed “busy” times in the last few years a lot and the foot traffic is as light as I’ve witnessed overall since probably 2004 ish?

But it’s it’s been 2 months 🤪
Wait times definitely don't paint the picture of crowds thanks to lightning lane and downtime, but the parks are shoulder to shoulder busy.

Was at DHS last week prior to the arrival of Spring Break crowds... Fantasmic had 2 shows and the 2nd one had lines backed up through Sunset Blvd.

Yes…but they’re miscalculating how bad of a turn off it is and it’s hurting booking…therefore revenue

Bad management can be counted on to be…well…bad
I think we were all saying this back in 2018-19, and now they're just realizing lol

LittleBuford

Your voice has less and less of a chorus as time marches on and people are exposed to other experiences through media and then want to have one for themselves. It's kind of like McDonald's in non US countries, many flock to eat there because they know exactly what they will get time after time and year after year but increasingly people want to try something different or more exciting.
This suggests that I know no different from Disney, which is absolutely not the case. I go on many kinds of holiday and know very well what my options are. Disney just happens to be an option I thoroughly enjoy and think is very good value (though I don’t expect others to agree).

Lilofan

Isn't the magic about 90% having special experiences with your kids?
Walt figured that out a long, long time ago
The money really does not matter if you can make a fantastic memory you share
Surely it’s a memorable experience for the Swiftys that spend big bucks to see their idol also to mention Taylor earns $13M per concert on her 140 date world concert tour for 2 years. Billionaire girl for sure!

DisneyNittany

Are we really comparing Disney park tickets to Taylor Swift concerts? Those are events, in a certain location, only at that time, that sell out, whereas the parks are always in the same spot and open to anyone most every day.

Maybe she will consider Swifty+ and Individual Swifty Lanes to enable fans to skip standby lines for bathrooms and concessions. A Swiftpass if you will
I don't think I have enough carbon credits to afford Swifty+

LittleBuford

And I wouldn’t try to convince them otherwise. It’s all very subjective. I didn’t post what I did in order to change others’ minds, but rather to share an alternative opinion.

LSLS

I've got no idea on Q2, but you had said October-March which is why I said Q1. And I don't know how far it has fallen, but the fact it has fallen enough that it impacted revenues as well that quarter is significant, especially since the price of g+ was pretty significantly up between the two time frames. I'll be very interested to see the Q2 results in a few months to see if it is in fact up, or artificially felt up.

Tha Realest

And from someone who has done both i know it sounds crazy. Ill take the concert every day of the week…
I mean, you could go to see one of the greatest pop stars of all time, at the peak of her powers, perform uninterrupted for four hours before tens of thousands.
Oh heck no, I know some folks here are passionate about the parks but that also comes with a downside. Constantly comparing it to 19____ imo is always going to lead to disappointment. continuing to go while comparing it to some magical period is always going to lead to dissatisfaction.
And my personal favorite (not saying you do this) insinuating that those of us who still do love and go to the parks are somehow ill informed, charging our vacations or stupid.
Everything other than TV shows* was culturally better in the 1990’s. This is a fact.

* the enduring popularity of certain sitcoms and animated series is a data point suggesting TV was also good then too.

JoeCamel

Surely it’s a memorable experience for the Swiftys that spend big bucks to see their idol also to mention Taylor earns $13M per concert on her 140 date world concert tour for 2 years. Billionaire girl for sure!
Pretty sure that is what Splash said that I responded to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom