Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The price of of a one day park ticket to MK is dirt cheap compared to the hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars that Swiftys ( or mom and dad ) will pay to see their idol for a 3 hour concert. Travis BTW goes for free.
Are we really comparing Disney park tickets to Taylor Swift concerts? Those are events, in a certain location, only at that time, that sell out, whereas the parks are always in the same spot and open to anyone most every day.

Maybe she will consider Swifty+ and Individual Swifty Lanes to enable fans to skip standby lines for bathrooms and concessions. A Swiftpass if you will

Lilofan

Are we really comparing Disney park tickets to Taylor Swift concerts? Those are events, in a certain location, only at that time, that sell out, whereas the parks are always in the same spot and open to anyone most every day.

Maybe she will consider Swifty+ and Individual Swifty Lanes to enable fans to skip standby lines for bathrooms and concessions. A Swiftpass if you will
One is a 3 hour show that can cost a few thousand each ticket for top ticket , MK for 9-12 hours is about $100 and change.

celluloid

Good points. Disney theme park quality could charge a lot more if they came to you like the fair.

Taylor Swift is a driveable event for a lot of people when she tours vs flying that a majority of visitors need to do.

Disney World as a place also needs to be profitable a decade from now and beyond. Where as an artist would like to be, but does not have to remain at the level she is at now.

JoeCamel

Well into the thousands for good seats lol… listen i know you cant compare but i paid plenty for me and my daughter to go and ill be honest ill do it again. She still talks about it almost a year later.
Isn't the magic about 90% having special experiences with your kids?
Walt figured that out a long, long time ago
The money really does not matter if you can make a fantastic memory you share

Willmark

Pre-pandemic it was $45, so went up $9 so 20%. I don't know about others, but my groceries have gone up almost that much.

I'll be honest, I always thought they were overpriced, but I can't eat enough to justify an expensive buffet, and my family has never been a big fan of "characters" so we rarely did a buffet; less than 6 over about 40 years.

…you’re so unmagical 🤐
So she's actually Katiebug?
tenor.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wall Street doesn’t care how much it costs to make more money as long as there is a high return on Capital.

The problem for Disney is the return on capital is HORRIBLE.
Bob has been telling them for years the money is unlimited “because it’s Disney”…because he has convinced himself that he’s synonymous with it

The delusion runs deep

LittleBuford

Yeah but what’s your point? Your comparing apples and oranges here or do you really believe Disney is a massive bargain for families today
I’ve said it before, and I know I’m in the minority here, but I consider Disney excellent value for money considering what it gets me. The enjoyment I feel from spending a day at the Magic Kingdom more than justifies the cost—for me. And that last bit is important: if people are paying those prices for an experience they don’t enjoy, of course they’re going to view it as a bad deal. Yet this forum is apparently full of such people.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’ve said it before, and I know I’m in the minority here, but I consider Disney excellent value for money considering what it gets me. The enjoyment I feel from spending a day at the Magic Kingdom more than justifies the cost—for me. And that last bit is important: if people are paying those prices for an experience they don’t enjoy, of course they’re going to view it as a bad deal. Yet this forum is apparently full of such people.
Do you really think those of us who share concerns and disappointments over decisions that are made these days is because we don't enjoy Disney? Why would we waste our time on here and be so passionate about it if we didn't care?

Most of us who express our non-positive opinions are also DVC members, AP holders, and visit often and have for many many years. We see trends and have experienced the parks differently throughout the years.

LittleBuford

Do you really think those of us who share concerns and disappointments over decisions that are made these days is because we don't enjoy Disney? Why would we waste our time on here and be so passionate about it if we didn't care?

Most of us who express our non-positive opinions are also DVC members, AP holders, and visit often and have for many many years. We see trends and have experienced the parks differently throughout the years.
To be clear, I’m not saying people are wrong to express concerns about or criticisms of Disney. On the contrary, I think they should. But if someone has reached the point of considering Disney poor value for money while continuing to visit, then I have to ask why they’re choosing to pay for an experience they’re going to resent.

Willmark

Bob has been telling them for years the money is unlimited “because it’s Disney”…because he has convinced himself that he’s synonymous with it

The delusion runs deep
I don’t think the upper echelon realizes that the shine wore off long ago.

If anything Disney is a tick the box sort of thing. As in you go to say you have a d be done with it.

eliza61nyc

Yeah but what’s your point? Your comparing apples and oranges here or do you really believe Disney is a massive bargain for families today
nothing is a massive bargain for families today. the point again is what one feels is important and worth the cost. It's like many things that are subjective. I'm doing Italy later this year with friends, one friend is only flying first class. She says it's worth it for her not to be uncomfortable for 8-9 hours. Me?? it's not that deep, i try hard to get the exit row seats. flying today is not a massive bargain for families

eliza61nyc

Oh heck no, I know some folks here are passionate about the parks but that also comes with a downside. Constantly comparing it to 19____ imo is always going to lead to disappointment. continuing to go while comparing it to some magical period is always going to lead to dissatisfaction.
And my personal favorite (not saying you do this) insinuating that those of us who still do love and go to the parks are somehow ill informed, charging our vacations or stupid.

JoeCamel

Not only is this forum full of such people but the mainstream travel and business reporting is peppered with articles questioning if Disney is worth the time and money any longer. It is no longer unique nor a bargain to an increasing number and you just have not hit that point yet but the trend is heading that way unless a miracle happens and we get transported back to the 80's/90's.
Your voice has less and less of a chorus as time marches on and people are exposed to other experiences through media and then want to have one for themselves. It's kind of like McDonald's in non US countries, many flock to eat there because they know exactly what they will get time after time and year after year but increasingly people want to try something different or more exciting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think the upper echelon realizes that the shine wore off long ago.

If anything Disney is a tick the box sort of thing. As in you go to say you have a d be done with it.
That’s contrary to the strategy and results of the Eisner era…and is a huge problem moving forward

Half the rooms are vacation club…and those aren’t built for member to rent out as a side real estate hustle

Major problems…but let’s watch it unfold 🤓

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom