News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Tha Realest

Regarding today's announcement from Iger. Could and will have different connotations. Just because someone COULD do something does not mean they actually WILL do something.
They could do a lot. Like,

- see through the Play Pavilion construction
- move forward with needed SSE work
- replace the carpeting in MMRR
- Make Soarin’s ending make sense
- do something - anything - with Stitch’s great escape

They choose not to. That is the problem.

ToTBellHop

Meanwhile at the Imagination Pavilion in Epcot....

1410828703.jpg
It’s amazing that it can be that awful but I still fixate on Eric Idle’s crooked teeth more than anything else.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Difference between Disney and Uni right now is that its not lip service from Uni. Iger says we could, we might, blah blah blah. Uni is actually building something wonderful right now in their backyard. This isn't a good look to be constantly talking about something for years without producing much.

capsshield

Well we know of 3 areas that they are trying to add too.
Disneyland forward
Beyond thunder
Dino replacement

I don't think he's counting fantasy springs or the frozen land
Paris is in line already with some big expansions, so I don't think he is referring to that park yet.

My guess is that Shanghai is on that list as well

I also think the studios should be on that list if it's not.

I look at fantasy springs with 4 attractions and 3 restaurants and see something similar for Beyond thunder

Dino replacement will maybe increase ride count by 1 if we're lucky but it will get rid of a cheap looking section of the park.

Disneyland forward will be huge if they can get it through.

Probably 5 mini lands 1 attraction each but also a restaurant and store and very immursive.

yensid1967

"...the company has "entered into a phase where we can start building. We have 1000s of acres of lands to develop, we could actually build seven new full lands if we wanted to around the world, including the ability to increase the size of Disneyland in California..."

Those 5 little words holds a lot of meaning! Could and if they wanted to, doesn't sound too promising that they have something in the final planning stage that they will announce soon! For me, it seems like a lot of BLAH BLAH BLAH just to keep fans interested enough and hanging on to the edge of their seats that Disney will start building soon.
But with ticket prices announced as increasing, a lot of fans are being priced out! I thought Iger said that the ticket increases from Chapek was too extreme!? What ever happened to that sentiment? Just proves that he is just like Chapek, because Iger COULD (there's that word again) do something like not raise the ticket prices, get rid of Genie+ and get rid of tiered date based pricing for the parks! Instead of raising prices for your guests, how about the Executives take a pay cut for once!? Although I am a Disney fan and am holding on to hope that things will change for the good, I can tell you with 100% for the first time being a fan, that I AM DISAPPOINTED with Disney and they way the current management is taking things!
Most of the Resort hotels are being refurbished to contemporary designs, there is no imagination any more! Could that be because of the Imagineers being shipped to Lake Nona, or quitting because they had to move to Florida!? Or just being laid off!? Disney+ is losing money, Marvels is losing money, DHS has a massive hotel that was a WASTE of MONEY! I think Star Wars Land was a waste of time, land and money...there are only so many fans. What happens when those fans become disinterested!?
It makes me a little sad to see the directions that Disney is going. I am afraid that very soon Disney will not be attainable for a lot of the middle class. I am giving Disney one more chance, 2026 WILL BE MY LAST TRIP EVER to a Disney park! I hope things change!

doctornick

Again, I think the quote is talking about the scope of the potential investment/amount of build, not the specifics of plans. It probably makes more sense to think of it as "7 lands worth of stuff"

Advisable Joseph

Well we know of 3 areas that they are trying to add too.
Disneyland forward
Beyond thunder
Dino replacement
Iger meant seven new Disneylands, as a measure of available space:

I think Iger misspoke. Back in September he stated they had over a thousand acres of land to expand across all their resorts, enough to build seven new Disneylands.

With "thousands of acres," they could build 7 new parks, let alone lands.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
"...the company has "entered into a phase where we can start building. We have 1000s of acres of lands to develop, we could actually build seven new full lands if we wanted to around the world, including the ability to increase the size of Disneyland in California..."

Just more talking points for D23, that is depending on how the April 3rd meeting goes. To show how much of an impact it has on me, I'll just be in WDW that week ignoring all the theatrics.

yensid1967

Just more talking points for D23, that is depending on how the April 3rd meeting goes. To show how much of an impact it has on me, I'll just be in WDW that week ignoring all the theatrics.
Unless I saw progress from Disney, I would not be paying the price for D23, just to hear BLAH BLAH BLAH and rumors with no follow through! At this point I think Disney has got to prove they are in the game of creating Magic, Fantasy, Wishes in order to get guests comfortable with spending years to save to go to a Disney park!
When Epic Universe opens next summer, Disney will be hurting! And if they are being so lazy about the opening of a competitor's park that will have an affect on them, they deserve to hurt!! :-( Then let the executives look at one another and wonder what happened! Where are all the guests? Its just a sad thing to talk about lately!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom