NBA Experience at Disney Springs

plutofan15

The nba is the only major North American sports enterprise that is losing viewership and revenue…it seems
While down from historical high viewership, Nielson numbers show that viewership is up from last year. Obviously will have to wait until the season is over to get the numbers for the entire season. And for the 2022/23 season, the last full season for which numbers are available, revenue was up $500 million over the previous year.

Attachments

• IMG_2443.jpeg
    IMG_2443.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2446.png
    IMG_2446.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 20

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes, I know, I do the permit research. The permit mentions demo, but that doesn't mean they are demolishing the whole building. Cityworks is in that building and since we haven't heard any news of it closing, it's likely that this is just some interior demolition to make way for something new.
I suspect either interior or on the outside, the NBA themed ribbon that spans the whole building.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While down from historical high viewership, Nielson numbers show that viewership is up from last year. Obviously will have to wait until the season is over to get the numbers for the entire season. And for the 2022/23 season, the last full season for which numbers are available, revenue was up $500 million over the previous year.
There was a report that an estimated 8-10 franchises are losing money

Based on the nba revenue sharing deal…that doesn’t bode well

I don’t think the league is gonna go outta business anytime soon however. But the owners will go after the players If their revenues aren’t up to snuff

plutofan15

There was a report that an estimated 8-10 franchises are losing money

Based on the nba revenue sharing deal…that doesn’t bode well

I don’t think the league is gonna go outta business anytime soon however. But the owners will go after the players If their revenues aren’t up to snuff
Not sure what you mean by 8-10 are losing money. If you mean that those teams are losing money prior to receiving revenue sharing, that might possibly be true. The only team to lose money after revenue sharing is the Nets because of their obligations to the Barclays Center arena. But there are teams which are losing money before any revenue sharing in all major league sports with the possible exception of the NFL. A league which generated $10.5 billion in revenue last year is not in trouble. The current agreement between teams regarding revenue sharing expires after this season I believe. A renegotiation is certainly more than likely. But highly doubtful that any teams will go under.
Not sure what you mean by "the owners will go after the players" though. If you mean that future contracts will be for less money, I guess that is possible. But then again, that would be determined by the contract between the owners and the player's association which requires a certain percentage of league revenue be spent on player contracts.
Full disclosure - I haven't watched or been to an NBA game in probably 30 years - just not my thing. Much prefer college basketball to pro.

Lilofan

Another NBA experience for some players that played their games in the Covid bubble of WDW was not so rosy. Some players chose to live and play in a cloud of funny smelling haze to escape the boredom, not allowed to leave property and some were not happy with the food selection at the resorts they were staying at.

Last edited:

plutofan15

The NBA experience for some players that played their games in the Covid bubble of WDW was not so rosy. Some players chose to live and play in a cloud of funny smelling haze to escape the boredom, not allowed to leave property and some were not happy with the food selection at the resorts they were staying at.
All true. Know people who were there working on the broadcasts.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom