NBA Experience at Disney Springs

LSLS

Correct, as I state, although the NBA Experience was an Iger agenda thing pushed upon TWDC, it didn’t harm TWDC too much is it was just another failed tenant of Disney Springs and while it’s total failure harm didn’t TWDC significantly like a failed movie for example, the loss of a prime spot in Disney Springs, and the potential income, as well as the reduced guest experience at Disney Springs was a loss.

But, yes, the NBA I presume, paid for the demo of Disney Quest😭as well as the construction of the failed NBA Experience, but I presume Disney is paying for the demo of the NBA Experience.
You are blaming Iger for this. Why? Where did you read he was the one pushing for this? Or that there were other plans for this site, but he gave it to the NBA? If the plan was for Disney to not be the one running the place (which I'm pretty sure they have said multiple times is their goal), then what potential income was lost? They were paid. I mean come on, I can't stand Iger, but it's ridiculous you want to put THIS on him. Pick one of the dozens of other things he's done that hurts park goers. I think a large arcade would actually make a ton of sense, but Disney doesn't want to run things, they want the passive income, so find a tenant and push for it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney is great at build it knock it down --- build it knock it down ---build it knock it down --what a wast of money but then again Disney just passes the cost on to the guest

There is no indication that the building will be demolished. Cityworks is also in that building and there has been no news of that closing. This permit is probably just for selective demolition in things inside the building.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There is no indication that the building will be demolished. Cityworks is also in that building and there has been no news of that closing. This permit is probably just for selective demolition in things inside the building.
Yeah, it's almost as if people never heard of a remodeling that didn't involved complete demolition first.

Or, as if they purposely chose not to consider it in order to score points...

fgmnt

It is my understanding that Springs has a pretty low turnover compared to other similar places.
I read the post as something that does not necessarily affect the company any more than a headphones store not paying their lease any more. I think that is mostly true.

I believe there has to be a market on the West Side for a selection of premium attractions. I could have sworn Disney bought everything out from under The VOID when covid killed them. Would love to see part of this space potentially involve activities like that.

John park hopper

Disney Quest was torn down for the NBA building. I suspect the the NBA building will be demolished as well
Disney-Quest_Full_31550.jpg

lazyboy97o

I read the post as something that does not necessarily affect the company any more than a headphones store not paying their lease any more. I think that is mostly true.

I believe there has to be a market on the West Side for a selection of premium attractions. I could have sworn Disney bought everything out from under The VOID when covid killed them. Would love to see part of this space potentially involve activities like that.
The VOID is actually still around but they don’t currently have any venues open. Disney revoked The VOID’s licenses because they used them as collateral to try and survive COVID.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

surfsupdon

It probably won't be another alternate entertainment venue. Disney is done with being the Vacation Kingdom of the World and is now solely focused on being its own Theme Park Capital of the World. All commercials just push theme parks, characters, and rides. If it fits in a theme park, we will show it, especially if we can upsell you.

Gone are the days of a true vacation kingdom...boat rentals for kids, accessible bike rentals at resorts, water park updates, yoga and art classes, it's all just such a different place and we only have ourselves to blame.

tanc

It was probably the worst concept for an experience I ever heard. Walk in, shoot some hoops, and leave. At least Disney Quest had some unique experiences. It'd be a fever dream for Disney Quest to return with modernized AR/VR but they'd never spend the money to do it.

Sad thing is that Disney Quest has so much lost media associated with it as well. The opening Hercules attraction has literally no known archive of the full ride.

I'd want a modernized Disney Quest that has floors dedicated to years, 80's, 90's 20's, VR ect and I think it'd be so cool. Part of the problem with DQ is the order felt so spontaneous and there was no consistency between rooms.

The zurg bumper cars were actually pretty cool as well. If DQ is out of the question, at least turn it into a WDW museum or something. It'd be amazing to visit relics from previous rides. I guess if they're demolishing it though, they'll probably put some niche restaurant that will go under within a few years. It's kind of astonishing how many of their tenants have left due to the lack of business. Might as well put spirit halloween there at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom