NBA Experience at Disney Springs

Disstevefan1

Interesting permit today. Contractor is Adena which does a lot of big projects for Disney, for example the Epcot hub work. Permit does not have an explicit expiration so it defaults to one year.

1486 E BUENA VISTA DR(WEST SIDE NBA EXPERIENCE) - General Construction/Demo
I am very happy to see this. The NBA experience was a total Iger mistake from the first moment. Everyone (except Iger) knew this was a mistake from the first moment.

The NBA Experience was just another example if Iger pushing is personal agenda on to TWDC with no thought of how it effects the company.

The good thing is, the failed NBA Experience was not a significant blow to TWDC, as its just another failed tenant of Disney Springs.

This failure did however reduce the guest experience….. Oh, wait, Iger does not care about that, never mind.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just read an article about players chickening out of skills competitions yesterday because they're afraid embarrassing themselves. I like the NBA enough but the players are pretty disconnected from fans.
They got out over their skis a little bit

And don’t have the star power they need these days

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s jagr day in Pittsburgh for me

Attachments

• IMG_4729.png
    IMG_4729.png
    271 KB · Views: 59

Lilofan

I am very happy to see this. The NBA experience was a total Iger mistake from the first moment. Everyone (except Iger) knew this was a mistake from the first moment.

The NBA Experience was just another example if Iger pushing is personal agenda on to TWDC with no thought of how it effects the company.

The good thing is, the failed NBA Experience was not a significant blow to TWDC, as its just another failed tenant of Disney Springs.

This failure did however reduce the guest experience….. Oh, wait, Iger does not care about that, never mind.
First time Iger showed up at a store opening at Disney Springs. He showed up at NBA Grand Opening to support his friend David Silver NBA Commissioner who was there also.

LSLS

I uh, I'm not sure any of that is true. Didn't the NBA pay for everything that was done here? If so, I wouldn't say Disney really did anything wrong. You had someone pay you to take over a giant area and pay you rent. It being a total failure really means nothing to Disney, they got their money out of it.

lazyboy97o

I uh, I'm not sure any of that is true. Didn't the NBA pay for everything that was done here? If so, I wouldn't say Disney really did anything wrong. You had someone pay you to take over a giant area and pay you rent. It being a total failure really means nothing to Disney, they got their money out of it.
It’s not true, but why let facts get in the way? The NBA went right to Disney when Universal told them to vacate. NBA Experience was all about the NBA trying to get back at Universal by doing something bigger and better than NBA City.

Disstevefan1

Correct, as I state, although the NBA Experience was an Iger agenda thing pushed upon TWDC, it didn’t harm TWDC too much is it was just another failed tenant of Disney Springs and while it’s total failure harm didn’t TWDC significantly like a failed movie for example, the loss of a prime spot in Disney Springs, and the potential income, as well as the reduced guest experience at Disney Springs was a loss.

But, yes, the NBA I presume, paid for the demo of Disney Quest😭as well as the construction of the failed NBA Experience, but I presume Disney is paying for the demo of the NBA Experience.

lazyboy97o

Correct, as I state, although the NBA Experience was an Iger agenda thing pushed upon TWDC, it didn’t harm TWDC too much is it was just another failed tenant of Disney Springs and while it’s total failure harm didn’t TWDC significantly like a failed movie for example, the loss of a prime spot in Disney Springs, and the potential income, as well as the reduced guest experience at Disney Springs was a loss.

But, yes, the NBA I presume, paid for the demo of Disney Quest😭as well as the construction of the failed NBA Experience, but I presume Disney is paying for the demo of the NBA Experience.
It wasn’t Iger’s idea. It had nothing to do with his agenda.

Cmdr_Crimson

I still say the only thing that makes sense as a replacement, given the size and location of the venue, is a Broadway style show.
That was an initial plan before Cirque came in..It was to be call The Disney Entertainment Theater..Nothing has else has ever been mentioned about this mystery theater except on the WDW explorer software that came out in the late 90s...Here's the information about it..

I still question how it would had looked like as there is no info or concept art of it anywhere..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom