Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Disstevefan1

I don't feel like sharing my personal video to the masses (since it's meant for my family's POV), but I really feel most of the effects were working as of last mid-December. I'd be happy to share with somebody that wants to inspect. Drop me an PM.
Too bad so much was broken last night.

gerarar

Premium Member
I don't feel like sharing my personal video to the masses (since it's meant for my family's POV), but I really feel most of the effects were working as of last mid-December. I'd be happy to share with somebody that wants to inspect. Drop me an PM.
The effects in question (minus the cannons) are always in flux every couple days. Like if one were to ride it again today or maybe tomorrow, those effects on the Bridge and lightsaber will be fixed.

Kylo AA also seems to go into B-mode every couple days after some breakdowns and gets fixed up soon after.

The ride needs to go down for a lengthy refurbishment sooner or later. It's been almost 4 years since it's opened.

Last edited:

mattpeto

I was there mid-December, too, and all FX (except canons) were working.
Which canons? The ones from the AT-AT or the ones at the end of the ride with all the screens?

I vaguely recalling the canons didn't lower from the AT-AT, but all the screens were functional at the end.

Disstevefan1

For all of 2023:
  • ROTR averaged a bit more than 100 minutes of downtime per day
  • Experienced at least one outage on 321 of 365 days (88%)
As @Marc Davis Fan says, ROTR is probably generating a ton of ILL revenue. People whose bonuses depend on DHS revenue are not going to take it down willingly for the 6 months (or whatever) needed to address the issues.
Its ironic that the more an attraction is down, the BETTER it drives sales Genie+ and ILL.

Good incentive NOT to fix stuff.

Disney wins again.

tissandtully

I
The cannons are like the Yeti, only folks who got to ride the attraction early go to see it working.

The Yeti broke a few months after Everest opened

How long did the cannons work before they got turned off?
I was on it last month and everything was working great except for the cannons of course. I was one of the first to ride so I was able to experience it, it was a really cool part of the ride but I can see why it not being fixed other people wouldn’t know it was missing.

Apparently there’s a huge safety issue because it is in the ride path and they’ve had problems with the pucks in the floor being accurate on stops. I don’t know how you fix that without tearing up the floor again. But yes, the situation is 100% like the Yeti.

tissandtully

Which canons? The ones from the AT-AT or the ones at the end of the ride with all the screens?

I vaguely recalling the canons didn't lower from the AT-AT, but all the screens were functional at the end.
Should watch one of the opening day videos, in the space battle scene where the cannons are shooting out into space the whole cannon show piece would move into the ride path and block the RV. This is why the RV stops and backs up and goes forward again during that part.

tissandtully

For all of 2023:
  • ROTR averaged a bit more than 100 minutes of downtime per day
  • Experienced at least one outage on 321 of 365 days (88%)
As @Marc Davis Fan says, ROTR is probably generating a ton of ILL revenue. People whose bonuses depend on DHS revenue are not going to take it down willingly for the 6 months (or whatever) needed to address the issues.
From what I've heard they'd need to rip out the floor to fix these issues, similar to what happened before the DL version opened. Not sure how accurate it is, my contact didn't work on that system, but other systems inside the attraction.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I was there mid-December, too, and all FX (except canons) were working.
Same here. On multiple rides.

It did go down on me for the first time. But I oddly didn't mind, because we got to spend about 5-10 minutes in the stormtrooper room before being led out, so I got to get all of the pictures I've always wanted but never had time for!

Disstevefan1

Same here. On multiple rides.

It did go down on me for the first time. But I oddly didn't mind, because we got to spend about 5-10 minutes in the stormtrooper room before being led out, so I got to get all of the pictures I've always wanted but never had time for!
Ah, December, the good ol' days ;)

I hope I am one of the lucky ones that get to see all the effects working (except the cannons) whenever I happen to ride it for my what will be the first time.

I guess its the luck of the draw 🤞

EeyoreFan#24

One of the Jollywood nights I went to had everything great during normal park hours, then we got in the first party group as we got off, so literally got right back in line. Bridge kilo broken already. He was not working the overtime no matter what I guess.

Mike S

The cannons are like the Yeti, only folks who got to ride the attraction early go to see it working.

The Yeti broke a few months after Everest opened

How long did the cannons work before they got turned off?
The yeti didn’t break a few months after opening. My first ride wasn’t until 2007 during the Year of a Million Dreams and I distinctly remember a working yeti with full show lighting as you can see from any video of it when it was working. It’s a very distinct memory because the thing was so convincing that I lowered myself as much as I could in my seat as a gut reaction to it lunging out. Also, this was at a time where I wasn’t looking up info or videos on rides on the internet. My first ride was my first experience of that scene.

Disstevefan1

The yeti didn’t break a few months after opening. My first ride wasn’t until 2007 during the Year of a Million Dreams and I distinctly remember a working yeti with full show lighting as you can see from any video of it when it was working. It’s a very distinct memory because the thing was so convincing that I lowered myself as much as I could in my seat as a gut reaction to it lunging out. Also, this was at a time where I wasn’t looking up info or videos on rides on the internet. My first ride was my first experience of that scene.
Oh, I did a google search before posting and it said it broke a few months after opening.

I (thought) I remembered it broke soon after opening.

Stupid Google.

So based on your memory, (according to Google) Everest opened April 2006, so depending on the month you visited could give us a better idea.

Drdcm

I went about one month after ROTR opened. We stayed a week and were able to get on it twice that week. The first time everything worked, the second time the cannons were not working anymore. I have not seen the cannons work since the very first time. When we went in December, the pre show wasn’t working, Kylo wasn’t working, and the lightsaber thing wasn’t working. I asked for a ILL+ refund and it was granted.

Edit: we also got stuck in that cell before getting in the ride for like 15min and some lady had a panic attack. It was a fun experience…

MagicHappens1971

I went about one month after ROTR opened. We stayed a week and were able to get on it twice that week. The first time everything worked, the second time the cannons were not working anymore. I have not seen the cannons work since the very first time. When we went in December, the pre show wasn’t working, Kylo wasn’t working, and the lightsaber thing wasn’t working. I asked for a ILL+ refund and it was granted.
I don't think the canons made it out of the summer of 2020.

Drdcm

I think being able to see it work in all its glory the first go around sort of ruined the ride for me. Now I just know what its missing when I’m on it.

I never saw the Yeti work, so it doesn’t matter at all to me for my ride experience on Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom