News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

DisneyDreamerxyz

I’m happy to see them investing in this attraction finally and some of the current lyrics are very 70s/80s era and problematic original songs would be better but it will bring more people into Grizzly Hall and our beloved bears will get some new threads!

flynnibus

Premium Member
No-one is dumbing the show down, least of all me. But the show as it currently exists has no story or premise beyond being a musical revue.
There are characters that tie into the staging and premise of it all. It's more than just a random set of songs and the story, characters, and linking between the visuals, lyrics, and script are what make that work.

Maybe refresh your memory of how radically changed Kitchen Kabaret changed vs Food Rocks - while basically still being a musical review. yes, there was more staging and figure changes there.. but focus on the musical review, script and premise... and how radically different the show was.

No simple change of songs alone is going to drive attendance.. and Disney knows that. The SHOW has to change.. not just the tunes.

There is currently no indication that that basic premise is being changed, which is not to say that the songs and script aren't being drastically and perhaps entirely altered.

With the bare minimun drip of details Disney provided (on nearly all these projects), one should not assume we have anything even close to resembling the scope of the project.

LittleBuford

There are characters that tie into the staging and premise of it all. It's more than just a random set of songs and the story, characters, and linking between the visuals, lyrics, and script are what make that work.

Maybe refresh your memory of how radically changed Kitchen Kabaret changed vs Food Rocks - while basically still being a musical review. yes, there was more staging and figure changes there.. but focus on the musical review, script and premise... and how radically different the show was.

With the bare minimun drip of details Disney provided (on nearly all these projects), one should not assume we have anything even close to resembling the scope of the project.
My very first response to you acknowledged that the show would be getting an entirely new script. You're imagining me to be saying things I'm not, and arguing for no reason.

wdwfan22

See, I'm more of the mind that they actually don't need to do anything to it. They've been considering replacing it since 2004, according to that Imagineer. For the last 18 years, it's been "on the chopping block." How does doing this actually improve Magic Kingdom? Will the Disney songs really make that much of a difference? Will Grizzly Hall suddenly be jammed for every show? I think we all know the answer is no.
But they do need to do something with it. The audio in the current version is bad and parts can't be heard very well. I think refreshing the show will bring in a new generation of fans.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Modern Country music sucks. That’s why tons of people say it’s their least favourite genre.
Country music is having a fabulous comeback with fresh and diverse singers who are tapping into the old-school torch songs of the country genres of the days of yore instead of the same boring men singing "I drive a big ole pick-up truck and my bimbo girlfriend loves me for it."

Admiral01

Premium Member
This is terrible news. CBJ is one of the few unique attractions at MK. Heck, it’s one of the few unique attractions at any Disney-owned Disney park anywhere in the world. This new version will be a hollow shell of what the attraction is now.

Imagination, Impressions de France, Tiki Room (which at least they reverted back to), and now the CBJ…. Feels like Disney never actually learns lessons.

It is dumbing it down, and, worse it’s watering it down. CBJ is a uniquely Disney attraction. To say it needs to be “Disneyified” ignores facts and history, especially with who helped develop the original attraction concept for the ski resort.

We hear “classic Disney songs” all over. We don’t need any cartoon songs at Pioneer Hall.

No one asked for this and I hope no one actually visits it.

Robbiem

Also, they did say “learning new songs”. Do we have confirmation the entire original show is being replaced? Or could it be a mix of new and old?

Heck. Create multiple new songs, and have the system automatically rotate through, each show can be different. Add repeatability.

I’ve always thought having random shows in the same way as star tours 2 would be a great way to build repeatability and keep people returning. You can also advertise new additions for more tie ins

does anyone know what songs they are considering? I know disney made a CD of country covers of some of their songs a while back which might give some idea of what to expect

I could definitely see some of the pixar randy newman songs being in this, I just hope they keep Davy Crocket

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom