Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

tommyhawkins

I made the statement that Brightline prefers to 417 route to the 528 route and you countered that that was patently false. Clearly it is not. That's all we're talking about. Here. Was my statement about bright line.

That absolutely was true. I deleted the rest of my statement because honestly, you're just too hostile. I know you're going to fire back with some blah blah blah blah blah and how it is that you have superior knowledge of something that nobody else does. Nobody has time for that.

What I was referring to in the first place:

"IMO For FHSR, Universal's objective was more to killed the project completely. For the Brightline Project, Universals was willing to be the first theme park stop for the inbound traffic from S Florida."

The point has always to bring a Trainline to the 528, businesses don't spend money on sabotaging competitors, it was a republican governor who killed the project both times before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbiem

Didn't want to include in Hurricane Ian thread but one thing that will stop light rail dead in its tracks with is a short circuit or drastically slow its operation is flooding over the track itself.
For hurricanes the winds would also be a factor both for the speed the trains can operate at as well as damage to overhead power lines etc.

Even the shinkansen in Japan is sometimes suspended when there is a typhoon

Andrew25

Hurricanes don't impact Florida as much - doubt it prevents high speed rail from continuing to operate.

Obviously, who is going to get on a train during a hurricane? Would be used as a one-way evacuation option.

Lilofan

Hurricanes don't impact Florida as much - doubt it prevents high speed rail from continuing to operate.

Obviously, who is going to get on a train during a hurricane? Would be used as a one-way evacuation option.
I meant that post hurricane , with flooding tracks and debris the train would not operate right away.

Bob Harlem

Universal has put up the land/money for a new station by the OCCC, the South I Drive station is planned between Epcot Center Dr. and Osceola Parkway, this takes place of what would have been something closer to WWoS or Disney Springs. And eventually out toward Tampa from there. Universal gets a new special district out of this too with a filed application with Orange County to create the Shingle Creek Transit Utility Community Development District. Universal already owns preservation wetlands north and south of Sand Lake road for Shingle Creek itself, which borders Epic Universe on the east side.

1672962877698.png

As for the brightline Miami/Orlando portion here's a summary of what they did all of last year:

Attachments

• 1672962828873.png
    1672962828873.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom