News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Jrb1979

Heard that…..no one would ever buy APs in the disarray the last guy left the Parks, coupled with up charges for everything, No Magical express….they’ll have to drop prices to have any hopes if EVER selling another AP

They probably have some delusion the AP sales will be strong….
IMO APs only came back cause summer bookings are extremely soft.

Dad 2 M & M

Agreed

Last few times we’ve looked there’s been rooms available at the AP discount as well as the heavily marketed public discounts

Even the Values have availability across both discounts

No doubt the DFP will be back in some form

donsullivan

Premium Member
AP sales only came back because enough people didn't renew that they have a limited number back in their inventory to sell. All of the park operators have changed their model to having a finite number of Annual Passes available for sale and when that many are sold, they drop sales. Universal has been doing the same thing with price increases but they are trying to achieve the same goal- limit the number of passholders that exist. When demand gets too high, they ratchet up the price and it slows sales. They just don't have a demand anywhere near what Disney has for them since people aren't trying to buy a 'discount card' like they are with Disney.

cjkeating

It seems all the DVC owners who wanted a pass got one by the end of the day and once the virtual queue went in the wait was minimal and the process was smooth. I wonder if they regret delaying (at least from a DVC perspective) the sale of APs when it didn't seem to be as great as expected and how it is cost them new DVC sales and generated resales.

biggy H

It seems all the DVC owners who wanted a pass got one by the end of the day and once the virtual queue went in the wait was minimal and the process was smooth. I wonder if they regret delaying (at least from a DVC perspective) the sale of APs when it didn't seem to be as great as expected and how it is cost them new DVC sales and generated resales.

There are many overseas DVC members going this year that will have already bought tickets and want to upgrade them but they can only do it person once they get to WDW.

cjkeating

There are many overseas DVC members going this year that will have already bought tickets and want to upgrade them but they can only do it person once they get to WDW.
I have heard £ tickets can’t be upgraded but if anyone bought $ tickets they can be upgraded over the phone.

Is it confirmed £ tickets can be upgraded on site? It’s a weird rule to be in person only. (I am unsure what’s happened with other currency tickets, € for example?)

nickys

Premium Member
T
I have heard £ tickets can’t be upgraded but if anyone bought $ tickets they can be upgraded over the phone.

Is it confirmed £ tickets can be upgraded on site? It’s a weird rule to be in person only. (I am unsure what’s happened with other currency tickets, € for example?)
Thats what people have been told.
To be fair it’s possible if they called the US number they might be able to upgrade, I don’t know if they used the UK help line number.

nickys

Premium Member
Although there were obviously a lot of people who bought on Thursday, there’s also no rush.
The Sorcerer Pass isn’t going to sell out before the 20th.

And if the wording plus the word of some on here can be believed the intent is for DVC members to be able to buy them indefinitely.

The wording is different to last time, so maybe they’ll stick to that. Who knows?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has updated the Annual Passholder website with the following regarding timing of sales on Thursday -

"The Disney Incredi-Pass, Disney Sorcerer Pass and Disney Pirate Pass will resume new sales and can be purchased online no earlier than 6:00 AM Eastern Time on April 20, 2023.

The quantity of passes will be limited and passes, or a pass type, may become unavailable for purchase at any time1."

Last edited:

pdude81

Disney has updated the Annual Passholder website with the following regarding timing of sales tomorrow -

"The Disney Incredi-Pass, Disney Sorcerer Pass and Disney Pirate Pass will resume new sales and can be purchased online no earlier than 6:00 AM Eastern Time on April 20, 2023.

The quantity of passes will be limited and passes, or a pass type, may become unavailable for purchase at any time1."

Read: Everybody hoping to buy an AP should eat a gummy as soon as they wake up on 4/20

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
AP sales only came back because enough people didn't renew that they have a limited number back in their inventory to sell. All of the park operators have changed their model to having a finite number of Annual Passes available for sale and when that many are sold, they drop sales. Universal has been doing the same thing with price increases but they are trying to achieve the same goal- limit the number of passholders that exist. When demand gets too high, they ratchet up the price and it slows sales. They just don't have a demand anywhere near what Disney has for them since people aren't trying to buy a 'discount card' like they are with Disney.

Yep. My question is - Why doesn't Disney figure out why demand for APs gets so high in the first place? 🤔

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney has updated the Annual Passholder website with the following regarding timing of sales tomorrow -

Where do you live that tomorrow is the 20th? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom